What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Storm

dungay dragon

Juniors
Would be as big an upset as when Dragons beat Bronco's in the first semi final in 2018, that day the players ignored the Coach and threw the ball around and were committed in defense, while there is life there is hope
Surely the Burgess selection is a bodgey .. Taken off with hip injury last week , and was only a passenger prior with tissue paper defence ..
Thinking we are unable to use Hunt or M Molo till after round 11 , otherwise would love to see either get their chance . Please no Kerr ...liability

Ok we have won three on the trot. Great for the morale but these were not wins built so much on our out and out ability but more on a scrambling, never say die attitude, plus luck. Our attack is still floundering because of our lack of creativity, minus Mbye, in the spine. Our forwards are playing their part but the big boppers, bar Aaron Woods need to create more second phase play. We have the fifth worst off load record in the comp.

Last edited:
I rant often about our lack of creativity. The buck has to stop with our skipper and supposed chief playmaker.
He has a good long kicking game, but I'd also like to see more of his short kicks .. specially chips to turn round defenses. While his general ball skills are moderate he looks good when he runs to the line. To me he is a hooker tho while his one on one defense is improving he still misses far too many tackles. He will be embarrassed when he looks at the tackles missed stats for the comp..

qld redvee

Juniors
I dont see the Storm failing to exploit our lack of creativity in the spine and our poor marker defense. Bellamy is too good a coach to miss an obvious trick like that. I reckon if we can stay within 15 points of them we have done a good job.
baggy,
i would be happy to be within 15 but more importantly Id like to score a couple of tries against them ( not in the last 10 ) be nice to put around 18 on them BUT we just have to keep turning up for the full 80 and not give up

justadragon

Bench
Crush, agree with what you say but Id be bringing sloan back in next week just in case storm hit top gear that could dent his confidence big time . Id consider mbye at 6 with bud at 14 - swap macca for mbye / bud in at 6 more radical bud at 6 mbye at hooker macca out injured .... Lets just try to get through sunday and then throw in some changes with an attacking 5/8 bird to 2nd row and sloan at fullback
Agree with most of it Qld Redvee, i think these days its hard to predict if a team will get a thrashing off one of the non elite team, my thoughts are Sloan would benefit more playing against one of the top sides and learn his trade and see what Papenhausen plays like and how he positions himself. that is also to say that he can apply his attacking and defensive skills against a team like melbourne and see how far he has progressed. i put this to you how would his confidence be if he could match it with the big end of town where no one expects us to do anything, or get beaten by a lesser like team that we were expected to win. yes we do play the titans a week after , they also gave us a touch up last year

justadragon

Bench
Surely the Burgess selection is a bodgey .. Taken off with hip injury last week , and was only a passenger prior with tissue paper defence ..
Thinking we are unable to use Hunt or M Molo till after round 11 , otherwise would love to see either get their chance . Please no Kerr ...liability
agree with you about hunt and molo, but kerr would be the better option to burgess, then again there is alvaro.

Dragon David

First Grade
Oh great, its old mate Peter Gough as referee this weekend.

The same ref who managed to send off Fui and sin bin McGuire during Magic round last year.

Can't wait for Sundays game :(
It amazes me that Gough is the ref. The balance of advantage now weighs heavily towards the Storm. Too bad we didn't get Cummins, but then, they are generally much of a muchness. I only hope that Gough gives us plenty of the rub of the green because we will need it.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree with most of it Qld Redvee, i think these days its hard to predict if a team will get a thrashing off one of the non elite team, my thoughts are Sloan would benefit more playing against one of the top sides and learn his trade and see what Papenhausen plays like and how he positions himself. that is also to say that he can apply his attacking and defensive skills against a team like melbourne and see how far he has progressed. i put this to you how would his confidence be if he could match it with the big end of town where no one expects us to do anything, or get beaten by a lesser like team that we were expected to win. yes we do play the titans a week after , they also gave us a touch up last year
All of the "lesser" clubs will give us a good run for their money. Every one of them will be hard to beat. The Titans did beat us convincingly last year (32-10 at our home ground) during our losing run of 8 losses after the Warriors win, then BBQ gate.

