What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby Australia to target top NRL talent

You are aware the sualii is a representative player yeah?
Indeed I am. But according to other posters he's "not even an established, regular Origin player".

Which is fair enough really. I mean by the same token, Brenko Lee and Philip Sami are representative players too arent they?

But they're all a wee bit different to Lote and Wendell.

King hit

Coach
Curtis Rona walked on to the wing for the Wanabees a season after not getting offered a NRL contract.

Curtis f**king Rona.
img_0163-jpeg.95422

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 153

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
They didn't walk in; they played SR before making their test debuts. But regardless - they were rep wingers in league. Why is it a topic of conversation that two representative league wingers successfully converted into representative union wingers after a season playing SR?

Like I said, it would've more a surprise if that didn't happen.

And SBW wasn't a mainstay. He was very good, better than many here give him credit for, but up till 2015, in and around his return stint with the Roosters, he was second fiddle to Nonu.
Never played Union and waltzed straight into the Wallabies... Quality sport that Rugby Union 😂😂😂

King hit

Coach
Because it doesn't suit your agenda?
I find it impossible to respect a season where players were suspended for barber shop visits and bbq’s. Bennett went out to dinner and got busted. Teams had to fly in on game day and leave straight afterwards. That screws any preparation up big time. While the ones enforcing this didn‘t adhere to it themselves.

Sorry if I sound so angry but anything to do with that virus (I never refer to it by name) makes me instantly angry.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Which part of playing SR first isn’t computing for you?

And as others have already pointed out - your disdain is better saved for Australian rugby more specifically.
Wallaby games aren't until mid year, there was nothing else but Super (lol) Rugby to play before then, so stop with that excuse. They had never played Union and walked straight on to the world champion side

NZ are better, but not exempt, Thorn, SBW and RTS all made the ABs, only Benji didn't make a go of it.

Touchy when we criticise your favourite sport on a RL forum aren't you

Wallaby games aren't until mid year, there was nothing else but Super (lol) Rugby to play before then, so stop with that excuse. They had never played Union and walked straight on to the world champion side

NZ are better, but not exempt, Thorn, SBW and RTS all made the ABs, only Benji didn't make a go of it.

Touchy when we criticise your favourite sport on a RL forum aren't you
SR being their only opportunity to learn the game isn't an excuse, its reality.

They didn't walk into the test team because SR was their audition for that team. If they hadn't succeeded at SR level, they wouldn't have made the next level. Just like - as you have helpfully pointed out - Benji. Simple.

And I'm comfortable defending and being critical of rugby when I think its warranted. I've argued both sides on this thread and others. Its called perspective.

A better comparison for Sua'alli'i might be Matt Rogers. Rogers also played union as a school boy an even made schoolboy rep teams in Union. Became an established professional rugby league player before than switching to Union.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
SR being their only opportunity to learn the game isn't an excuse, its reality.

They didn't walk into the test team because SR was their audition for that team. If they hadn't succeeded at SR level, they wouldn't have made the next level. Just like - as you have helpfully pointed out - Benji. Simple.

And I'm comfortable defending and being critical of rugby when I think its warranted. I've argued both sides on this thread and others. Its called perspective.
Hilarious, that you think they needed an audition. RA knew they would walk straight into the team which is why huge sums were paid. Just like Sualii is being taken on tour this year with the national team without having played a single pro Union game because he already shits over anything they've got

Bazal

Post Whore
I find it impossible to respect a season where players were suspended for barber shop visits and bbq’s. Bennett went out to dinner and got busted. Teams had to fly in on game day and leave straight afterwards. That screws any preparation up big time. While the ones enforcing this didn‘t adhere to it themselves.

Sorry if I sound so angry but anything to do with that virus (I never refer to it by name) makes me instantly angry.

No word of a lie bruv this sounds like something you need to seek professional assistance for...

JamesRustle

First Grade
It's not arrogant to point out exactly what he's going to be doing.

Please enlighten me on exactly what it is he needs to learn
The only things I can think of are 1) to only go for an intecept if you are going to catch it cleanly and 2) don't tackle like you did in Origin.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Hilarious, that you think they needed an audition. RA knew they would walk straight into the team which is why huge sums were paid. Just like Sualii is being taken on tour this year with the national team without having played a single pro Union game because he already shits over anything they've got
Yep, RA in a completely different place than it was 20 years ago, where there was competition for spots in the Wallabies. They aint wasting $1m on a SR player to acclimatise... that would only leave 2 years before he activated his 2 year extension and completely drained the coffers... they need an immediate return on investment.

Latest posts