What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Tigers

Dragon David

First Grade
Couldnt agree more, it will be a close game, and WIN holds no fear for the Tigers, If we dont get on top of these guys early and we have to fight our way back into it, that makes me nervous. Anyway I'm holding faith in the guys to carry the momentum from the last 2 weeks into this one and have a good gutsy performance.
Again it is a case of great defence plus great completion rate plus scoring some tries will result in a win. This is what we have to concentrate on. No ifs or buts.

justadragon

Bench
Again it is a case of great defence plus great completion rate plus scoring some tries will result in a win. This is what we have to concentrate on. No ifs or buts.
Agree Dave, I really wish I knew what the halves combination is going to be, we definitely have to have more attack about ourselves and just cant rely on our defence and giving them the ball back without and attacking end to our set. It may work here and there but it certainly wont work all the time and we cant rely on that defensive effort from last monday to be there every week. Personally I think the roosters looked flat yesterday and I reckon its because of last week. So that makes me wary of putting our defence under enormous pressure this week.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree Dave, I really wish I knew what the halves combination is going to be, we definitely have to have more attack about ourselves and just cant rely on our defence and giving them the ball back without and attacking end to our set. It may work here and there but it certainly wont work all the time and we cant rely on that defensive effort from last monday to be there every week. Personally I think the roosters looked flat yesterday and I reckon its because of last week. So that makes me wary of putting our defence under enormous pressure this week.
If the rumour is right that Sullivan is in and Amone is in ressies, then Bird is either out altogether or on the bench.

The Dragons went in at halftime leading 14 nil against the Roosters on Anzac Day. They couldn't score in the second half and this generally is our problem. We have put in good first half efforts in most of the games this year but we tend not to go on with the same intensity in the second halves. Hook's speech before the second half has got to have more sting in what he says and the guys might need a dose of smelling salts to wake them up and invigorate them for the next 40 minutes. It is crucial that they stay in the game for the duration up to when the whistle is blown for full time.

As you say, they could be a bit flat just like the Roosters were last night. Luckily we have an extra day to get over last Monday so it might help with our physicality hopefully.

Gareth67

First Grade
I have the feeling that this will be a game of the team that makes the least mistakes will come out the victor . Will the Dragons continue on with their good form and in particular their defence from last week ?

The Tigers are six off one and half a dozen of the other , they play quite well at times , but only go on to lose games due to basic errors - very similar to our boys .

Hoping that the Big Red V have actually turned the corner as far as their form is concerned and are able to continue on with their winning streak with a win of over the TigPies .

Dragons by 8 😇

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Moga not playing in NSW Cup either despite being named an hour before the game. Maybe injured in warm up - hope not a sign of Suli being out.

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Should be a good game tonight.. sullivan off the bench will be good too see.. and I think amone is due for a big game I hope it's tonight go the dragons!