I'm hoping that in all of the next games to the final match, we put in a good effort. That's all we can do. But while we are in a winning mode (albeit just winning), Hook will keep persevering with the team as is. I really cannot see Hook bringing in Sloan into the starting team for the sake of him getting experience etc. I just wonder if he sees any of our young guns as his answer to us being a great team and winning the games with ease FOR HIM?

qld redvee

Juniors
justa,
wouldnt want to see sloan at fullback if we were giving a "hiding" by melbourne where they were unstoppable and left sloan high and dry.. in defence . would be convenient to say he didnt call the defence so back to reserves for you which would affect his 'mental toughness' i would like to try and somehow do a brick wall defence this week and have sloan then come in against somewhat lesser opposition where we maybe adapt a game plan to include sloan in attack .. .

justadragon

Bench
justa,
wouldnt want to see sloan at fullback if we were giving a "hiding" by melbourne where they were unstoppable and left sloan high and dry.. in defence . would be convenient to say he didnt call the defence so back to reserves for you which would affect his 'mental toughness' i would like to try and somehow do a brick wall defence this week and have sloan then come in against somewhat lesser opposition where we maybe adapt a game plan to include sloan in attack .. .
fully get your point QRV, and it makes sense but as Dave just pointed out we cant see sloan coming into it anytime soon, and look i watched a bit of him in ressies last game, he was killing it but it was also hard to judge what he was and wasnt doing correct because it all looked good, they were flogging the magpies, i mean he cant keep getting ignored, but i suppose us as fans who are suffering with the dragons current attacking plays would rather see him in there sooner rather than later but unfortunately the coach has other plans.

Dragons4me

Juniors
fully get your point QRV, and it makes sense but as Dave just pointed out we cant see sloan coming into it anytime soon, and look i watched a bit of him in ressies last game, he was killing it but it was also hard to judge what he was and wasnt doing correct because it all looked good, they were flogging the magpies, i mean he cant keep getting ignored, but i suppose us as fans who are suffering with the dragons current attacking plays would rather see him in there sooner rather than later but unfortunately the coach has other plans.

I'm hoping we see Sullivan replace Hunt when he's called up for Origin this year. This will be a good opportunity to see Sloan, Amone and Sullivan together in the top grade.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm hoping we see Sullivan replace Hunt when he's called up for Origin this year. This will be a good opportunity to see Sloan, Amone and Sullivan together in the top grade.
Let's hope this happens. In the meantime, we do not have to face that Kamekaze guy as he has copped a 9 match ban and fined for an incident last year involving a member of the public.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
justa,
Spot on. I remember the game against the sharks. A lot of people were calling for his head back then. No need to throw him in the deep end if he’s not ready for it

2010Dragons

Bench
Referee Peter Gough is the same reactionary incompetent referee last year at magic round who sent off two off our players. Well guess what we have the same idiot again this game.
Gough loves the lime light and has made too many controversially calls in his other games since that infamous magic round.
We are not going win any games under this hometown bias easily influenced incompetent referee.
Few of our forwards might as well book a room at Long Bay Jail today.

randomdragon

Juniors
Any of you jerks heading down to Melbourne for the game, pre meetup in the beer garden of the precinct hotel Richmond - it’s the closest pub to the venue
Do you really think after all the shit talking you do on this forum anyone would want to see you, let alone have a beer with you? Can’t think of many on this forum that would like to see you.

blacksafake

First Grade
Oh great, its old mate Peter Gough as referee this weekend.

The same ref who managed to send off Fui and sin bin McGuire during Magic round last year.

Can't wait for Sundays game :(
He also slaughtered us against Parra when we knocked them off at Parra stadium with no six agains at a time when they were awarding them Willy Nilly.🤬