What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round One v Melbourne

Iamback

Coach
Ivan was surely just giving Huth and Peach a nice little career moment in England.

Unless you are playing Peach as a hooker as well. You are better off with a centre who is big enough to play backrow in that role.

That allows you to run a hooker/half and 2 middles on the bench

Hooked

Juniors
He is the sort of player who is safe without being flashy.

Turuva only play 66 mins
Leota 38mins - normally 50 mins
Garner 59 mins - spot on for that edge forw

Bench played

Peachey 14 - Turuva doesn't get hurt. Maybe he doesn't get on

Smith - 47 . That is about his number

Henry - 16
Eisenhuth - 27

Those guys for those minutes aren't suitable for that role

Leota rarely plays 50 minutes. Averaged 41 last year. Has occasional games in the high 40's but they are rare.

Bench was crap though. I am never a fan of 3 middles on the bench.

I think we missed a trick not playing Schneider.

Hooked

Juniors
He done nothing this morning, sorrenson is fit we win, luai is fit we win, schnider plays instead of cole, we win, lauire instead of peach, we win, basically we are relying on average run of the mill players to fill our gaps...
Sorry im just dirty on the whole event, but in reality Ivan does know best, and I'm humbly knowing he is giving the young guys a run without cost us premiership points, so im ok knowing he has planned this out

Crichton plays we win.

Iamback

Coach
Leota rarely plays 50 minutes. Averaged 41 last year. Has occasional games in the high 40's but they are rare.

Bench was crap though. I am never a fan of 3 middles on the bench.

I think we missed a trick not playing Schneider.

I will concede that. Sorro probably takes the 60 mins Garner played

Kenny
Martin
Yeo

Still play 80, you are only looking for maybe 30 mins between 2 guys

Iamback

Coach
I thought he did well given the speed of the ruck; poked his nose through a number of times which could have led to breaks in a more open game.

He has moved in and out of the halves so lost that instinct maybe but he should of been taking over instead of Fish running it on the last

Iamback

Coach
Surely we can’t pick Eiso or Peachey. Not saying the aren’t good players, but we have better.

Not sure we do yet. We will have but NSW Cup have been very ordinary the last 2 weeks. Sorro back helps push out Eiso and I think we need halves coverage in a 14.

So it likely happens but we are a month or so away before the guys under will get the call up