What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round One v Melbourne

mxlegend99

Referee
We're now at the point where the regular season is just a grind until the finals.

Do enough for the top four then click into gear.
4 years of being at the standard we have set is just ridiculous . Each year we have been a bit more vulnerable in regular season but improved in the finals. But even when we were more vulnerable we still won the minor premiership.

Our effort every week is ridiculous. I dont know how these guys do it. Especially with the talent we keep losing

Chins get the wins

First Grade
We all know my thoughts on Soni but anyone suggesting Peach play any 9 is f**king insane. He can't tackle or pass a football.

It's unfortunate but both Soni and Sommerton will need to play

MugaB

Coach
4 years of being at the standard we have set is just ridiculous . Each year we have been a bit more vulnerable in regular season but improved in the finals. But even when we were more vulnerable we still won the minor premiership.

Our effort every week is ridiculous. I dont know how these guys do it. Especially with the talent we keep losing
You have to remember, as panthers fans we are focused on ourselves/our team in regards to our fatigue and attrition throughout the season, but every team is going thru that same amount or even worse for other clubs, so even when we are missing key personnel or looking like having an off game, we still might end up winning it coz the other team is worse of by the time they've faced us, its not the draw either, its purely some clubs lack attention to detail regarding training workloads, injury assessments and fundamentals in defence, we have excelled in those things and its the basic standard, that other clubs assume they have but really don't

MugaB

Coach
We all know my thoughts on Soni but anyone suggesting Peach play any 9 is f**king insane. He can't tackle or pass a football.

It's unfortunate but both Soni and Sommerton will need to play
You could however have soni starting, with laurie as 14, or sommerton starting with Lauire, not sure we should have soni and sommerton together

Michael Matral

Juniors
Every year we are told that this is the year we are coming back to the pack..nek minute..premiership! 2024 has so many questions..will Manly, Souffs and Parra rise again? Will the Broncos be stung by last year enough to win the title (with key players moving on)? Will the Storm finally drop out of the race? Can the Warriors and the Knights back up last years heroics? So many moving pieces..which I think plays into our hands..we'll be thereabouts come the pointy end of the season..question is.. who will be there with us? First challenge..break the Storms first round record

MugaB

Coach
Every year we are told that this is the year we are coming back to the pack..nek minute..premiership! 2024 has so many questions..will Manly, Souffs and Parra rise again? Will the Broncos be stung by last year enough to win the title (with key players moving on)? Will the Storm finally drop out of the race? Can the Warriors and the Knights back up last years heroics? So many moving pieces..which I think plays into our hands..we'll be thereabouts come the pointy end of the season..question is.. who will be there with us? First challenge..break the Storms first round record
Warriors Vs US GF ...calling it now
Ruthless fkers we are

MugaB

Coach
Oooh I like that match up..and if somehow we didn't win..I would be stoked for the Warriors..they have truly risen from the ashes..
Yeah same, I almost conceded to that last year but then that double fwd pass happened against the wahs, and i just got the shits with it, so yeah threepeat well deserved penrith

Munky

Coach
IMO the team's peak was pre Origin 2021.

They would just demolish every team in attack and defence before the injuries hit.

2022 was still dominant.

2023 was a notable decline in terms of on field dominance especially attacking the line.

However since 2021 the only team near the level of 2021 Panthers has really declined. Melbourne just aren't the same team, still well coached but there is no fear. Before the prelim last year this board was talking about which beer we'd purchased since we all knew Melbourne were just making up the numbers.

Penrith's 2024 roster isn't as complete as prior years but neither is any team.

The Broncos losing Flegler and Herbie is huge. They were massive metre eaters.

Roosters have a declining Teddy and Keary, Walker and Smith are not game managers.

The Storm can probably field a decent first choice side but their depth players aren't first grade quality especially in the outside backs.

The Warriors pack is undersized outside of AFB and can be bullied.

Sharks, Souths, Manly are all flair team's who aren't built for a low penalty grind in the finals.

The Knights have very average halves.

The Cowboys have the Chad at halfback who is invisible in big games and should be paying half his wages since 2016 to Jimmy Maloney.

The rest of the team's are somewhat rebuilding and likely at best nuisance value if they make the finals.

Due to the quality of the opposition I think the 2024 regular season floor for Penrith is similar to 2023 Melbourne. Make the top four despite not looking as good as previous years. Unlike Melbourne we have the forwards to grind in the finals.

hindy111

Post Whore
Roosters have the class. Manly have the fire-power. Eels have a very experienced side.
Storm always seem to be strong. Brisbane looked off yesterday but they are dangerous.So much X factor.
Roosters and Warriors have improved their squad since last season. I just don't know what to expect from the Warriors. Could be top 4 again or miss 8 and not suprise.
I feel Manly are going to have a huge year. Unsure why.

maple_69

Bench
Manly have a bottom 4 pack and will be cannon fodder for the best sides but I can definitely see them landing in the top 6 if Turbo stays healthy, similar to their 2021 season and the Sharks last couple.

I’ve got the Roosters, Parra, Broncs and Warriors as the squads that can offer serious competition. Totally agree though Warriors are just as likely to miss the 8 entirely and the Roosters/Eels will need a lot of luck

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Big chance Munster is out.

Should he be, i think we break their round 1 winning streak.. Will be a tough ask otherwise with just the one game since the GF and away from home.

MugaB

Coach
Big chance Munster is out.

Should he be, i think we break their round 1 winning streak.. Will be a tough ask otherwise with just the one game since the GF and away from home.
All depends on Ivan picking a strong roster, not that shit he selected for the WCC

Latest posts