What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round One v Melbourne

hindy111

Post Whore
A few injuries and the pack looks weak. Unless Henry and Lindsay Smith really take a big leap.
I thought Lindsay was terrible in the grand final. Couldn't keep up. But he had been decent till the finals.

age.s

First Grade
Squad looks weaker on paper, but we've known this has been coming for a year or so at least. We've unearthed at least 1 quality prospect every year this decade and we'll have to do so again if we want to maintain our dominance. It's just how it's going to be from here on out.

Let's see if Henry and Taymay step up the way others have the past few years. I think we've earned the right to be cautiously optimistic at this point.

tripster

Juniors
Our starting props are so much better than the Storms it isn’t funny, but our bench forwards are a big step down. I could see Ivan moving Huth to start and putting Moses on the bench just to keep things a bit more balanced.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Our starting props are so much better than the Storms it isn’t funny, but our bench forwards are a big step down. I could see Ivan moving Huth to start and putting Moses on the bench just to keep things a bit more balanced.
Something some of us suggested months ago and were laughed at. I'd start Smith though and drop Huth (he's really a 13 or nothing)

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Something some of us suggested months ago and were laughed at. I'd start Smith though and drop Huth (he's really a 13 or nothing)
I don’t think anyone laughed at you, it just doesn’t make sense not to start the best front row combo in the world.

Thankfully I don’t think Ivan would do that.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I don’t think anyone laughed at you, it just doesn’t make sense not to start the best front row combo in the world.

If you can't see the benefits of having a gun prop on the field at all times then I can't help you. Both can still play the same amount of minutes they usually do.

Original Name

Juniors
Anybody got an opinion or educated guess on why it went to a prop on the fifth. Maybe it was part of being clunky.
Much shorter in goals in certain old England grounds which the kickers don't have much time practice on and adjust their muscle memory.

Original Name

Juniors
Christian Welch looks back to his best watching him. That rounds out their pack a lot.

I agree with you and would like to see Moses and Fish start.

But it needs to be pointed out that last year when Spencer had his testicular injury, Ivan did play Moses off the bench.

Iamback

Coach
I agree with you and would like to see Moses and Fish start.

But it needs to be pointed out that last year when Spencer had his testicular injury, Ivan did play Moses off the bench.

Correct. It isn't like Ivan hasn't done it before a slow start to the year and that might be one of the tweeks

Iamback

Coach

Henry is in the same boat as Huth, Would be great starting with big minutes. Off the bench offers very little.

I did like putting Smith on an edge though.

Iamback

Coach
Sorenson and Cole injured it seems.
Cole deadset struggles to put 2 games together. So disappointing.

Also really dislike the bench and 18-22.

No NAS for the Storm though.

That is Cole's issue. Very hard to develop from the sidelines

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Not a very good looking bench. Can’t say I am surprised though. Ivan loves the Peach and knows Eiso will do his job against a Melbourne team. Hopefully Sorensen and Kenny will be back next week to strengthen the team.

Our forwards and Bench V their fowards and Bench looks like a Premiership team vs a Reserve grade team. They look pretty ass to be fair. Cant see how they get up field thats not off the back of a line break or missed tackle from us