What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9: Wests Tigers v St.George Illawarra BITCH FEST: Pre Game

Nook

Bench
Will be an ordinary crowd.

Geez that 2005 semi was a great game, wasn't it boys? We copped it so hard from the Saints fans on the way in...

phonetic

Juniors
super_coach said:
Jason Ryles MOM---He usually gets the tigers MOM in these clashes,with 10 miss tackles and 5 dumb dumb penalties and a sin bin for gobbing the ref.

One thing you can rely on his displine--or should I say of displine

You have obviously been observing a different Jason Ryles to me over the past couple of seasons..

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Nook said:
Will be an ordinary crowd.

Geez that 2005 semi was a great game, wasn't it boys? We copped it so hard from the Saints fans on the way in...

That semi was better than the grand final. Walking out of that game was the best feeling ever.

smeghead

Bench
Be mindfull of getting too confident. Arrogance bites you in the arse after a loss.

I was actually confident the last 2 weeks and made money on two bets for 13+ wins. This week has me worried

brooksy19

Bench
innsaneink said:
Farah??

M-O-M??

Stickin ur neck out eh? ;-)

Remember last year?

gibboscatchnw7.jpg

Yeah fair enough, he got him hook line & sinker last yeard didn't he.

Farah will dominate those big forwards though.

Estoboy

Juniors
Oh that game!

People sometimes forget that up until that game we had still been seen as the new kids on the block. We couldn't do it! Our success was good and nice, but we HAD to fail against the more deserving teams. And why wouldn't we? First it was against the Cowboys. Our great 8 week run showed that we had future promiss but the cowboys should have beaten us that night. They didn't. Then the Broncos should have, but they didn't. At least St George should have.

St George!

Here there were, arguably in their best form ever.
5 City Country Reps
5 NSW Reps
5 Australian Reps

and lets not forget how strong and powerful that club is, and their divine right to beat any team. On the night, St George would take their rightful place in the grand final against these kids, these no-names from a half-assed merger of two clubs that had long since seen their glory days.

And in the stands...

I still remember open up to page 2 of the paper and seeing the article about how the Dragons Army and WTF being seated next to eachother was a huge security mistake. And it was! The Dragons had 70% of the tickets and the few tigers fans were crammed into a couple of bays.

The abuse directed at Tigers fans on the Dragons forum that week was at a level that i never expected. They took every dig that they could at our club. From giving us the address of the Campbelltown St Vinnies (so that we could hand in our jerseys after we lost to the Dragons) right through to planning on throwing flares at the Tigers bays.

Gould: "Andrew Voss, whats the crowd doing now mate?"
Vossy: "Well the chants going up again, its the Tigers chant outdoing the Dragons one right now, i can tell you that!"

oh sweet victory

The odds were against us everywhere that night
But that night we changed
We changed from inbred merger failures on a winning streak into the club we are today.

Our finest hour

drake

First Grade
Best part of that game for me was the Westies saying "anyone wanna sell a grand foinal ticket..hahaha" then realising their dole cheques wouldn't cover two games of football in one fortnight.

At least some of the Bandwagoners could afford to go though... at least 10000 of them were there.

The Preacher

First Grade
Estoboy said:
Oh that game!

People sometimes forget that up until that game we had still been seen as the new kids on the block. We couldn't do it! Our success was good and nice, but we HAD to fail against the more deserving teams. And why wouldn't we? First it was against the Cowboys. Our great 8 week run showed that we had future promiss but the cowboys should have beaten us that night. They didn't. Then the Broncos should have, but they didn't. At least St George should have.

St George!

Here there were, arguably in their best form ever.
5 City Country Reps
5 NSW Reps
5 Australian Reps

and lets not forget how strong and powerful that club is, and their divine right to beat any team. On the night, St George would take their rightful place in the grand final against these kids, these no-names from a half-assed merger of two clubs that had long since seen their glory days.

And in the stands...

I still remember open up to page 2 of the paper and seeing the article about how the Dragons Army and WTF being seated next to eachother was a huge security mistake. And it was! The Dragons had 70% of the tickets and the few tigers fans were crammed into a couple of bays.

The abuse directed at Tigers fans on the Dragons forum that week was at a level that i never expected. They took every dig that they could at our club. From giving us the address of the Campbelltown St Vinnies (so that we could hand in our jerseys after we lost to the Dragons) right through to planning on throwing flares at the Tigers bays.

Gould: "Andrew Voss, whats the crowd doing now mate?"
Vossy: "Well the chants going up again, its the Tigers chant outdoing the Dragons one right now, i can tell you that!"

oh sweet victory

The odds were against us everywhere that night
But that night we changed
We changed from inbred merger failures on a winning streak into the club we are today.

Our finest hour

Go and wash your hands, and wash the inside of my computer screen while you're at it.

Disgusting jism everywhere !!!

Fancy whipping yourself like that on a public forum !!!!

colonel_123

Juniors
drake said:
Best part of that game for me was the Westies saying "anyone wanna sell a grand foinal ticket..hahaha" then realising their dole cheques wouldn't cover two games of football in one fortnight.

At least some of the Bandwagoners could afford to go though... at least 10000 of them were there.

Mate the bandwagoner insult hardly works anymore, given that the Dragons have struggled to attract more then 12000 to their games at Kograh this year, while Wests have attracted crowds of:

15 500 (in the pouring rain at Leichhardt), 17 500 at Campbelltown after losing the previous four games and 19 000 to a match in the Central Coast (the biggest crowd up there in years).

On top of Wests being the biggest drawing Sydney team in 2006 despite finishing down the bottom of the ladder.

Makes you wonder which team really has the bandwagon...

phonetic

Juniors
Jason Ryles or Bryce Gibbs.. it's not even a contest.

One is a proven state and test player who is consistantly up there with the best performed props in the game.

The other is a wannabe hardman who still wears O Meley's imprint.

phonetic said:

One is a proven state and test player who is consistantly up there with the best performed props in the game.

Well, he would if O'Meley hadn't dogged it all game whilst we slapped their arses a couple of weeks ago.

Ryles is our bitch at the moment. Every time he plays us he seems to have a shocker.

It's up to him to turn that around, no one else.

fulltime

Juniors
phonetic said:

one has a premiership ring.

one will never walk on in a grand final let alone win one.

phonetic

Juniors
Oh right, my bad. I guess being in the right team at the right time makes you the complete front rower.

So Gibbs stands tall over every other front rower in the game without a premiership? Ha.

phonetic said:
Oh right, my bad. I guess being in the right team at the right time makes you the complete front rower.

So Gibbs stands tall over every other front rower in the game without a premiership? Ha.

In the right team at the right time?

:lol:

FMD, you can say that about every prop who has won a premiership....

Be honest, would you happily swap Ryles' rep jerseys for a premiership ring?

Do you think he would?

phonetic

Juniors
You have underlined my point EA. You can say it about any GF winning prop, so where's the relevance?

On the inverse, consider great props who haven't yet, or didn't mange to lift the trophy in their career. It is just as pointless and reveals just as little about the qualities of a front rower.

As for swapping Rylesy's jerseys for 1 ring, I would of course. If you are suggesting I would consider swapping Ryles for Gibbs, not in a million years.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
phonetic said:

I don't rate Gibbs (although he has some potential) but Ryles is a soft nuffy.

Heres hoping for some nice penalties and ill-discipline - again.

Bumble

First Grade
Dragons fans are the worst, so this thread makes me smile.

Tigers by plenty, hopefully. I was at that game in 2005, atmosphere was the best I'd ever been at until the 16th of November that year superseded it...