What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round One v Melbourne

Fangs

Coach
Time to move on from this mornings disappointment.

May to the wing if Turuva is unfit. I want the back 3 firing on kick returns. Centre can be a whole number of players I don't really mind.

Keep Cole if Luai is unfit for any reason. Way too tough to drop him after one game.

Bench make up I'm not sure. I want to see Melbourne's team first.

Time to move on from this mornings disappointment.

May to the wing if Turuva is unfit. I want the back 3 firing on kick returns. Centre can be a whole number of players I don't really mind.

Keep Cole if Luai is unfit for any reason. Way too tough to drop him after one game.

Bench make up I'm not sure. I want to see Melbourne's team first.
Was Cole bad?

Iamback

Coach
Solid defensively but did nothing but try and run the ball.

100m gained. 2 tackle breaks and a line break so decent enough just lacked the polish of a 6.

For me PCL/MCL is normally 4-6 weeks, Any longer you'd find a winger but for me that is perfect to move May and bring in a young centre.

Even Alamonti or McLean get a month in the side then go back down and work on their game until we need them again

MugaB

Coach
We got away with Peach last year, I don't know how but we shouldn't have.
Peach probably doesn't deserve a centre spot after his lack of concentration with the play the ball.
He only had limited minutes and produced his classic rox, no diamonds act...
Personally, go with leaving May as is, or go Alamoti in centres pushing may out to wing, or better yet Lauire in either position, it will only help us in the future if laurie can do either down the track as i can see his value in our squad as our mr fix it..

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Peach probably doesn't deserve a centre spot after his lack of concentration with the play the ball.
He only had limited minutes and produced his classic rox, no diamonds act...
Personally, go with leaving May as is, or go Alamoti in centres pushing may out to wing, or better yet Lauire in either position, it will only help us in the future if laurie can do either down the track as i can see his value in our squad as our mr fix it..
Can Laurie defend at centre?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Gonna need to find out, coz if he cant he will be useless as a 14, where you need to defend basically anywhere, ala nicho/cook in origin last year
I'm not totally against the idea but Cole/ McClean are the future so I'd lean towards them first

Hooked

Juniors
We got away with Peach last year, I don't know how but we shouldn't have.

I wouldn't want two ball hogs with tunnel vision for the line paired up on the left.

Can Laurie defend at centre?

Who knows?
I read in the pre-season. He has been training at Fullback. Wing and 5/8.

Probably too early for Mclean. Not sure about Alamoti's defence yet.

Cole/May
or
May/Laurie
would be my preferred options if Turuva misses r1.

MugaB

Coach
I'm not totally against the idea but Cole/ McClean are the future so I'd lean towards them first
4peat, its way more important than the "future" and they might not be any good at nrl level, why waste our chance now to cement an unbeatable legacy, they can wait, or ply their trade at wests tigers like lauire did or esl like schnieder did... we need to win not teach, thats what cups for

Chins get the wins

First Grade
4peat, its way more important than the "future" and they might not be any good at nrl level, why waste our chance now to cement an unbeatable legacy, they can wait, or ply their trade at wests tigers like lauire did or esl like schnieder did... we need to win not teach, thats what cups for
Well I'd back every option we have over Alomoti based on his first grade career. Picking McLean or Cole isn't just about the future, as of today they are the best next up centres we currently have.

MugaB

Coach
Well I'd back every option we have over Alomoti based on his first grade career. Picking McLean or Cole isn't just about the future, as of today they are the best next up centres we currently have.
Well this is exactly what I've been saying about Luke Garner, yet everyone has been happy to let him waste a 1st grade spot, I'm happy to admit Alamoti is rubbish after we see him debut, until then benefit of the doubt is in play, but he is a big body, and can easily become a back row option

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Well this is exactly what I've been saying about Luke Garner, yet everyone has been happy to let him waste a 1st grade spot, I'm happy to admit Alamoti is rubbish after we see him debut, until then benefit of the doubt is in play, but he is a big body, and can easily become a back row option
Garner looked promising towards the end of the year and allows flexibility on the bench. If someone like Mav is tearing cup up then bring them in but Garner goes ok.

Iamback

Coach

You won't get any argument from me that Alamonti is a far better option then pretty much anyone off our bench today.

It is a long season, plenty of time to modify the bench. Because todays was the worst bench in the comp

MugaB

Coach
Garner looked promising towards the end of the year and allows flexibility on the bench. If someone like Mav is tearing cup up then bring them in but Garner goes ok.
He done nothing this morning, sorrenson is fit we win, luai is fit we win, schnider plays instead of cole, we win, lauire instead of peach, we win, basically we are relying on average run of the mill players to fill our gaps...
Sorry im just dirty on the whole event, but in reality Ivan does know best, and I'm humbly knowing he is giving the young guys a run without cost us premiership points, so im ok knowing he has planned this out

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He done nothing this morning, sorrenson is fit we win, luai is fit we win, schnider plays instead of cole, we win, lauire instead of peach, we win, basically we are relying on average run of the mill players to fill our gaps...
Sorry im just dirty on the whole event, but in reality Ivan does know best, and I'm humbly knowing he is giving the young guys a run without cost us premiership points, so im ok knowing he has planned this out
Ivan made a heap of selection errors today

Iamback

Coach

He is the sort of player who is safe without being flashy.

Turuva only play 66 mins
Leota 38mins - normally 50 mins
Garner 59 mins - spot on for that edge forw

Bench played

Peachey 14 - Turuva doesn't get hurt. Maybe he doesn't get on

Smith - 47 . That is about his number

Henry - 16
Eisenhuth - 27

Those guys for those minutes aren't suitable for that role