What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Storm

If there is ever a game where I think we actually need Josh Kerr or Jayden Hunt to play instead of Burgess it’s this game.
I feel we need a bit of younger energy in the middle third to compete with Melbourne.
Would also take the gamble in this game and play Mybe at hooker with Sullivan on the bench to come on around 25 minutes in. Sloan to fullback and let’s play fast and throw it around with offloads.
nothing to lose and might just unsettle the storm who are hopefully thinking about the Panthers next weekend.

Dragon David

First Grade
If there is ever a game where I think we actually need Josh Kerr or Jayden Hunt to play instead of Burgess it’s this game.
I feel we need a bit of younger energy in the middle third to compete with Melbourne.
Would also take the gamble in this game and play Mybe at hooker with Sullivan on the bench to come on around 25 minutes in. Sloan to fullback and let’s play fast and throw it around with offloads.
nothing to lose and might just unsettle the storm who are hopefully thinking about the Panthers next weekend.
We need a bloody good game plan to snuff out their attack and break their defence line all afternoon. Will we have it? Maybe! Hook will take care of it - hehe!

Gippsy

Bench
We need to be better in defence, especially the first contact. Storm's game revolves around quick play the balls and we can't afford to have our tacklers still on the ground while they play it. Grant will have a field day and then he'll let Papenhuyzen, Munster, Hughes etc run amok.

Defence needs to be far better than last game or we'll get slaughtered.

smi962

First Grade
You'd think we have to be at our best and the Storm off their game for it to be close but, funnily enough, we got closer to the Panthers than anyone else so far this year, so who knows.
They were poor in the first half and attrocious in the second half of that game. We really should have won it cause we relatively poor also.

mickeylane

Bench
I really think we need to be playing a disruptive style of football meaning:
- kicking early in the count if we are deep in our quarter,
- on the 5th tackle if we are not in their quarter kicking the ball over the touchline instead of long so play stops and we get our defence set up...
- Also if we are in their quarter kick in goal instead of bombing so we can get another set .
- In defence we should be more compact around the ruck and offering the Storm to attack the touchline so we are it seems to be our strength our out wide scramble so i cant see why we cant suck them in to attack wide instead of attacking us through the middle where we are normally weak around the ruck and Smith, Munster and Papenhuyzen are almost unstopable.

I honestly think some of these plays would give us some sort of chance of keeping the score aginst us under 30...

be55

Juniors
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has named an abridged 19-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 9 clash against the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park on Sunday, May 8 (2pm).

Jack Bird (arm) has been named to return at five-eighth. Talatau Amone reverts to the interchange with Jayden Sullivan dropping back to 18th man.

George Burgess is out. Aaron Woods and Jack Gosiewski have been promoted to the front row and interchange respectively.

Burgess joins Jackson Ford, Josh Kerr, Tautau Moga and Tyrell Sloan as the players to drop out of Tuesday's initial 24-man squad.

The Dragons and Storm will once again play for the Emergency Services Cup, in recognition of the emergency services personnel who dedicate themselves to protecting both the New South Wales and Victorian people.

The Dragons will be shooting for four-straight wins against the Storm, following their 12-6 Members Appreciation Round victory over the Wests Tigers last Sunday.

NRL squad for Round 9 v Melbourne Storm –​

1. Moses Mbye – sponsored by EFEX
2. Mat Feagai – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Moses Suli – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Jack Bird – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Belle Property
8. Francis Molo – sponsored by Deicorp
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by St George Food Distributors
16. Aaron Woods – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
11. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Josh McGuire – sponsored by Shire Steel and Fabrication
13. Jack de Belin – sponsored by TripADeal

Interchange:
14. Talatau Amone – sponsored by DEMOCO
15. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Jamesons Strata Management
17. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
20. Jack Gosiewski – sponsored by Gym Solutions
18. Jayden Sullivan
19. Cody Ramsey

Unavailable for selection –​

Billy Burns (foot) – indefinite
Max Feagai (ankle/leg) – indefinite
Jaydn Su'A (ankle) – indefinite

Crush

Coach
Is this the oldest, slowest team ever assembled? That forward pack is going to get creamed through the middle. McCulloch, Woods, surely we can do better?
Mbye at fullback too is killing me, he’s actually not playing all that well, people say he is, but he isn’t. Get Sloan in, get Sullivan in, move Mbye to 14, move Bird to backrow, move Sims or McGuire to prop, send Woods back to reserve grade or to a media role.

redv13

Bench
Is this the oldest, slowest team ever assembled? That forward pack is going to get creamed through the middle. McCulloch, Woods, surely we can do better?
Mbye at fullback too is killing me, he’s actually not playing all that well, people say he is, but he isn’t. Get Sloan in, get Sullivan in, move Mbye to 14, move Bird to backrow, move Sims or McGuire to prop, send Woods back to reserve grade or to a media role.
Probably next week mate vs the titans. Perfect time to put Sloan back into 1st grade over the next month

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I would expect a few more changes before kick off. With only 1 prop on the bench as it stands, I assume either Jetski or Fui become the 18th man.

IMO,
Bird will play edge
McGuire to bench
Amone to 5/8
Bud to 14.

1. Mbye
2. Feagai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
14. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Molo
9. Macca
10. Woods
11. Sims
6. Bird
13. Debelin

18. Sullivan
15. Lawrie
12. McGuire
17. Fuimaono

Alternatively. Moose could go to Lock with JDB pushing back to the bench, with all other changes.