What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rounds 22-25 Draw. Round 25 Announced today

For interest's sake:

Round 10 2004 - Dragons vs. Bulldogs - WIN Stadium - 18,267
Round 19 2006 - Dragons vs. Bulldogs - OKI Jubilee Stadium - 18,223

effnic

Bench
Wow 2 of the worst games for friday night footy. Oh nice we get a beautiful sunday arvo game and another channel 9, your going down parra, manly love a good sunday arvo battle.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Scenario 1:

Normal teams named for FNF - same old whinging from lesser teams who havent gotten many FTA appearances...

Scenario 2:

New teams who don't get many named for FNF - whinging from everyone else that dud games are being chosen.

It's clear noone will be pleased. Let's just cancel the comp now shall we?

Put up or shut up. It's simple.

effnic

Bench
Yeh how dare any of us have an opinion, i wish you took your own advice 33,976 posts ago.

Timmah

Staff member
All I'm saying is that it doesn't matter how they schedule, one of you will always f**king whinge. The Saturday night in Wollongong doesn't suit me but I'm not hear moaning about it am I?

ByRd

First Grade
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
For interest's sake:

Round 10 2004 - Dragons vs. Bulldogs - WIN Stadium - 18,267
Round 19 2006 - Dragons vs. Bulldogs - OKI Jubilee Stadium - 18,223
dont worry mate, us bulldog fans will be down there in our numbers for this clash,im already there lol Its the clash i look most forward to, cant wait for it!!!

tdcockers

Juniors
ok, enough reading, my turn to throw stones.....

who would complain if every team had the same number of free to air games telecast, regardless of form? sure, we might see some 'crap' games, but you are not paying to see it, and it could be argued you get what you pay for.

even representation across the board would be a scheduling nightmare, and would have to be done at the same time as the draw, but i put this to you: the abc coverage of the queensland cup is largely unbiased, showing all teams. i personally prefer this - while you do get uneven contests, there is really not that greater difference between 'top' and 'bottom' sides. i believe the same goes for the nrl.

until the telecasters stop using 'form' as the basis (excuse?) for their decisions, we will continue to have this arguement.

would equal representation, regardless of form, be such a bad thing?

meltiger

First Grade
Dodger said:
Scenario 1:

Normal teams named for FNF - same old whinging from lesser teams who havent gotten many FTA appearances...

Scenario 2:

New teams who don't get many named for FNF - whinging from everyone else that dud games are being chosen.

It's clear noone will be pleased. Let's just cancel the comp now shall we?

Put up or shut up. It's simple.

C'mon Tim, it's not that simple. It's the blatant favouritism towards particular clubs that is disgusting.

Whilst i'm rapt Melbourne have been scheduled a FNF game, the Roosters? Give me a f**king break. There is no way in the world that game can be justified as a FTA game ahead of the Tigers & Cowboys given where the 4 teams are sitting on the ladder at the time the decision was made.

What a great advertisement it'll be for RL in Victoria too, the Storm playing in front of 5,000 people :roll:

For that reason, part of me kind of hopes they DON'T show the game live down here.

meltiger

First Grade
The NRL should tell C9 to go f**k themselves and schedule Friday Night Football the same way the NFL schedules Monday Night Football.

meltiger

First Grade
Dodger said:
The Saturday night in Wollongong doesn't suit me but I'm not hear moaning about it am I?

Yep no whinging ...

Dodger said:
Then why have the last few seasons always seen us play Saints in the f**king ass-end of the year? It's a marquee clash that will draw far better at OKI FFS! Do they not remember the GROUND RECORD crowd last year?

:thumn

Timmah

Staff member
:-s

Two completely different things. I was complaining about the game being held at the end of the year for the second year straight, not which night it was scheduled for that particular weekend. :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
Dodger said:

Two completely different things. I was complaining about the game being held at the end of the year for the second year straight, not which night it was scheduled for that particular weekend. :lol:

You're right, we both know that there's no good football played at the end of the year....

Timmah

Staff member
My point was that as a result in 2007 the game couldn't be at OKI, which is where most would agree the Saints would pull a bigger crowd vs a Team such as the Bulldogs.

meltiger

First Grade
Dodger said:

lol

You were whinging about the ground allocation.

My point was just everyone will whinge about something mate, no point having a go at people in a general way about it.

Some may whinge about fta allocations (such as me) some may whinge about ground allocations (such as you).

Timmah

Staff member
ROUND 21 - August 3-6

FRIDAY
Bulldogs v Parramatta - Telstra Stadium 7:30pm Ch9
Newcastle v St George Illawarra - EnergyAustralia Stadium 7:30pm Ch9

SATURDAY
Gold Coast v Wests Tigers - Gold Coast Stadium 5:30pm Fox
North Queensland v Canberra - Dairy Farmers Stadium 7:30pm Fox
Penrith v South Sydney - CUA Stadium 7:30pm Fox

SUNDAY
Sydney Roosters v Warriors - Aussie Stadium 2:00pm Fox
Brisbane v Manly Warringah - Suncorp Stadium 3:00pm Ch9 Delay

MONDAY
Cronulla Sutherland v Melbourne - Toyota Park 7:00pm Fox

:crazy: STILL no MNF for Pemriff.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fair enough draw, probally would have gone for Titans/Tigers on friday but no complaints with this round

Latest posts