What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

Country Bronco

Juniors
Totally agree Big Pete. Our forward pack is our biggest weapon. No disrespect to the Titans they've got a good starting pack but we've got the edge on the bench. Josh McGuire would be in the starting side for most teams in the nrl as would Gillett.

Back to the game, it was a fine first half. I wouldn't be to disappointed with second half scoreline 6 all as the Titans did throw a lot us and we worked hard for the win without commiting silly errors which could of lead to the game being up for grabs.

3 Glenn
2 Parker
1 McCullough

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Glenn
2. Hannant
1. Norman

Great performance by the boys. I actually thought our best try was from the set play near the line. The titans had plenty of time to set the defence but the play was too good. It surprised the sh!t out of me, seemed more like a Melbourne type set move. Top stuff!

Corey Norman adds another dimension to the attack, no doubt about it. He is so dangerous running the ball as well.

Could have been very easy for the Broncs to get complacent going into the game, but Hook has done his job here.

00digger00

Juniors
Good win last night. It looked like we lost a little bit of interest in the second half. Cant blame them. 20 points up and raining. But they pulled it together.
3- Glenn was awesome from the kick off. Good game
2- Hoffman played some really good support which is what you want from your number 1 and once again was good under the high ball in crappy conditions
1- Hannant solid as always
I had a horrible thought after Parker missed his second attempt last night. That one day his goal kicking is going to cost us a big game. Less time at the hair dresses Corey and more time on the kicking tee.........

josh1111

Juniors
Is it just me or does Thiday seem to be in Wallace's way a lot when we are attacking, happened a number of times when Wallace was trying to get quick ball to the outside backs.

Bretto

Bench
3. Glenn - 2 tries and was solid in defence.

2. Hoffman - Good support work tonight and flawless under the high ball even in the teaming rain. What a talent this kid is.

1. Civoniceva - 2 great games in a row from big Petero. Looks like he's finding some match fitness and a bit of desire out there.

First couple sets of attack the Titans looked good. Prince was looking dangerous. Then the Titans fell apart. Silly errors which let Brisbane into the game.

Brisbane really "dictated terms" from that point on, and their left edge attack with Norman and Glenn looked dangerous all night.

I thought we should have scored with Copley in the corner and Hodges in the other corner, with the ref ruling forward passes both times. I thought both of those passes were fair, which could of blown the score out to 38-6.

Broncos were solid again. Nothing too flashy, just getting the job done which is exactly what you want at this point in the season. They have some really solid ground work to base off now.

I thought Hunt was good with his limited time too. Ran through a hole and put Thaiday away for the no try to Hodges.

Overall, happy.

broncos70

Juniors
we should've scored 20 times on the left hand side. Mccullough goes to wallace too often on the last, and we kick everytime. Does Norman struggle to pass right to left because there were so many openings on that side and we got nothing.. our team is improving but that game last night sucked.

3. glenn
2. civo
1. reed

Snappy

Coach
Whilst it was a solid win, that was maybe the least entertaining game Ive ever attended. Broncos were never really troubled and never looked like losing. I was at the Northern end which saw the least action so that didnt help. Titans dropped ball killed the match.

Titanic

First Grade
Sorry boys for our inept first half performance last night ... next time we'll come back with a coach that has at least a modicum of an idea of what is required to get a team up for this level :-( ... I thought Norman looked very good too.

beads6

First Grade
Sorry boys for our inept first half performance last night ... next time we'll come back with a coach that has at least a modicum of an idea of what is required to get a team up for this level :-( ... I thought Norman looked very good too.

Is Cartwright even under the pump? Should be surely.

hellteam

First Grade
3. Glenn
2. Norman
1. Hannant

Next three games will be tough, we've had quite an easy run it seems lately.

We have Warriors away then Manly at home then Melbourne away....

Storm and Manly are still a level above us imo

Titanic

First Grade
He's been using the pump on himself for years ... nothing is more demoralising than the crap he's been feeding us.

Behold

Juniors
2. Glenn
1. Parker
1. Norman
1. Hoffman
1. Hannant

Wasn't very happy with last nights performance, I want to see Norman getting the ball more, at least he takes it to the line with the option of passing it. Wallace either passes or runs it, he can't seem to draw his man and then offload. I hope wallace gets picked for origin so Hook can see again how much better in attack the Hunt, Norman combination is. Wallace's long kicking game has always left a lot to be desired, the amount of time he finds the man on the full from a long kick is ridiculous. Norman has a bigger boot and should be given more (read, all) kicks inside our own half.

Also I don't like our scrum play that is a shovel to the blindside winger or centre who is running into the openside not even looking for a pass. I want to see some centre to centre passing off the scrum, if it is on one side of the field. In attack if Norman has the ball Hoffman should always be running his inside shoulder.

