What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round One v Melbourne

Fangs

Coach
Sommerton got monstered most of the first game he played. Luke has been the same.

Not sure it’s the worst idea to put a stop gap at 9 for the first 20. The most experimental we get with the ball in the opening 20 is slinging it to NC on the last anyway.

We used Peachey in the 9 against Melbourne at Marvel. Not starting but he was preferred over both our back up 9's.

soc123_au

Staff member
Anybody got an opinion or educated guess on why it went to a prop on the fifth. Maybe it was part of being clunky.
Not risking a seven tackle set and just making them play out of their own end. If you look at the result based purely off field position it worked a treat. Just not so much on the scoreboard.

Iamback

Coach
Not risking a seven tackle set and just making them play out of their own end. If you look at the result based purely off field position it worked a treat. Just not so much on the scoreboard.

Same result if we spread it and the winger goes into touch too? Or we offload and it hits the ground.

I have no issue with not risking the 7 tackles but we could done more with the ball and at worst the result is the same

At best we jag a try or 2

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We used Peachey in the 9 against Melbourne at Marvel. Not starting but he was preferred over both our back up 9's.
Message for Ivan via the direct line:

Please don’t let it be Peachy.

Just pick our two back upshookers. They’ll never improve if we don’t play them in tough games.

Fangs

Coach
Message for Ivan via the direct line:

Please don’t let it be Peachy.

Just pick our two back upshookers. They’ll never improve if we don’t play them in tough games.

Sorry mate we've got a lot to talk about I'll put it on the agenda if I find the time.

soc123_au

Staff member
Same result if we spread it and the winger goes into touch too? Or we offload and it hits the ground.

I have no issue with not risking the 7 tackles but we could done more with the ball and at worst the result is the same

At best we jag a try or 2
I agree, we could have been less conservative with the same result if we don't score.