What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rounds 22-25 Draw. Round 25 Announced today

smeghead

Bench
Monday Night Football heads to historic Leichhardt Oval on July 30 for the clash between Wests Tigers and North Queensland Cowboys.

The round 20 match kicks off at 7pm. Tickets go on sale on Monday, July 16.

It will be the third Monday night football game for Wests Tigers this season. The first will be played on Monday, June 4 against Parramatta at Telstra Stadium.

Wests Tigers play Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium on Monday, June 25.

innsaneink

Referee
smeghead said:
Monday Night Football heads to historic Leichhardt Oval on July 30 for the clash between Wests Tigers and North Queensland Cowboys.

The round 20 match kicks off at 7pm. Tickets go on sale on Monday, July 16.

It will be the third Monday night football game for Wests Tigers this season. The first will be played on Monday, June 4 against Parramatta at Telstra Stadium.

Wests Tigers play Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium on Monday, June 25.

:roll: fkn great!

t-ba

Post Whore
ROFLMAO. If there was a worse venue for MNF football than Brookvale, I think Leichardt might be it!

smeghead

Bench
Makes no sense to me.

City West Link and Parramatta Rd are sh*t fights most nights of the week.

And a FNQ team as well. Makes for a bumper crowd. Well done NRL

meltiger

First Grade
I would question why 3rd & 4th is not an FTA game.

I'm guessing when we see the full draw .... St George and Canterbury will be one of the 3 FTA games though. Thank you very much C9 you f**king morons, for once check the f**king ladder when doing tv allocations.

Thanks for the update Smeg, can finally book my flights in :thumn even though this now means an extra 2 nights accom :(

Super. Campbelltown gets 3 sunday afternoon games.
Leichhardt gets a Sat 530 a MNF and a ???
I am very over 3 games on a sat on only 2 on a Sunday arvo
I hate the amount of night time football.
Super Saturday should be cut to 2 games ... say a 6pm and an 8pm
And I'd be all for a lunchtime KO on a Sunday like they do in the PL for big matches
A game at 12 or 1230, one at 2 or 215 and the 9 game kicking off at 3, shown at 4
With every week that goes by the Administration of the NRL are looking more and more like utter gimps

meltiger

First Grade
The 3rd game will be Sunday Afternon TMOTH

Souths @ Leichhardt seems to have been designated the 'tradition' game.

meltiger

First Grade
BTW - Regular 12.30pm games on Sun won't work mate. People have too many things on the morning.

t-ba

Post Whore
meltiger said:
BTW - Regular 12.30pm games on Sun won't work mate. People have too many things on the morning.

Like sleeping, reading the newspaper and begging the missus for...err...?

Sat 530 games don't work either
People would get to a big derby at 12 or 1230
A tigers parra, or saints bulldogs, or saints cronulla etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ROUND 20 - Jul 27-30

FRIDAY
Canberra v Penrith @ Canberra - 7:30pm Ch9
Sydney Roosters v Melbourne @ Aussie - 7:30pm Ch9

SAT
Warriors v Newcastle @ Mt Smart - 5:30pm Fox (7:30pm NZT)
St George Illawarra v Bulldogs @ WIN Stadium - 7:30pm Fox
South Sydney v Gold Coast @ Telstra - 7:30pm Fox

SUN
Brisbane v Cronulla @ Suncorp - 2:00pm Fox
Parramatta v Manly @ Parramatta - 3:00pm Ch9 Delay

MON
Wests Tigers v NQ Cowboys @ Leichhardt - 7:00pm Fox

skeepe

Immortal
:shock:

Another 9 match for the Raiders? Why Friday though? FFS would much rather Sunday... still, shouldn't complain, any 9 coverage is better than none.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The TWO worst games on Friday..great work Nein. How does the Tigers/Cowboys game become MNF. Fair dinkum they sure know how to pick duds Nein. Roosters-Melbourne will just be a thrashing..and well canberra-penrith will be just as bad probally.

Timmah

Staff member
Roosters v Melbourne I disagree with but Melbourne had to get on FTA at some point. Canberra and Penrith could be a good choice by that stage, and Manly v Parra goes without saying.

Surprised that Brisbane v Cronulla misses out but that said they were on a couple of weeks ago.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I agree with Brisbane/Cronnulla not being on. But please tell me a legitimate reason why Tigers/Cowboys are not on Nein..um you have a side on a 6 match winning streak and the Cowboys who have the best player in the world in Thurston. Um SURELY that is worth a Nein game! Just you wait, we'll have ANOTHER instance of a non-Nein game like Manly/Melb last week being the match of the round. These decisions on Nein are stupid to say the least!

Timmah

Staff member
Just because Cowboys have "the best player in the game" it doesn't automatically entitle them to FTA appearances. Take into account the fact it's at Leichhardt and the Cowboys form has been largely indifferent all year. MNF is the third picked game anyway, after the two FNFs and before Sunday footy.

Latest posts