What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

Danish

Referee
In other words "we're nowhere near talented enough to create a quality game for such highly specced machines, and as such will be sticking with the least powerful one with the worst graphics and lowest resolution so that the magnitude of the sh*tness of our product isn't truly shown"

or......

"We do not have the money to spend tens of millions of dollars on development in order to get to the level of Madden of FIFA when the game will be lucky to sell a million copies worldwide."

Mario

Juniors
To clear up some misconceptions in this thread

- HES has the NRL, SL, and various other licenses, not Sidhe. We are not in a position to give up or hand over any licenses because we do not have any.

- HES is the publisher of the Rugby League series which means they are the ones that decide which platforms the series is done on, not Sidhe. They are the ones who provide the official customer and product support, not Sidhe. They are also the ones who provide primary QA on the product, and they are also the ones who decide whether a product should be patched or recalled/replaced

- rugby league is unfortunately a niche sport whether we like it or not, and that means that the development budgets that the series gets are lower than all parties would like, and certainly lower than almost all other sports games on the market. That means developing for 360 and PS3 is a much riskier business proposition when the install bases for those platforms are not sufficient to automatically offset increased development costs.

- HES has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to the Rugby League franchise by continuing to publish titles in the series. At a time where a company like EA has abandoned their Rugby and Cricket franchises because they see the markets for those sports as too small even though those are both larger than the rugby league market, HES continues to publish Rugby League products

- Sidhe has the capability to produce 360 and PS3 games. We have already shipped multiple download titles across both these platforms and are wrapping up a retail 360 and PS3 title. Just because we have not been able to reach an agreement with HES for creating a 360 and/or PS3 version of Rugby League doesn't mean we couldn't do one, only that we aren't prepared to do one for the budget and terms on offer as we don't feel the quality would be sufficient

- everybody is free to purchase any of our titles or not. For those that are skeptical about the quality of Rugby League 3, I would suggest you do not preorder and wait until after the game is released to read reviews and hear other user impressions. For those of you that do pick up the game eventually, we appreciate your support.

I hope that clears some things up.

We will be providing more information on the game over time via the official game discussion forums.

MattYg1

Bench
And from what i hear from a few sources of mine sounds like you lads at Sidhe have done a bang up job with this one Mario...

That wasnt sarcasm either, that was a legit statement...

Suffice to say im getting excited...

MattYg1

Bench
Bah, as good as this one could possibly be it's still on a Wii :x

dont let that point allow you to be too dubious...

The Wii, for all its casual garbage, when used well it can turn out some impressive titles... Mario Galaxy, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes etc...

One thing that Sidhe and HES have done here just making it for the Wii allows them better usage of time and resources towards the one console rather then multiplatform releases.

It is actually more of a positive step fowared then you would think.

While its not on an actual next gen console i guess beggers (us) cant be choosers and I have a feeling we will be somewhat surprised when this comes out.

tiburon

Juniors

The Wii, for all its casual garbage, when used well it can turn out some impressive titles... Mario Galaxy, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes etc...

One thing that Sidhe and HES have done here just making it for the Wii allows them better usage of time and resources towards the one console rather then multiplatform releases.

While its not on an actual next gen console i guess beggers (us) cant be choosers and I have a feeling we will be somewhat surprised when this comes out.

Agreed, am immensely looking forward to the RL3 game along with No More Heroes 2 both only on Wii.

Jono078

Referee

No, I'm not really saying because it's on Wii that's sh*t. I'm saying it's on Wii, which I don't have so I wont be playing this game even if it is good.

MattYg1

Bench
No, I'm not really saying because it's on Wii that's sh*t. I'm saying it's on Wii, which I don't have so I wont be playing this game even if it is good.

Duuuude... I hear that the Wii will be undergoing a tremendous $100 price drop round xmas time...

I have a strong feeling that this game will exceed expectations...

MattYg1

Bench
So what did you hear?.

Well I wont say much because I am not at liberty to do so due to publishing issues BUT HES interactive have been showing a demo off to certain gaming outlets throughout sydney...

A mate of mine actually got his hands on it for a little and had nothing but great things to say...

I am aware that without substantial evidence this kind of information is seen as bullsh!t and thats fine if you think it is, I would under normal circumstances...

McLovin

Staff member
My biggest problem with RL2 was that it was so easy. If they can make it sufficiently difficult I would be happy.

Agreed...some sort of slider system like the ones used in the NBA 2K series...not just easy, medium, hard or what ever it is...

McLovin

Staff member
I haven't read through this thread but i'm gonna ask...will this be coming out on the PS3 anytime??

MattYg1

Bench
I haven't read through this thread but i'm gonna ask...will this be coming out on the PS3 anytime??

No its Wii exclusive... but lets not rule out future possibilities...

and yes cupids correct RL2 had a pretty decent slider system that somewhat made it more enjoyable.

Gregbyday

Juniors
I do not own any platform ATM..
Actually not since my Pot smokin days.. Used to play Lomu's rugby heaps with a mate. We used to comment how good would it be if it was league.

But even though I am not a gamer anymore I will buy Wii just for this game...

No matter how good. Just to get me through the off season.

Ausguy

Coach
nah dont do that gregbyday.... ive got a wii and really i cant committ to any game that i own on that system, i cant get into any of them.... im too much of a serious gamer and it really doesnt appeal. DONT buy a console for one game... massive mistake.