Pretty sick of Thaiday couldn't believe how many minutes he played last night, hopefully the bench will be used better when Te'o is back. I am liking the idea of Gillet or Te'o getting Thaiday's starting position and Thaiday becoming part of the the front row rotation. He just isn't skilful enough to be continually injecting himself into the back line like he does.

I remember reading at the end of last year that Hodges might need a week off every eight weeks to keep him fit, I wouldn't take him to NZ give Gagai a go either on the wing or in the centres next week. I thought Copley had his best game so far this season and I hope he keeps improving.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
3 Norman
2 Glenn
1 McCullough

Glad to see us get home comfortably but least impressive win. We played well enough with a couple of outside inside plays coming off but the Titans gave us the game in the first half. We haven't been pressured for awhile. Think we've only had to come from behind in a couple of games even though that raiders match was another one handed to us.

Last night Norman looked strong along with Glenn and Hoffman always hungry for the ball. McCullough was busy and Beale seems to be improving each match. Our forwards did a great job with Hannant and Civo missing out by a whisker getting onto the podium.

Onto the great long white cloud...

qld aussie

Juniors
3. Glenn
2. Norman
1. Parker

Good win butttt sick off boring 5 hit ups and kick and lets see what happens. Surely when we are in a oppositions half we dont need a f....n forward hitn the ball up especially on 4th f....n tackle. Also another trend again lets take Macca of for something to do he needs to play 80 mins repeat Petro 20 mins replace him Hannant
28mins replace him. Have we got a diary of what time they will be subbed?Both Mcquire and Gillett need more minutes.

broncos70

Juniors
If Macca put in a good 60 minute performance then he'd be given 80 mins, but he goes missing half the time. Hunt has played better at Hooker except for maybe 2-3 games this season. Hunt is warming the bench like cronk was at the storm. Can't wait until he gets a full time go at halfback, which is why I was upset when we signed Wallace for 3 years.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
2. Glenn
1. Parker
1. Norman
1. Hoffman
1. Hannant

Wasn't very happy with last nights performance, I want to see Norman getting the ball more, at least he takes it to the line with the option of passing it. Wallace either passes or runs it, he can't seem to draw his man and then offload. I hope wallace gets picked for origin so Hook can see again how much better in attack the Hunt, Norman combination is. Wallace's long kicking game has always left a lot to be desired, the amount of time he finds the man on the full from a long kick is ridiculous. Norman has a bigger boot and should be given more (read, all) kicks inside our own half.

Pretty sick of Thaiday couldn't believe how many minutes he played last night, hopefully the bench will be used better when Te'o is back. I am liking the idea of Gillet or Te'o getting Thaiday's starting position and Thaiday becoming part of the the front row rotation. He just isn't skilful enough to be continually injecting himself into the back line like he does.

I remember reading at the end of last year that Hodges might need a week off every eight weeks to keep him fit, I wouldn't take him to NZ give Gagai a go either on the wing or in the centres next week. I thought Copley had his best game so far this season and I hope he keeps improving.

Bloody hell cheer up mate. Wallace is in career best form probably, and was a potential Origin contender until he got injured, hes been playing better than he ever has for the Broncos and just doing the job that he needs to do. His short kicking game is a lot better than Norman's thats why Norman tends to take more of the long ones and Wallace takes the short ones.

Thaiday is one of the best backrowers in the game and most importantly HE IS THE CAPTAIN!!!!!! He should be playing 80 Minutes as Captain. The bench is still one of the strongest Benches in the League without Teo.

Its crazy to think of dropping Hodges, for Gagai against the Warriors who have massive outside backs who would trample over an inexperienced Gagai. We need Hodges playing every week when fit.

I think the lesson from this is if its not broken, don't fix it.

Cheer up buddy, its been a good start and no need to change anything.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
3 - Glenn
2 - Norman
1 - Hoffman

Not the most polished performance of the season but still got the win comfortably. Glenn was terrific, just a typical hardworking Glenn performance with a few tries to make it even better, his leadership at such a young age is unbelievable and around Origin time i expect to see him as the captain a few times.

Norman improves with every game, love how he takes the line on, not afraid of being tackled which is always good in a 5/8, he looks pretty big and strong as well which is always handy, one thing i'd like to see him do a bit more is to carry the ball in two hands when taking the line on as if looking for the pass more. I'm sure he will develop this more as he gets more experience though.

Hoffman, good support play and good performance. I'm always nervous when he charges back kick returns as he often seems to get up shaking his head and wincing, but hes a tough fella and one of the best fullbacks going around, the Broncos are very lucky that he came good when he did.

Overall pleased with the win.

Latest posts