What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Storm

This Year?

Immortal
I dream of the day we beat the purple filth in their backyard for the 1st time in over 2 decades. I hope this bunch can make it happen next Sunday!

200.gif

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Occasionally over the years, fears of a thrashing have brought out the best in the Dragons. Additionally even the best teams find it hard to consistently thrash opponents. I have not watched either of their last two wins but I am assuming that a lot must have gone their way to register so many points.

For our team there seem to be some selection headaches. Burgess is one of the new boys yet to show any value. Even if he recovers from his injury does he deserve another game? Will Bird play - it seems likely. In that case where will he play? Junior seemed to have a better game. If Bird is picked at 5/8 what happens to Amone? Back to the bench - what happens to Sullivan who played an important part in yesterday's victory? Or does Bird push Tariq back to the bench?

Mbye didn't show much vs the Eels but has got better and better with every game since. Meanwhile Tyrell Sloan had a field day in NSW Cup yesterday displaying the spark and speed that appeared missing in the NRL win.

Against the Storm, do we stick with the conservative options that have got us better defence and some tight wins? Bird 5/8, Mbye FB and Amone on the bench, Bud back to NSW Cup? Then make some more adventurous changes - Bird to edge, Mybe 5/8, Sloan FB, Sullivan bench, Amone to NSW Cup. That would be tough on Junior though giving him some time to work on his game.

justadragon

Bench
realistically what are we expecting, all i want is a good never give up effort, but I want to see something different in this game, we have nothing to lose. Taking a close look at the storm they have so much attack that you can see we will be defending most of the game and when we do finally get the ball, we will be gassed and they wont even blow a candle out defending us. So my theory is lets fight fire with fire, lets go all out attack and get the storm moving around and defending in an unstructured defensive pattern, and we need to do this from the start of the game. Give the young boys a go in the halves, bring Sloan back into it, hunt at 9 and Mbye back at 14 or maybe swap him and Amone. Like who cares, as was mentioned above we are $9 to win, and you call that an even contest. Yep get the young forwards in there, switch the whole thing around, who cares. Of course this is my insanity coming to the fore, it wont happen but gee I would like to see something different. Anyway I will still cheer them on regardless and go wow we only got beaten by 30, thats great.

justadragon

Bench
Occasionally over the years, fears of a thrashing have brought out the best in the Dragons. Additionally even the best teams find it hard to consistently thrash opponents. I have not watched either of their last two wins but I am assuming that a lot must have gone their way to register so many points.

For our team there seem to be some selection headaches. Burgess is one of the new boys yet to show any value. Even if he recovers from his injury does he deserve another game? Will Bird play - it seems likely. In that case where will he play? Junior seemed to have a better game. If Bird is picked at 5/8 what happens to Amone? Back to the bench - what happens to Sullivan who played an important part in yesterday's victory? Or does Bird push Tariq back to the bench?

Mbye didn't show much vs the Eels but has got better and better with every game since. Meanwhile Tyrell Sloan had a field day in NSW Cup yesterday displaying the spark and speed that appeared missing in the NRL win.

Against the Storm, do we stick with the conservative options that have got us better defence and some tight wins? Bird 5/8, Mbye FB and Amone on the bench, Bud back to NSW Cup? Then make some more adventurous changes - Bird to edge, Mybe 5/8, Sloan FB, Sullivan bench, Amone to NSW Cup. That would be tough on Junior though giving him some time to work on his game.
good post mate

Dragon David

First Grade
realistically what are we expecting, all i want is a good never give up effort, but I want to see something different in this game, we have nothing to lose. Taking a close look at the storm they have so much attack that you can see we will be defending most of the game and when we do finally get the ball, we will be gassed and they wont even blow a candle out defending us. So my theory is lets fight fire with fire, lets go all out attack and get the storm moving around and defending in an unstructured defensive pattern, and we need to do this from the start of the game. Give the young boys a go in the halves, bring Sloan back into it, hunt at 9 and Mbye back at 14 or maybe swap him and Amone. Like who cares, as was mentioned above we are $9 to win, and you call that an even contest. Yep get the young forwards in there, switch the whole thing around, who cares. Of course this is my insanity coming to the fore, it wont happen but gee I would like to see something different. Anyway I will still cheer them on regardless and go wow we only got beaten by 30, thats great.
Realistically we beat the Warriors 28 -16, the Storm beat them 70-10. Realistically we beat the Knights 21-16, the Storm beat them 50 - 2. Realistically the Storm have all positions covered.

The only chance we have is that our boys play it as tough as hell for the whole of the 80 minutes with NO mistakes/errors whatsoever and our defence and completion rates are 100% and our attack is 100%. Is this mission impossible? I'd say so but play with plenty of pride, lets not get thrashed and play to the best of our ability is all I can ask.

justadragon

Bench
Realistically we beat the Warriors 28 -16, the Storm beat them 70-10. Realistically we beat the Knights 21-16, the Storm beat them 50 - 2. Realistically the Storm have all positions covered.

The only chance we have is that our boys play it as tough as hell for the whole of the 80 minutes with NO mistakes/errors whatsoever and our defence and completion rates are 100% and our attack is 100%. Is this mission impossible? I'd say so but play with plenty of pride, lets not get thrashed and play to the best of our ability is all I can ask.
Well said Dave, you are also forgetting the penalty counts, the six agains and the bunker calls,