What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17 2024: 530pm Eels v Knights GAME DAY THREAD @ MJ Stadium June 29th

Gronk

Staff member
Baz spoke really well at the presser tbf. Made his thoughts clear on some pretty ordinary calls without losing the plot.
So what is the official rule about the rolling ball decision? Fox’s “journalism” is to simoly repeat what Alexander said. f**king find out to dickhead.

I don’t know the rule, but if you can slide the ball onto the line, can’t you roll it ?

What happened after Sivo passed it back ? They called it a knock on and wouldn’t examine it futher.

I guess Annesley will shrug his shoulders on Monday and say yeah soz. I mean, this is why we have the bunker - to avoid clangers.

Parra Pride

Referee
So what is the official rule about the rolling ball decision? Fox’s “journalism” is to simoly repeat what Alexander said. f**king find out to dickhead.

I don’t know the rule, but if you can slide the ball onto the line, can’t you roll it ?

What happened after Sivo passed it back ? They called it a knock on and wouldn’t examine it futher.

I guess Annesley will shrug his shoulders on Monday and say yeah soz. I mean, this is why we have the bunker - to avoid clangers.
The rolling shit doesn't matter, there is clearly a shot there where his hand is still on the ball and it touches the line. The Sivo pass that clearly went back getting called a knock on and nothing more being said about it was a much bigger f**k up.

Gronk

Staff member
I know this forum has gone into it’s usual meltdown after a loss, the whole team needs to be sacked etc, but FFS we lost by a few points on the back of two 90m tries by Best against the run of play and there were two absolute bunker clangers against us.

Anyway yesterday’s fish n chip paper. The ultimate difference last night was that their 2, 3, 4 & 5 were superior and outplayed us. That’s no news flash, cos everyone knows that we have no backs.

I don’t think that Sivo was that bad last night.

Blaize is out of position and still very young.

Russell is a good squad player. Not a starter in a good side.

Penisni had a shocker, but he is still only 21.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
I know this forum has gone into it’s usual meltdown after a loss, the whole team needs to be sacked etc, but FFS we lost by a few points on the back of two 90m tries by Best against the run of play and there were two absolute bunker clangers against us.

Anyway yesterday’s fish n chip paper. The ultimate difference last night was that their 2, 3, 4 & 5 were superior and outplayed us. That’s no news flash, cos everyone knows that we have no backs.

If you only think we lost because of the back line then you didn’t watch the game. Our starting forward pack (middles and edges) missed 26 tackles. The Knights only missed 10. Our piss weak forwards were at least as responsible as our back line

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
If you only think we lost because of the back line then you didn’t watch the game. Our starting forward pack (middles and edges) missed 26 tackles. The Knights only missed 10. That was the difference.
I don’t see the point in being overly pedantic here. You’re only doing what you accuse Pou of doing.

Yes, Brendan Hands et al missed a heap of tackles, but in this match, our backs or centres in particular missed crucial tackles that led to points.

If you want to have a stats off, look at the tackle breaks, line breaks etc.

Noise

Coach
I don’t see the point in being overly pedantic here. You’re only doing what you accuse Pou of doing.

Yes, Brendan Hands et all missed a heap of tackles, but in this match, our backs or centres in particular missed crucial tackles that led to points.

If you want to have a stats off, look at the tackle breaks, line breaks etc.
Yes they had more tackle breaks because our forwards missed so many more tackles than theirs. Line breaks were even at 7 each.

Gronk

Staff member
Yes they had more tackle breaks because our forwards missed so many more tackles than theirs. Line breaks were even at 7 each.
Ok, i will just leave this here then. You can argue with someone else about it.

IMG_1800.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg

King-Gutho94

Coach
Baz spoke really well at the presser tbf. Made his thoughts clear on some pretty ordinary calls without losing the plot.
We didn't get many calls all night.

I got no idea who was in the bunker but it seems like a clown show from top to bottom atm with the officiating across the board with the refs, touches, bunker.

In saying that 34 points to the Knights who have been struggling like dogballs with there attack all season is embarrassing.

Without Ponga it's even worse

King-Gutho94

Coach

I havent bothered reading 10-15 pages post game but losing to a dogshit Newcastle team without Ponga with the incumbent Kiwi 6 and NSW 7.

Why wouldnt the place be in meltdown.

You can't tell me we had a inferior side to Newcastle and should be conceding 34 points to a Fletcher Sharpe, Will Pryce, Jackson Hastings, Phoenix Crossland spine.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If you only think we lost because of the back line then you didn’t watch the game. Our starting forward pack (middles and edges) missed 26 tackles. The Knights only missed 10. Our piss weak forwards were at least as responsible as our back line
Defence wasn’t good enough and hasn’t been all year. 11 straight games where the opposition has scored 20 or more. That’s awful.

Soto

Bench
Any team that plays with urgency against us beats us. We have no idea how to stop momentum and the roll on yet we seem to not be able to do the same in attack.
We 💯 copped some absolute clanger calls from the ref, touchies and bunker last night. Inexcusable. It's what happens when your luck is down. Conversion attempts hit the post and go out not in.
However we drop our heads.
Our defence is horrid. We are just too slow and ill disciplined around the ruck.
Lazy players not focusing or watching what's going on...
An industrial street sweeper needs to be put through this team.
Too many overpaid, overrated players whose best days are behind them..
Please announce a new coach this week, bring some new faces into the team for the soufs game and hopefully start announcing some signings...
I don't think I will be alone in saying my membership won't be renewed next yr...I'm done..

yy_cheng

Coach
I havent bothered reading 10-15 pages post game but losing to a dogshit Newcastle team without Ponga with the incumbent Kiwi 6 and NSW 7.

Why wouldnt the place be in meltdown.

You can't tell me we had a inferior side to Newcastle and should be conceding 34 points to a Fletcher Sharpe, Will Pryce, Jackson Hastings, Phoenix Crossland spine.
A team is only as strong as its weakest links. We have a lot of weak links including coach leaving lane on and maka 1 stint like what's the point?

Individual mistakes in attack and defense by these weak links is what sinks the ship.

Latest posts