What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

taste2taste

Juniors
Interesting to read from a Union perspective...I was expecting it to be full of the usual drivel, leagues pinnacle is state v state because no one else plays it .. etc etc

NZ will get an Origin game soon, that will be a good gauge to see how Origin is recieved OS, you'd think Vegas and Manchester ( as the article mentions ) would also be successful at some piont down the line.

Wb1234

Referee
Interesting to read from a Union perspective...I was expecting it to be full of the usual drivel, leagues pinnacle is state v state because no one else plays it .. etc etc

NZ will get an Origin game soon, that will be a good gauge to see how Origin is recieved OS, you'd think Vegas and Manchester ( as the article mentions ) would also be successful at some piont down the line.
They are trying for Auckland 2027 but there’s some last minute hitch (article was paywall couldn’t read it)

Don't be fooled. The piece is chock-full of the usual drivel. The type of travelogue banalities that effortlessly flowed when the likes of the Daily Mail used to send their Union correspondent to the Challenge Cup Final.

The writer won't have a clue about the game of Rugby League. All he's primed to recognize is caricature. Brutality and hoopla for the masses. Redolent of a sympathetic George Orwell essay on working-class pastimes.