What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

bazza

Immortal
So South Africa has won 4 world cups and only scored 2 try's in all finals winand that was in one final 2019.

New Zealand has won 3 world cups and has scored 7 try's in all finals win with 3 1987, 1 2011 and 3 2015.

Australia has won 2 world cups and has scored three try's in all finals win 1 in 1991 and 2 in 1999.

England has won 1 world cup and has scored 1 try in final win in 2003.
Apparently the reason it is called a "try" was because if the team got the ball over the line they then got to "try" for a goal kick. The original version of the game had no points for a "try" - it was just a chance to kick a goal
seems that union has kept hold onto the original philosophy while other versions of the sport have grown up

Channel 9 didn't even think the WC final was worth putting on thier main channel lol

I watched most of the game, the 2 codes have become very different sports. I think the days of league players switching over and being successful have gone. Rugby is more about set pieces and rucks, the ball rarely gets to the skill full players and when it does they have very little room to move or they kick it away.

I'd say Union is closer to Gridiron than league, 30 seconds of play and then 2 minute rest.

I get that people love union, all good, each to thier own.

I wouldn't. I've seen more action in a game of NFL than I see in many union games, especially the RUWC Final. I suspect it gets big crowds as it is "an event" and not due to any chance of any scintillating play.

Wb1234

Immortal
So South Africa has won 4 world cups and only scored 2 try's in all finals winand that was in one final 2019.

New Zealand has won 3 world cups and has scored 7 try's in all finals win with 3 1987, 1 2011 and 3 2015.

Australia has won 2 world cups and has scored three try's in all finals win 1 in 1991 and 2 in 1999.

New Zealand has been playing for wrong version of rugby since 1895

Wb1234

Immortal
Apparently the reason it is called a "try" was because if the team got the ball over the line they then got to "try" for a goal kick. The original version of the game had no points for a "try" - it was just a chance to kick a goal
seems that union has kept hold onto the original philosophy while other versions of the sport have grown up
Excellent post and spot on

King hit

Coach

England only scored 2 tries in 260 minutes in the knockout stages in 2003. Their semi final is one of the most boring games ever.

Gobsmacked

Bench

He looks absolutely gutted

getting paid double for one years work is good business though
Declared war on the NRL and became unemployed within a year... there's a lesson here kids.
Also saying RA doesn't have the resources..? Like what? Players lol.
He should have known where they were at before he took the job.
No accountability, what a flog.
Sualli will be the richest man in all of RA hq because he's the 6th best winger in the NRL..
Maclenen is next.
Who sunk my battleship?

Perth Red

Post Whore
50 overs cricket World Cup had 14 teams in 2015. Previous WC and the current one has 10 teams.
The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup will become a 14 team, 54 match event in 2027 and 2031, whilst the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup will be expanded to a 20 team, 55 match event in 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030.

Steel Saints

Juniors
The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup will become a 14 team, 54 match event in 2027 and 2031, whilst the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup will be expanded to a 20 team, 55 match event in 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030

Last edited:
A few years ago a Victorian state MP referred to the Maroons as the "Reds" at a press conference. It makes me wonder why we bother with Melbourne. If they still don't know the difference between RL and RU after 25 years of the Storm winning regularly then they'll never become fans of the game.

Canard

Immortal
A few years ago a Victorian state MP referred to the Maroons as the "Reds" at a press conference. It makes me wonder why we bother with Melbourne. If they still don't know the difference between RL and RU after 25 years of the Storm winning regularly then they'll never become fans of the game.
I know you're an insular ignorant dickhead, but it's a bit f**king rich considering our own chairman can't even pronounce Rugby League, and has struggled to name all the clubs involved.

Steel Saints

Juniors
The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup will become a 14 team, 54 match event in 2027 and 2031, whilst the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup will be expanded to a 20 team, 55 match event in 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030.

The beauty about this current 50 overs world cup is there's been some unpredictable results. Afghanistan and the Netherlands have caused a few upsets, while England, the defending champion is coming last.

There is only ten teams. The Windies failed to qualify. It will be interesting to see how the 20 team t/20 world cup unfolds. I don't think it will be as predictable as this WC, because the talent isn't there for 20 teams.

It's all well and good to expand tournaments, but you need to have the talent to back it up, otherwise it becomes a B grade event.

Latest posts