What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9: Wests Tigers v St.George Illawarra BITCH FEST: Pre Game

Tom Shines

First Grade
Hutty1986 said:
Tigers fans.. can't enter any argument without bringing up a bradbury premiership from 2 years ago
Bradbury Premiership? They beat your mob.
How can any team winning four games in a row to win a grand final be called a fluke?

tiger_nick

Bench
Hutty1986 said:
Tigers fans.. can't enter any argument without bringing up a bradbury premiership from 2 years ago

:lol:

Halatau from dummy half, beats one, beats two, beats three, OH THEY WON'T STOP HALATAU!

So who are you going to support next year when Saints don't make the finals?

tiger_nick

Bench
Wheelsy said:
Bradbury Premiership? They beat your mob.
How can any team winning four games in a row to win a grand final be called a fluke?

and have the greatest for and against for a finals series in NRL/ARL/NSWRL history

Nook

Bench
Hutty, I think I posted on this tread before you chumpion?

Who has mentioned the premiership? I've seen lots of stuff about the 2005 semi-finals...

In all seriousness, were you there? Geez it was a great day. Fantastic atmosphere, just electric. Great game of footy too. Don't you reckon?

Hutty1986

Immortal
tiger_nick said:
:lol:

Halatau from dummy half, beats one, beats two, beats three, OH THEY WON'T STOP HALATAU!

So who are you going to support next year when Saints don't make the finals?

Who will you support this year when the Tigers miss the finals again?
Who will be the "messiah" when Marshall eventually retires with his glass shoulders ;-)

All very interesting questions

Hutty1986

Immortal
Nook said:
Hutty, I think I posted on this tread before you chumpion?

Who has mentioned the premiership? I've seen lots of stuff about the 2005 semi-finals...

In all seriousness, were you there? Geez it was a great day. Fantastic atmosphere, just electric. Great game of footy too. Don't you reckon?

If you call the Saints playing at about 20% of their potential a "great game of footy" then I'd understand it coming from you :crazy:

But hey, too good on the day

forwardpass

Juniors
Marshall's a terrific talent, but gee he's injury prone.

You Tiges fans must worry every time he plays (rarely).

Nook

Bench
If you call the Saints playing at about 20% of their potential a "great game of footy" then I'd understand it coming from you

I think Saints played pretty well, just not well enough. The Tigers didn't play to full potential either but we got there in the end.

But wow, what an awesome night for a football fan.

But hey, too good on the day

And too good in the last game we played against you guys before that match, and the next game we played against you guys afterwards. I guess we fluked it, eh?

Nook

Bench
Marshall's a terrific talent, but gee he's injury prone.

Yeah, well spotted.

You Tiges fans must worry every time he plays (rarely).

Yeah, I do these days. I wasn't really that worried in 2005 though, because he was on a roll and nothing was going to stop him. I knew from the time that he burnt Gasnier on the outside about 3 mins into the semi that the kid was going to have a special few weeks....

Hutty1986

Immortal
Nook said:
I think Saints played pretty well, just not well enough. The Tigers didn't play to full potential either but we got there in the end.

But wow, what an awesome night for a football fan.

And too good in the last game we played against you guys before that match, and the next game we played against you guys afterwards. I guess we fluked it, eh?

What about the most recent match? I daresay it holds more significance than matches that are over 12 months old...

Nook

Bench
What about the most recent match? I daresay it holds more significance than matches that are over 12 months old...

To be honest, I can't remember what happened in the most recent match. But if you think a regular season game holds more significance than a semi final then you're probably...a Saints fan.

Hang on, it is all coming back to me now. Gasnier scored his usual 3 or 4 tries against us at Oki yeah? (he does that in all his games against us, except for the ones that count). I recall Shane Elford doing his best impersonation of my grandmother in defence. Can't hold it against him though; Elf did a great job in the 2005 finals (and we didn't hear a whimper out of the big tough St George heros).

forwardpass

Juniors
Nook said:
Yeah, well spotted.

Yeah, I do these days. I wasn't really that worried in 2005 though, because he was on a roll and nothing was going to stop him. I knew from the time that he burnt Gasnier on the outside about 3 mins into the semi that the kid was going to have a special few weeks....

I hope for you guys sake he realises his talent...so many players you see have a great one or two seasons and thats it. Marshall is a player I genuinely like to watch... as long as he doesn't burn us ;-)

Hutty1986

Immortal
I think that's where we actually can agree Nook... thatgame was tailormade for Gasnier to put his team into the GF against a side he traditionally carves up.

That's the problem-too often the big players in the Dragons haven't stood up when it matters most... though last year was a step up

tiger_nick

Bench
Hutty1986 said:
Who will you support this year when the Tigers miss the finals again?
Who will be the "messiah" when Marshall eventually retires with his glass shoulders ;-)

All very interesting questions

I stuck by my team depsite seeing them miss the finals from 1991-2004, which is exactly my point. Saints fans wouldnt, they have the lowest crowd attendances in the league after being so strong for so long. You won't average 7000 next year if you miss the finals this year and struggle next.

As for our messiah, well upon watching us domainate the previous undefeated storm with while missing Hodgson and Marshall ill say: Collis, Whatiura, Lawerance, Galea, T'eo, Fulton and some guy you might have heard of called FARAH

all very interesting points;-)

30-0

Bumble

First Grade
Hutty1986 said:
Why have nuffy Souths fans hijacked this thread?

It's just proving tall poppy syndrome is aliveand well

Pathetic pieces of sh*t

2 Souths fans giving 1 post each, out of 50...and that's 'hijacking the thread'. :lol::lol:

You really are one of the biggest wastes of space on this forum Hutty.

Hutty1986

Immortal
tiger_nick said:
I stuck by my team depsite seeing them miss the finals from 1991-2004, which is exactly my point. Saints fans wouldnt, they have the lowest crowd attendances in the league after being so strong for so long. You won't average 7000 next year if you miss the finals this year and struggle next.

As for our messiah, well upon watching us domainate the previous undefeated storm with while missing Hodgson and Marshall ill say: Collis, Whatiura, Lawerance, Galea, T'eo, Fulton and some guy you might have heard of called FARAH

all very interesting points;-)

30-0

That's f*cking rubbish. Absolutely ridiculous to say that all Saints fans wouldn't stay loyal. There may be a decrease in they keep playing so poorly this year and into next, but unfortunately that's the way it is for most teams in the NRL.

You have no idea whatsoever :roll: