What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

gerg

Juniors
In all fairness to Suaalii no one could blame him for taking the money, it would take him more than 10yrs to earn that in the nrl. League is such a brutal sport you can be a rising star and then 1 minute later you get a serious injury and your finished ( Yow Yeh, Tuiaki and Suaaliis team mate Billy Smith )

Take the money while you can, i might even be tempted to watch a game...yea, Na

Agreed. That's a lot of money for doing f-all. That is generational wealth, especially if you throw in some other endorsements. By the time that contract expires you would assume he would be in his prime and could potentially maintain that level of earnings for another 5 years.

But seeing them do this shit again is stupid. Focus on keeping the juniors you do have instead of trying to lure them back. Clearly serious issues in their pathways. For 'elitist wankers' they sure are dumb.

t-ba

Post Whore
You’ve obviously not seen how these guys get wined and dined when on tour. They aren’t staying in Leeds and hitting the local chippy like the kangaroos lol

Mate, NAS defected to union and he got done for bashing a dude in Kuta. Fergo is languishing in Japanese prison because the bright spark thought doing some Charlie was a good idea.

I doubt these lads give much of a shit about being forced to suit up for a meal in a palace.

If you want to be a culture vulture you've got months of offseason to do it with the boatloads of cash you make playing either code.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
It's also a bizarre argument to talk about the chippy at Leeds.

The Norf has a bunch of Michelin starred restaurants if any of them are keen on that shit lol.

However I reckon most of them wouldn't mind a feed like this

donald-trump-fast-food.jpg

Steel Saints

Juniors
I can't believe that RA is trying to replicate what they did 20 years ago, which is to sign up league players on huge sums.

They got Rogers, Tuqiri and Sailor. What was the legacy of signing those players and the home world cup in 2003?

Now i don't follow rugby, but isn't the Wallabies perennial problem been the lack of forwards they produce.

Canard

Immortal
Union are cashed up because of a one off payment. How stupid are they in frittering it away on signing players from other codes on big money? That's how they frittered away their last windfall. Proves the idiots running that game have learned nothing.

Its like mortgaging your house, and then spending it all on hookers and cocaine.

Wait up, thats not a bad idea...........

Perth Red

Post Whore
“No doubt rugby league has done a much better job than us over the last 20 years, but more people play and watch rugby globally."

thats so ARU, yeh we're sht but look how good they are over there. No wonder their game in Australia is fcked!

Wb1234

Referee
Her problem is your stuck playing a game nobody cares about in australia
I can't believe that RA is trying to replicate what they did 20 years ago, which is to sign up league players on huge sums.

They got Rogers, Tuqiri and Sailor. What was the legacy of signing those players and the home world cup in 2003?

Now i don't follow rugby, but isn't the Wallabies perennial problem been the lack of forwards they produce.
Izzy Folau almost sent them broke

if the nrl was run like union is we would all be up in arms

Wb1234

Referee
800k in league plus potential origin bonuses

he won’t go to union for a million a season given the state of super rugby he will be playing in front of nobody

Perth Red

Post Whore
The thing I love is that the toff f**kers who proclaim to love the game of Union would never spend a single cent of their own money to save their club if it was in trouble.

Salt of the earth Leaguies would donate their last tooth to save their team.
TBf Twiggy not only saved his RU club but paid for a whole competition for them to play in lol