What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs The Silvertails (Manly)

WestyLife

First Grade
Probably help his game if anything. Playing outside Kikau is pretty easy

Will justify being paid more if he can play both sides and fill in at fullback when needed.

As for combinations they will change through the years anyway with the salary cap forcing changes.

franklin2323

Immortal
Who cares about next year though? Isn't the priority winning the comp right now? Putting Burton on the right and Crichton on the left is an overall weaker team than Burton left/Crichton right. Bellamy would absolutely pick his best team for that year like Ivan is doing right now.

It is about growing the side. Our attack still looks scratchy at times. Looks pretty good with set plays but generally pretty scratchy. The more you move guys around the less scratchy it gets.

I can't remember Joey Manu playing too many games on the opposite side

Munster will go into SOO side. His replacement will slot straight in rather than move Hughes. The system is just so good in those sides. We are yet to get such systems yet

Smug Panther

First Grade
It is about growing the side. Our attack still looks scratchy at times. Looks pretty good with set plays but generally pretty scratchy. The more you move guys around the less scratchy it gets.

I can't remember Joey Manu playing too many games on the opposite side

Munster will go into SOO side. His replacement will slot straight in rather than move Hughes. The system is just so good in those sides. We are yet to get such systems yet
What an odd comparison

franklin2323

Immortal
You're ruining a centre by playing him at centre? On the side he played coming up the grades at least to some degree?

He is very much a work in progress. He was great last year but still bombed several tries. Have yet to see his pass or kicking. How Luai passes is different to Cleary. How Capewell/Martin defend and run is different to Kikau. Having him play in a more structure better defence side of the field won't help him play with the guys on the left.

So yes his development as a left centre is going to be stalled unless he will stay right and Tago ( who is playing left) is the plan. That I can get around

The Realist

Juniors
As long as you don't back them up for club after SOO then no extra games. They could get injured anyway playing for club

Origin has better players who are faster,stronger and fitter so that places extra strain on players. They are more likely to get injured playing origin then a club game. It isn't a massive difference but there is a difference.

hindy111

Post Whore
Capewell,Cleary,Yeo will play origin.
Critchton and Toò are possibilities as is Luai but I don't think they'll be picked.
Burton will take Nathan's spot. Your forward depth maybe tested.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Critchton and Toò are possibilities as is Luai but I don't think they'll be picked.
Martin is better than Capewell so he'll cover him fine. Kenny might play some lock, obviously we'd need someone else to start the game

betcats

Referee

Laui will almost definitely get picked, there isnt a better 6 in the comp right now and he is partnering Nath at club level, not picking him would be ridiculous.

betcats

Referee
Perhaps. But my tip is Jack

He is playing like shit mate something big will have to change for that to happen.

If they are being serious Jack is 18th man at best, maybe centre. If Teddy is fit you've got to fit Turbo, Latrell, Pap in somewhere as they are actually in great form. NSW has way to many good players 1-7 for Fittler to pick an out of form Wighton after a piss poor loss last series, picking wighton over Luai or Walker right now would just be insane IMO.

Smug Panther

First Grade
He is playing like shit mate something big will have to change for that to happen.

If they are being serious Jack is 18th man at best, maybe centre. If Teddy is fit you've got to fit Turbo, Latrell, Pap in somewhere as they are actually in great form. NSW has way to many good players 1-7 for Fittler to pick an out of form Wighton after a piss poor loss last series, picking wighton over Luai or Walker right now would just be insane IMO.
Freddy isn't sane tho.....

Pomoz

Bench
Tedesco at fullback, Latrell and Turbo in the centres and Luai at five eighth, Papenhausen on the bench, they would be queing down the street at ticketek to see that. What a combination that could be. Queensland will be praying that NSW doesn't have the sense to pick that team.

As much as I love Bizza, I can't see how he gets a jersey. Tupou and JAC have done nothing to deserve being dropped. On the other hand, Wighton has been crap and I'm not sure Walker is playing well enough to replace him. Luai is a strong chance of ousting Wighton, especially if the Raiders keep playing so badly.

I couldn't in good conscience pick Crichton over Latrell or Turbo, they are two, possibly three levels above him.