What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

CAS

Juniors
For all the Union supporters on here pretending to be League fans, Rugby Union is bigger than Rugby league around the world....there, can you stop pacing back and forwards around the room now, boy its great how a sport that according to yourselves is played in Northern England and 2 states in Australia only causing you to come out in sweats. As i have said previously we know our faults and boy do we have some, sadly none are on the pitch but off it, on the pitch we are happy as hell, we don't need a comfort blanket like yourselves (ooh we are bigger than Rugby League, i feel better now mummy) , now next time the ARU or whoever runs that shit show hide behind TBA crowds domestically, have the same arrogance and cockiness to come on here and comment on it, will you hell as, you see only what you want to see and believe only what you want to believe.

For a supposed MASSIVE International event as the Union World Cup, to change when its played to avoid clashing with 2 minnow sports as you will tell us on the world stage is frankly f***ing embarrassing but not unexpected. Why don't you pop on Big Footy and tell them this? you wouldn't dare as you would be ripped to pieces, say what you will about the AFL types of this world, they wont have their game slagged off.

You wanna see some of the crowds Bull fighting gets in Spain, still a tasteless and unpleasing thing to witness, like a Rugger chugger international at Twickers in front of 75 thousand bell ends singing their songs of Slavery and drinking each others piss in the Bar afterwards, Huzzah.

taste2taste

Juniors
For all the Union supporters on here pretending to be League fans, Rugby Union is bigger than Rugby league around the world....there, can you stop pacing back and forwards around the room now, boy its great how a sport that according to yourselves is played in Northern England and 2 states in Australia only causing you to come out in sweats. As i have said previously we know our faults and boy do we have some, sadly none are on the pitch but off it, on the pitch we are happy as hell, we don't need a comfort blanket like yourselves (ooh we are bigger than Rugby League, i feel better now mummy) , now next time the ARU or whoever runs that shit show hide behind TBA crowds domestically, have the same arrogance and cockiness to come on here and comment on it, will you hell as, you see only what you want to see and believe only what you want to believe.

For a supposed MASSIVE International event as the Union World Cup, to change when its played to avoid clashing with 2 minnow sports as you will tell us on the world stage is frankly f***ing embarrassing but not unexpected. Why don't you pop on Big Footy and tell them this? you wouldn't dare as you would be ripped to pieces, say what you will about the AFL types of this world, they wont have their game slagged off.

You wanna see some of the crowds Bull fighting gets in Spain, still a tasteless and unpleasing thing to witness, like a Rugger chugger international at Twickers in front of 75 thousand bell ends singing their songs of Slavery and drinking each others piss in the Bar afterwards, Huzzah.
For some reason the NRL triggers union fans, I can only assume it's because the NRL is the largest Rugby comp on the planet by any metric, even blows the Top 14 and whatever the Japanese comp is called out of the water.

Take it as a compliment that our tiny sport triggers them so hard :D

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
This stat celebrating the opposite

scrums which failed
Not always. It’s scrums where one side failed or got dominated by the other- a lot of scrum penalties come from a really good scrummaging side forcing their opponent into an infringement.

lineouts on the other hand… if they get penalised it’s usually just cause the hooker can’t throw straight or someone does something grubby.

Last edited:

taste2taste

Juniors
Call me weird but I like a good scrum contest. A ridiculous amount of strength and technique involved.
If a contested scrum takes an average of 2 minutes and there's 10 a game, do you love scrums enough to have 20 minutes of game time lost to watching scrums ?

I noticed England pushed in a scrum against Tonga last weekend, they didn't win the ball...or give away a penalty, it was a little disappointing tbh :D :D Hopefully they try again in Game 2.

Wb1234

Immortal
If a contested scrum takes an average of 2 minutes and there's 10 a game, do you love scrums enough to have 20 minutes of game time lost to watching scrums ?

I noticed England pushed in a scrum against Tonga last weekend, they didn't win the ball...or give away a penalty, it was a little disappointing tbh :D :D Hopefully they try again in Game 2.
Set
Pause
Crouch
Engage

reset
Go back to step one

scrum collapses
Penalty

Valheru

Coach

Yes it's not the fact that they are contested and highly technical that is the issue, it is the ridiculous amount of time it takes to set them and the multiple re-attempts.

Watch a RUWC form the early 90s and it is much more rugby league like in terms of setting it first go and getting on with things.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yes it's not the fact that they are contested and highly technical that is the issue, it is the ridiculous amount of time it takes to set them and the multiple re-attempts.

Watch a RUWC form the early 90s and it is much more rugby league like in terms of setting it first go and getting on with things.
Yep resets are a problem, not penalties . If a scrum results in a short-arm penalty from the first set then it’s working as intended

Matua

Bench
Call me weird but I like a good scrum contest. A ridiculous amount of strength and technique involved.
You'll be in danger of being called a "union" troll now. ;) But I agree, I love scrums, and yep resets are the issue, although sometimes they're unavoidable in a good contest.

World Rugby has today officially pushed back the start date of the 2027 World Cup so it doesn't clash with the NRL and AFL finals.

A few European comps have thier nose out of joint because that delays the start of thier domestic competitions.

Who'd have thought our tiny insignificant sport would cause the Rara's so much concern :D

After the NRL finishes we should be organising 5 weeks of internationals, just to screw with them a bit lol
This makes perfect sense. It's in Australia, silly to run it at the same time as the finals of the biggest sports in the county. If it was being held in any other country they wouldn't worry about it.

taste2taste

Juniors
Sorry in french, amazing https://www.rugbyrama.fr/2023/10/24...na-pas-touche-un-ballon-du-match-11537843.php

In brief, SA center JESSE KRIEL for the full 80' played in the semi, 0 pass, 0 metres made, 0 clean break, 3 tackles 1 miss

If you want to earn money with little effort, go tu union game :D
What's the atmosphere been like in France over the past month ? Is everyone loving the World Cup ?

You must be happy with the IMG ratings ? Looks like Toulouse will get promoted to Super League :)

Munky

Coach

Latest posts