What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby 7s

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Medal Final is on at 8 AM this morning (Tuesday) between Aussies and Kiwi women.

T-Boon

Coach
I am very impressed with the skills of the women. Also how good is it to see this one on one defending leading to actual tackling. The mens codes could learn something. Womens rugby is going to explode world wide.
Come on Wallabets.

shiznit

Coach
What a load of horseshit... Australia scored off a knock on...

And the rest of the points come when NZ a down to 6 players on a dodgy yellow...

ohhh well... Good on the Aussies... They have been the best team for a long time... They would have won without the leg up...

T-Boon

Coach
great stuff!!
that was bloody good football.
That convinces me that league needs to go to 11 aside.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
24-17 Aussies at FT.

Geez these women can tackle, both sides have some great techniques.

shiznit

Coach
One thing that this has confirmed to me... Sevens is a great sport for the Olympics...

Can't wait for the men...

Fiji are the favourites... But really... There's about 6 or 7 teams with a realistic chance of winning gold...

I could easily see one or more of the big 3... Fiji, SA & NZ not make the semi's...

GB I think will be a wildcard... Considering they have 3 pretty strong teams joined together...

Shorty

Staff member
It's a great sport, apparently it's been a big hit with the Olympics.
Hopefully it's here to stay.

Commiserations to NZ who had a great tournament.

T-Boon

Coach
I am going to watch the hell out of the mens 7s.
The best thing was no wrestle, gang tackle, decoys, rugby rucks, hit ups...
...and plenty of passing skills.

Valheru

Coach
What a load of horseshit... Australia scored off a knock on...

And the rest of the points come when NZ a down to 6 players on a dodgy yellow...

ohhh well... Good on the Aussies... They have been the best team for a long time... They would have won without the leg up...

How was it a dodgy yellow?

It was a clear intentional knock down which is illegal in all forms of rugby union and is always punished with a yellow. The player nearly carded herself and was walking towards the bench prior to the ref telling her to go. I do agree there was a knock on leading to one of the tries but the knock on rule seems to be followed loosely at best in union.

Anyways, congrats to the girls for getting gold.