What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9: Wests Tigers v St.George Illawarra BITCH FEST: Pre Game

phonetic

Juniors
No use banging my head against the wall.

I just wonder if people actually watch him week in, week out to form these overwhelming opinions of the big man. It's as if you have watched a few games from 2002 and have filed him under in the 'ill disciplined, soft, overated, grubby' file.

He played 80 minutes last week and didn't miss a tackle (made 29). But yes, he's a soft nuffy. I admit, his work rate in attack was below his usual standard, and he had a couple of moments with his hands, but one could perhaps forgive that on his first game back from injury.

His efforts before his shoulder injury were tremendous, albeit largely overlooked, and it was an effort to lift his team that saw him succumb to injury.

smeghead

Bench
Overall my one hope for the game will be a crowd like round 1 2006.

Of course I want the Tigers to win but overall a good atmosphere would be nice.

The beginnings of a rivalry have started to form over the last few years. Would be nice to continue it

aids

Bench
Ryles has improved a lot this year, morso considering i felt the loss of Bailiey would see him struggling for form.

phonetic said:
You have underlined my point EA. You can say it about any GF winning prop, so where's the relevance?

The relevance is that Gibbs has actually done it and Ryles hasn't. And he went through Ryles to do it.

phonetic said:
On the inverse, consider great props who haven't yet, or didn't mange to lift the trophy in their career. It is just as pointless and reveals just as little about the qualities of a front rower.

As for swapping Rylesy's jerseys for 1 ring, I would of course. If you are suggesting I would consider swapping Ryles for Gibbs, not in a million years.

I wouldn't swap Gibbs for Ryles either.

So we're even.

tiger_nick

Bench
I love when dragons fans called us band wagoners. You just have to look at their crowd figures now to see how fickle they really are. Under 10,000 to a Friday night game against a Sydney club after a few losses, pretty much sums them up. If the dragons went 15 years without a finals appearance (like balmain/wests tigers did) the club would die, no question. In fact, I’d say after 5 years of no finals. They would be averaging under 5000 for home games.

TIGERPies

Juniors
Lol me neither

Id much rather a young up and comer, future rep player, with a premiership ring, than Jason Cat Ryles

Tigers by plenty

Dragons_#1

Bench
TIGERPies said:
Lol me neither

Id much rather a young up and comer, future rep player, with a premiership ring, than Jason Cat Ryles

Tigers by plenty

This future rep player stuff it sh*t, are u a selector are u?? do u noe who will be in and who will be out of test n origin teams do u?? so every young kid who gets some raps is a futre rep player.... there plenty of them at the dragons!!

As if you wouldnt want a prop who has proved that he can play at the top level and continue to do so, over a up and comer!!!

Dragons by 18!!!

phonetic

Juniors
TIGERPies said:
Lol me neither

Tigers by plenty

The queue is long in front of him, don't hold your breath.

EA, it is relevant to where you want the arguement to go, and that's all.

gregstar

Referee
i'm glad *spoiler* was attached to this thread.

i thought the score was gonna pop up at any moment.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Bumble said:
Dragons fans are the worst, so this thread makes me smile.

Tigers by plenty, hopefully. I was at that game in 2005, atmosphere was the best I'd ever been at until the 16th of November that year superseded it...
Aloisi!!!

Hutty1986

Immortal
Why have nuffy Souths fans hijacked this thread?

It's just proving tall poppy syndrome is aliveand well

Pathetic pieces of sh*t

Tom Shines

First Grade
Tall Poppy Syndrome? That suggests that the Dragons are actually big enough to be cut down...
And they're not.

aids

Bench
gregstar said:
i'm glad *spoiler* was attached to this thread.

i thought the score was gonna pop up at any moment.

i was just hoping that no one was going to post that Tighe, Tyrol, Anders and Tory were all Cylons.

Hutty1986

Immortal
TIGERPies said:
yeah tall poppies like to dump sh*t on the dragqueers

What would your team know about being a tall poppy?

Did you even make the 8 last year? Hmmm :lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Wheelsy said:
Tall Poppy Syndrome? That suggests that the Dragons are actually big enough to be cut down...
And they're not.

One of the most famous team in the comp actually, but hey you follow the Bunnies, reality is something you prefer to ignore after the two decades you've had :lol:

Were you even alive the last time they made the finals??

Tom Shines

First Grade
Hutty1986 said:
One of the most famous team in the comp actually...
Behind South Sydney?

Hutty1986 said:
...Reality is something you prefer to ignore after the two decades you've had :lol:
What? We've been sh*t.

Hutty1986 said:
Were you even alive the last time they made the finals??
Yes. Were you even alive the last time St. George Illawarra won the competition?

Hutty1986

Immortal
Wheelsy said:
Behind South Sydney?

What? We've been sh*t.

Yes. Were you even alive the last time St. George Illawarra won the competition?

Ahh yes South Sydney! The club that had hundreds of thousands of fans marching and protesting to get them back in the league... then averaged about 2k a home game... Quite incredible

Hutty1986

Immortal
Tigers fans.. can't enter any argument without bringing up a bradbury premiership from 2 years ago