What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

Tweed Titan

Bench
The ball is in play for roughly twice as long in league.

The RUWC games that have had scores of 80 - 10 are the equivalent of 160 - 20 in league.
Maybe a little less seeing as though a converted try is 7 points in union and an unconverted try is 5 points.

85 and 80 percent respectively.

So maybe 132-17 is an equivalent rugby score to that league score.

taste2taste

Juniors
Maybe a little less seeing as though a converted try is 7 points in union and an unconverted try is 5 points.

85 and 80 percent respectively.

So maybe 132-17 is an equivalent rugby score to that league score.
This shows that because the ball is in play for such a short time in Union it gives the illusion that teams are more competitive.

If you look at the League World Cup at the half time scores ( this is a fair comparison for ball in play) nearly all games are close.

You could make the argument that there is a far larger gulf in talent between the top and bottom teams in Union.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
They still seem to fall for the trap that a kid who plays rugby league from 6 years old then plays a few years of rugby union in high school is a "rugby union developed" player
Bluddy hell this.
That kochie wanker claimed Wally Lewis was a f**ken rugby union player ffs.
These claims only seem to be corrected in here for some reason.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
RLWC ave group stage margin 42 points
RUWC ave group stage margin 33 points so far

I mean, it is slightly tighter but not to the extent that justifies the criticism of our WC and absolves them of exactly the same criticism.
Update:

RLWC Group Stage: 42 pts ave win margin
RUWC Group Stage: 35 pts ave win margin

Never again will a Union troll be able to criticise our world cup compared to theirs when it comes to uncompetitive pool matches.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I think the ARU would be the ones looking for the getout clause when they realise they can't pay his contract with no TV deal, let alone fixing their grass roots issues.

Long may the decline continue... I'll drink to that for all the times they've f**ked us over in the past. Cheers!

Wb1234

Immortal
I think the ARU would be the ones looking for the getout clause when they realise they can't pay his contract with no TV deal, let alone fixing their grass roots issues.

Long may the decline continue... I'll drink to that for all the times they've f**ked us over in the past. Cheers!
The best thing about unions collapse is it’s been gradual so it gives us more time to savour it

it will be interesting to see if super rugby survives in the longer term bc I have my doubts

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The best thing about unions collapse is it’s been gradual so it gives us more time to savour it

it will be interesting to see if super rugby survives in the longer term bc I have my doubts
It will survive, but as a professional sport? Maybe not. Now we are coming for them in NZ and the Pacific

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd say after the backlash from fans and the debacle from the Crichton offer Union might have ended its ' operation re-union ' lol

For those keeping score, from thier 'hit list ' of Union juniors that we "poached"

Union 1 - Suaallii

NRL 6 - Murray, Koula, Asofa Solomana, Penisini, Haas, Crichton
+ Warbrick