What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Tigers

tripster

Juniors
I wouldn’t be surprised if there is also a correlation between fitness and injuries. With fitter players being less likely to get injured for a range of reasons.

unKwn

Juniors
Given the significant injury toll and likely suspensions arising from yesterday's defeat to Canberra, Jarome Luai, Hame Sele, Kaide Ellis and Tyrell Fuimaono have been withdrawn from the side.

All four players are likely to be selected in the Panthers NRL squad to travel to Brisbane on Thursday.

TheFrog

Coach
someone was telling me about how shit the attitude is of some of the players, they go mucking around like idiots. it finally came back to bite some of them (may, phillips, coleman)

i guess that’s why they hated hook so much
The stuff that's got May in strife, and also involved Phillips and Coleman, goes back to February last year, which was in Hook's time. It's not like the coach can put a tracker on them during the off season anyway. They are responsible for themselves.

TheFrog

Coach
Given the significant injury toll and likely suspensions arising from yesterday's defeat to Canberra, Jarome Luai, Hame Sele, Kaide Ellis and Tyrell Fuimaono have been withdrawn from the side.

All four players are likely to be selected in the Panthers NRL squad to travel to Brisbane on Thursday.
Maloney 2 charges, 75 points each, 1 week.
Martin the dangerous throw, 112 points plus 35 carry over. He's had another similar recently. I week.

The Maloney armbar on Bateman looked pretty ordinary. The dangerous throw looked almost accidental but they'll have to wear it.

TheFrog

Coach
That ‘bad’ one today was knocked out of his arms and was at least 6 again or a penalty. He has aggression in attack and defence and probably deserves a starting spot.
They always call those a loose carry.

mxlegend99

Referee
I wouldn’t be surprised if there is also a correlation between fitness and injuries. With fitter players being less likely to get injured for a range of reasons.
I dunno. It's not like we have remained injury free the past 3 seasons.

Edwards did his shoulder last year.
Mansour has done his ACL and had a busted face in the past few seasons.
Whare has done his ACL and had numerous hammy issues
Blake has been injured a few games each season
DWZ has been injured a few games each season
Maloney was playing busted last year
Cleary had his leg injury last year
RCG broke his jaw last year under Hook and again under Ivan
Kikau has suffered with leg injuries this year and last

Yeo has seemed pretty durable through his career and has suffered this year, but his injury was also supposedly one he has carried for a year now also.

Honestly can't recall our last season where we didn't pickup more than our share of injuries.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep that and curfew's Hook put on them was the issues
It really didn't seem to stop them though... and if it did I would hate to imagine how much shit would have happened otherwise.

Tyrone May, Philips etc. all made those videos last year while he was coach. Although that seems to be an NRL wide thing that players at all clubs do and we just got targeted for some reason with videos being released publicly.

Panfa

Juniors
Halftime in canterbury cup mounties 16 lead penrith 12 tries to tuisese and burns hes having a good season burns

mxlegend99

Referee
Halftime in canterbury cup mounties 16 lead penrith 12 tries to tuisese and burns hes having a good season burns
We withdrew Hame Sele, Tyrell Fuimaono, Jarome Luai and Kaide Ellis.

All but guarantees they're going to brisbane on Thursday. Surprised Dylan Edwards was not on that list. He must really be on the outer with Ivan. Or we are hoping he gets injured and we can more easily get an allowance to pick Too.

mxlegend99

Referee
Fulltime in Canterbury cup a under strength penrith have beaten top of the table mounties 30-22 wow.
Pretty remarkable result considering how many last minute changes we had to an already depleted side.

Mostly due to the quality of the team we beat. Great effort by the cup side.

Abacus

Juniors
I think the club should be challenging Martin's charge. I can't see where he in anyway performed a "Dangerous Throw" on Hodgson. It was Maloney's hip toss that caused the problem.

franklin2323

Immortal
Pretty remarkable result considering how many last minute changes we had to an already depleted side.

Mostly due to the quality of the team we beat. Great effort by the cup side.

St Marys have a gun team in Massey Cup. Helps to have good depth

Panfa

Juniors
Just watched a youtube video on a young st marys winger/fullback called allan fitzgibbon he played wing for penrith in canterbury cup very impressive 8min highlights reel has great speed is exactly what we need in 1st grade.

Latest posts