What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rounds 22-25 Draw. Round 25 Announced today

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Ice777 said:
I'm not overly happy about the Monday game against the Dogs. While it was inevitable we were going to get a Monday game, IMO it's a wasted opportunity against Canterbury. By that i mean it's classed as one of the bigger and better games on the Storm calender down here and one of the games i look forward to the most and i just reckon it would've been much better played on a Friday/Saturday night or Sunday arvo.

I guess there thinking was to play against one of the bigger clubs to help lure the crowd in and it may very well work, but IMO i can't see there being a bigger crowd than normal and we'll either get on our average or less. Personally, i hope it doesn't work down here and the less Monday games we get the better.

Monday night footy is about tv ratings, the crowd on a Monday night in Melbourne will be as good as it is on any other day, or it will be bigger.

Stop worrying about how Monday night football effects AwFuL.

Smell the fear.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
effnic said:
Oh god please dont come to brookie, i cant handle having to listen to you whinge about the facilities when you rush home to your computer after the game.

Are you suggesting Brookvale is on-or-above standard? Skirt.

Timmah

Staff member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21510815-23214,00.html

Broncos claim victory of sorts
April 05, 2007

BRISBANE Broncos had their first "victory" of the season today with the NRL moving their round 10 encounter against Manly Sea Eagles to Brookvale Oval.

The NRL agreed to a switch of venues for this season's two Brisbane-Manly games after Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen launched a stinging broadside at the game's governing body over its scheduling earlier this week.

Cullen was incensed after the Broncos were handed a Monday night home game against the Sea Eagles just two days out from the opening State of Origin game, which is also being played at Suncorp Stadium.

The Broncos are likely to be heavily depleted for the game with players away with the Queensland side, the absence of top line talent and proximity to the Origin contest sure to have had a detrimental effect on crowd numbers.

The NRL today relented, switching the round 10 clash to Brookvale Oval, with the round 21 return bout moved to Suncorp Stadium.

"They're always talking about wanting to build crowds, build attendance figures, then they do this," said an irate Cullen.

"We welcome Monday night football and the chance to make it a success but you want a quality game.

"When they looked at the draw, that's one game they should have trodden away from.

"They haven't given us a cannon, they given us a pop gun.

"No disrespect to the players that night, but it would be almost a reserve grade clash, it's very disappointing after all their rhetoric."

The date shift could see Brisbane revive plans to use the Suncorp Stadium clash to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their debut in the premiership when they trounced the Sea Eagles 24-10.

Brisbane will be hoping to follow up today's off-field victory with its first on-field win against an equally desperate Sydney Roosters at Aussie Stadium tomorrow night.

AAP

Rounds 12 and 13 to be released this evening. My guess (not my preference though):

Round 12
Friday:
7:30pm Storm vs. Rabbitohs (Ch 9 - NSW Live, Qld Delayed)
7:30pm Cowboys vs. Sharks (Ch 9 - Qld Live, NSW Delayed)

Saturday:
5:30pm Panthers vs. Sea Eagles (Fox - Live)
7:30pm Titans vs. Raiders (Fox - Live & Viewers' Choice)
7:30pm Roosters vs. Knights (Fox - Delayed & Viewers' Choice)

Sunday:
4:00pm NZST: Warriors vs. Bulldogs (Fox - Live 2:00pm AEST)
3:00pm Dragons vs. Broncos (Ch 9 - Delayed)

Monday:
7:00pm Wests Tigers vs. Eels (Fox - Live)

Round 13
Friday:
7:30pm Knights vs. Wests Tigers (Ch 9 - Live)

Saturday:
7:30pm NZST: Warriors vs. Storm (Fox - Live 5:30pm AEST)
7:30pm Dragons vs. Sharks (Fox - Live)

Sunday:
2:00pm Raiders vs. Eels (Fox - Live)
3:00pm Rabbitohs vs. Panthers (Ch 9 - Delayed)

Monday
7:00pm Roosters vs. Cowboys (Fox - Live)

I had that as the Sunday arvo game... but I thought it was extremely unlikely that the Bronocs would not be on Channel 9 three weeks in a row. I dunno, it's just a guess.

t-ba

Post Whore
Dodger said:
Warriors Storm simply MUST be the Nein game in R13.

That'd be a terrible decision for New Zealanders. Kick off at 5:00pm on a Sunday or 9:30 on a friday night? Wouldn't be good for crowds.

Fox Should have scheduled it for a 5:30 Friday AEST kick off though...

Timmah

Staff member
So maybe that's the reason then... that the Warriors end up with no FTA coverage?

:crazy:

t-ba

Post Whore
The Warriors have no FTA coverage because Ch9 thinks only teams from Western Sydney, The Saints, the Knights and the Broncos are capable of rating.

Timmah

Staff member
t-ba said:
The Warriors have no FTA coverage because Ch9 thinks only teams from Western Sydney, The Saints, the Knights and the Broncos are capable of rating.
So it's nothing to do with the fact it's a major inconvenience for NZ viewers with games being broadcast later in the day?

t-ba

Post Whore
Dodger said:
So it's nothing to do with the fact it's a major inconvenience for NZ viewers with games being broadcast later in the day?

If Channel 9 thought they'd rate, do you honestly think they'd give a f*ck about the punters in New Zealand?

It's not like they care when the Grand Final Starts at 11:00pm NZ time on a Sunday with no public holiday...

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Warriors games would rate better over here at 9.30 on a Friday compared to 7.30/9.30 on a Saturday.

t-ba

Post Whore
Captain Charisma said:
Warriors games would rate better over here at 9.30 on a Friday compared to 7.30/9.30 on a Saturday.

How many people would turn up to a 9:30 kick off? Physically?

nqboy

First Grade
"The situation is that Nine gets the first two choices and Fox Sports the next two. Then we get the fifth choice," Crawley said.

I reckon Nein will take Tigers/Eels and either Cowboys/Sharks or Dragons/Broncos. Fox will take whichever Nein don't and Warriors/Bulldogs or Storm/Rabbitohs. Nein would then take Warriors/Bulldogs with a 4pmNZT kick-off or Panthers/SeaEagles and the rest would be on Fox.

I wonder what Fox do with their two choices. I guess one would be their Satuday 7.30pm ace to flesh out Super Saturday and the other would be MNF.

Timmah

Staff member
If the game was in Oz it wouldn't have much bearing ;-)

Fast Eddie

First Grade
t-ba said:
How many people would turn up to a 9:30 kick off? Physically?

I meant a 7.30 game in Australia so 9.30 in NZ.

We would never get a Friday night home game....unless we kicked off at 7.30 so it was at 5.30 over in Australia.

Latest posts