What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 2 bugs and gripes

bulldog

Bench
I'm picking up my copy tomorrow but I just found out there is no controller configuration options, not good.

A quick browse of sidhes forums and it seems ther are a few bugs as well.

Cammo

Bench
All software that is released has bugs in it. As long as they don't severly intefere with the gameplay then that is a good thing.

By the sounds of most people it seems like they are really enjoying it. I will find out tomorrow when I pick up my copy from the store near work.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
great game but some bs things happen...

the last guy i played online kept pausing, he also had a custom team..which was weird..

rabs

Staff member
heaps better then the first one
the stats however are a disgrace as per the first game
John Sutton rated 6 attack 5 defence
if the odd stat was off it would be acceptable but it's plague proportion

Eelementary

Post Whore
rabs said:
heaps better then the first one
the stats however are a disgrace as per the first game
John Sutton rated 6 attack 5 defence
if the odd stat was off it would be acceptable but it's plague proportion

Yeah that's what I'm worried about...The statistics are based on the early season form of players...

I'm concerned at how Tim Smith will be portrayed...

Special K

Coach
Its gay how some nuffys make rep teams. Stosic made NZ and he hardly got a run for me and how the created players made the squad at a overall rating of 4 is gay.

But it is cool to have it based on form so its not all that bad.

brendothejet

First Grade
I've spent the day/night playing the game. It is fantastic. Everything is totally customisable so don't worry if some stats are out. they can be fixed with patches or a bit of time modding.

There are a couple glitches...

The following things happen:

Penalty: Kick for touch - then a scrum packs down. Wrong.
Penalty: Opponent kicked for goal, missed, went dead. 20 metre PLACE KICK restart. Wrong.
Knock On: Opponent knocked on propelling the ball into the in goal. I picked it up and was tackled. Line drop out. WRONG - cost me the game too!
Player landed over the line, stood up and played the ball in goal. This one saved me from losing, but its still wrong. Can see it biting me on the arse later.

So apart from those few things the game is brilliant. Stunning graphics and great comms from vossy. It is a very difficult game and there are so many great teams and stadia to play.

I've been playing rl1 up until yesterday. this game has 3 times the longevity.

9/10.

Jono078

Referee
Ive found no bugs yet. Besides 1 time where Finch Kicked out on the full (atleast it looked like it, was close to the line and I caught it and they got the scrum).

Game is great now after playing it a lil more.

Editing team lineups is probably worse imo now, but easier to find a player.

Have to save before each match in competition and Franchise is a lil annoying (Didnt have to do that in RL1, but this is a way bigger game anyway.)

Besides all that im starting to like it very much.

Razor

Coach
Jono078 said:
Ive found no bugs yet. Besides 1 time where Finch Kicked out on the full (atleast it looked like it, was close to the line and I caught it and they got the scrum).

That's the correct rule. If they kick it 20m over the sideline and you catch it (on the full) then it's regarded as you taking the ball into touch, and not them kicking it out on the full.

Jono078

Referee
Ok thanks, never knew that.

Also does anyone find the menu sometimes to be none responsive? PS2 mainly while using the D-Pad?

An41

Juniors
brendothejet said:
I've spent the day/night playing the game. It is fantastic. Everything is totally customisable so don't worry if some stats are out. they can be fixed with patches or a bit of time modding.

There are a couple glitches...

Penalty: Opponent kicked for goal, missed, went dead. 20 metre PLACE KICK restart. Wrong.
Knock On: Opponent knocked on propelling the ball into the in goal. I picked it up and was tackled. Line drop out. WRONG - cost me the game too!
Player landed over the line, stood up and played the ball in goal. This one saved me from losing, but its still wrong. Can see it biting me on the arse later.

So apart from those few things the game is brilliant. Stunning graphics and great comms from vossy. It is a very difficult game and there are so many great teams and stadia to play.

I've been playing rl1 up until yesterday. this game has 3 times the longevity.

9/10.

You cannot be serious,would've thought they fixed those glitches

brooksy19

Bench
brendothejet said:

Never happened to me.

If you mean Drop Kick...Thats the correct ruling. If you mean tap restart then thats an annoying bug, but can be easily patched (PC Version)

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Razor said:
That's the correct rule. If they kick it 20m over the sideline and you catch it (on the full) then it's regarded as you taking the ball into touch, and not them kicking it out on the full.

From the rule book "Where the ball which is stationary in the field of play or the ingoal area comes in contact with a player in touch, touch ingoal or over the dead ball line, the ball is deemed to have been made dead by that player."

However, if the ball is moving and it is touched by a player who is in touch then the player has not made it dead.​

The Engineers Room

First Grade
brooksy19 said:
brendothejet said:

Never happened to me.

If you mean Drop Kick...Thats the correct ruling. If you mean tap restart then thats an annoying bug, but can be easily patched (PC Version)

A place kick is a tap

PJ Marshal

Coach
ive found the commentary to sound pretty poor, sounds like vossy is comentating from outside of the stadium

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I"m having problems with commentary and music.

The start up and menu audio is fine. Once the game commences the commentary is laggy,scratchy and jittery. From there on every piece of audio is the same.

Driver issues or do I need to introduce my PC to a sledgehammer?

Latest posts