What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roy & HG

innsaneink

Referee
Tried listening to Roy & HG on JJJ tonite just for a change, watched the game tonite on my bro in laws 61" plasma, and decided to give Rabbits and co. the flick, though there was about a 2 second delay from what they were calling to what we were seeing, by the time the 2nd try was scored we gave it a miss...was like a surprise was being spoiled.
Is there usually a delay like this?? I see posts all the time during origin etc from people listening to em, and its usually always positive.
Call was good, funny, just the delay was a bitch.

Y2Eel

First Grade
If you were watching it in Digital. I'm fairly sure digital has a slight delay to normal non digital TV so that may be the problem..

weasel

First Grade
Was it digital?

Digital tv has a slight delay, it's always a few seconds behind the analogue tv transmission, so I imagine it would hold the same for radio.

glasper

Juniors
Yes, Digital TV has an inherent delay due to the way the video stream is encoded and decoded, which requires buffering the content for several frames for compression analysis purposes. It's unavoidable due to the technical details of the mpeg-2 standard.

I'm sorry you couldn't listen to Roy & HG. I thought they were absolutely brilliant this year, funnier than ever.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they were classical as usual

Harry Hight Pants (Ben Cross) :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Shane "The Face of Rugby League... as it was" Webcke :lol:

Glen

Bench
glasper said:
Yes, Digital TV has an inherent delay due to the way the video stream is encoded and decoded, which requires buffering the content for several frames for compression analysis purposes. It's unavoidable due to the technical details of the mpeg-2 standard.
So you're saying there's a delay with Digital TV?

flash

Juniors
The Roy and HG call will be on itunes tommorow or wednesday if you missed it.

Sir Biffo

Bench
salivor said:
I don't know if anyone has answered it yet but does digital TV have a delay?

Not sure. Hopefully someone will answer the question that has been bugging us since last night!

Latest posts