What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

taste2taste

Juniors
I’ve been watching a lot of the NPC this year all be it extended highlights and there’s some tremendous talent knocking about in New Zealand outside of the super rugby competition that would IMO go well in the NRL.

if I was an NRL club I’d be getting the cheque book out for Waikato forward oli Mathis who is a freakish talent who would kill it in RL.
Why would Mathis come to the nrl when he’s a future all black ?
every kid in nz grows dreaming of playing for the all blacks don’t they ?

warriors 95

Juniors
Why would Mathis come to the nrl when he’s a future all black ?
every kid in nz grows dreaming of playing for the all blacks don’t they ?
Some do more than others but I think he’s not only a future all black but a future all blacks captain to boot.

it still wouldn’t stop me from at least trying to tempt him or others like him over to league.

taste2taste

Juniors
Some do more than others but I think he’s not only a future all black but a future all blacks captain to boot.

it still wouldn’t stop me from at least trying to tempt him or others like him over to league.
Does league have anything the equivalent to the npc ??
if you want to play league in nz how would you find a game ?

Matt_CBY

Juniors
I'm not enraged. You are the one encouraging someone to seek professional help. You started it not me.

You're right about one thing. Take it to another thread. But remember you brought that shit here. Not me.
Reading through all this crap, one thing is for certain. You started this.

MKCS

Juniors
What would happen if they got a real league star? Make him King of Ruggerbuggerland?

Of course, can't make fun of them for it though. If a Nathan Cleary or a Reece Walsh or a Cam Munster wanted to go over they'd bring A LOT of attention and eyes to the Union product. Problem is those eyes wouldn't stay because Union isn't very good but as a piece of marketing it is smart to sign League players up.

taste2taste

Juniors
Of course, can't make fun of them for it though. If a Nathan Cleary or a Reece Walsh or a Cam Munster wanted to go over they'd bring A LOT of attention and eyes to the Union product. Problem is those eyes wouldn't stay because Union isn't very good but as a piece of marketing it is smart to sign League players up.
If you look at how much publicity suaallii has brought union he’s probably already got them 5m of advertising.

bazza

Immortal

probably better to tempt the second best player in NZ in his position (if he is any good) - because they will have more potential earnings in the NRL than in RU

Bazal

Post Whore
Classic media hyperbole calling him a star but he'd be a good get for a few clubs. Except that he'll be asking comfortably more than he's worth

Latest posts