What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs The Silvertails (Manly)

Smug Panther

First Grade
May had the highest tackle percentage in the team. He made 26 tackles and missed 1. You must have mistaken him for another player.

Kenny is a better hooker, but he can't play the other positions such as centre and half back at the same level May can. May provides insurance. I'm sure Ricky Stuart wishes he had May in his team, the last few times he lost a back during the game through injury.

The worst defensive performance in the team was Martin. 12 tackles, 4 missed, 2 ineffective.
Kenny is a better hooker and forward
Burton is a better half and back
Capewell is a better centre
Drop him

And numbers mean sweet f**k all. He had misses that lead to breaks I don't care what the stats say

The Realist

Juniors
Parras Pack is better.

RCG vs JFH - JFH
Jnr vs Leota - Jnr by quite a bit.
Kikau vs Matterson = Defense and consistency Matto. Attack Kikau. What do you prefer? Kikau can bust a game wide open. Or miss tackles and go missing for 2 games in a row. His poor games are very ordinary tbh.
Lane v Capewell = Quite even.
Yeo vs Brown = Quite Even

Bench
Martin vs Papali =Close but Papali form is superior amd edges him.
Kafusi vs Spencer = Close. Kafusi defense shades him. Spencer attacks better.Spencer edges him just.
Eisenhuth vs Niakuore.= Marata by a mile.
May vs Cartwright= Bryce looks back to best. May I dont get.

You then have Greig,Hipgrave,Stone as handy back ups.

Capewell is considerably better than Lane.
Yeo is better than Brown by a little bit.

Other than that I agree,

Parra are a dangerous team for the Panthers. ATM everyone is saying we are the best team in the competition - but if I had to bet my life in a finals game I'd bet on Storm and Roosters to beat us and would be very worried by Souths and Parramatta.

Pomoz

Bench
Kenny is a better hooker and forward
Burton is a better half and back
Capewell is a better centre
Drop him

And numbers mean sweet f**k all. He had misses that lead to breaks I don't care what the stats say
I understand. Numbers mean nothing and you don't care what they say. It does make it hard to debate when somebody says "I said so, so there", but anyway.

Burton is not on the bench, Capewell is not on the bench. Our discussions are about a bench player. You suggest we move two players if one is injured (Capewell and Burton presumably). Is that better for the team than slotting May in and making one change?

Jane Murray

Bench
Solid Performance again, Cleary is on another level this year, he is easily the best 7 in the game at the moment.

To’o - beast, having such a great season.

Special mention to Critter and Staines, they looked so solid in defence, not what I really expected from these too, but man, that edge looked rock solid all night, Critter is IMO our best all round centre, please just leave him there Ivan.
It will be interesting to see who, apart from Cleary, and Yeo, who makes the Blues side. Assuming if, and this is a big if, Crichton, Luai, Burton, highly unlikely, and To'o, makes it, who will be their replacements?

franklin2323

Immortal
May had the highest tackle percentage in the team. He made 26 tackles and missed 1. You must have mistaken him for another player.

Kenny is a better hooker, but he can't play the other positions such as centre and half back at the same level May can. May provides insurance. I'm sure Ricky Stuart wishes he had May in his team, the last few times he lost a back during the game through injury.

The worst defensive performance in the team was Martin. 12 tackles, 4 missed, 2 ineffective.

This. People don't like him which is fair enough but on field very few can cover what he can.

Round 1 he covered Api
Round 3 Edwards
Yesterday Capewell and again Api

He slots in for x player and you can run the interchanges as normal. Such a good talent to have in the side

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It will be interesting to see who, apart from Cleary, and Yeo, who makes the Blues side. Assuming if, and this is a big if, Crichton, Luai, Burton, highly unlikely, and To'o, makes it, who will be their replacements?
Cleary, Yeo are pretty much in.
Luai and To’o are in with a decent shots.
Critta and Burto are outside chances.

Cleary - Burton/May
Luai - Burton/May
Yeo - I’d love to see hopgood, but it will be Sorensen (who has been great)
To’o - Jennings/Nado
Critta - Nado / Momo
Burton - Nado / Momo

Luke Bowden

First Grade
This. People don't like him which is fair enough but on field very few can cover what he can.

Round 1 he covered Api
Round 3 Edwards

He slots in for x player and you can run the interchanges as normal. Such a good talent to have in the side

100%
Think what you like of him as a person, that’s up to you, but you can’t deny his ability on the footy field.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Round 1 he covered Api
Round 3 Edwards

I like May and he might be the best option but at this point Kenny is playing better

franklin2323

Immortal
100%
Think what you like of him as a person, that’s up to you, but you can’t deny his ability on the footy field.

Teams are getting an injury especially in the outside backs and struggling due to the bench rotations being stuffed up.

We just put May there and keep the rest of the structure stays. Very few sides have that luxury.

Take the miss on Harper. That is the only issue with his game across the 3 positions he played.

Sorensen will come in for Capewell anyway so he doesn't play there this week anyway

tripster

Juniors
May is also the reason we won the Storm game after Edwards went off injured. He made a try saving tackle on our line. There is a good chance that even Edwards wouldn’t have made that tackle if he was still on the field.

franklin2323

Immortal
I like May and he might be the best option but at this point Kenny is playing better

Take yesterday Capewell goes off before Kikau is back on. Then how do you run the bench?

That is the issue. Kenny should be the 13 when Yeo is in Origin but aside from filling in the middle not sure where he plays

franklin2323

Immortal
Which we already cover with better players than May. Kenny has had to pace himself, I'd love to see what he could do in short stints.

Then you need to fill those minutes from somewhere else and you end up with say Kenny and 2 props on the bench. This is how Canberra are coming undone atm

Latest posts