What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

Typical canberra season got 8 key players out injured (Campese 19 weeks!, Dugan 6, Croker 7 etc) now on a 3 game losing streak heaading to Olympic park to play the storm seems like misson impossible!

applesauce

Bench
I can't believe you still can't should charge.

It's what I saw a lot of complaints about the first 2. FFS my iphone NFL backbreaker app has a great shoulder charge engine (some wouldn't be too realistic for RL ones though).

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I think its stupid some of the tackles.

yeah and you cant attempt diving tackles on players close to the tryline...

i still enjoy it despite it's quirks and i really hope they do a 4th version and really iron out some of the gameplay issues esp in regards to the comp throwing the ball around like hot potato and not ebing able to shut down the play cos the defenders havent bothered turning around to catch up

i'm wondeirng whetehr to make it more realistic you need to edit all the players - put the forwards tackle break ability up but lower their stamina to make them actually do something and lower the outside backs tackle break ability but increase their stamina so over a longer period of time they'll be mroe effective against tiring defences....

course i aint editiing all those players....

Danish

Referee
I actually found manually controlling the defensive line helps immensely in shutting down the opposition when they start throwing the ball around.

Moving the line left or right with the ball and compressing it when they make a break up the middle works wonders, otherwise the only players chasing a runaway fullback up the middle of the park are the forwards.

perverse

Referee
how do you move the D line left and right?

i'll post my team when i get home. 3rd or 4th year into franchise.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
how do you move the D line left and right?

the D pad - the cross under the left analog stick.
Left -shifts the line to screen left
Right - screen right
Down - Compresses
Up-normal

may have up and down mixed up...

Danish are you shifting the line whilst the balls being chucked around?

Robster

Bench
The next rugby league 3 game should have each sides greatest team with laurie daley, alan langer , brad fittler e.t.c plus teams of the past.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Sounds like the Wii suffers from the a lot of the same issues RL 1&2 had...
Complaints were rife with the first 2 yet nothing was fixed...something tells me that the next version will have the same problems. Until they start listening to the customers they wont get money from me.

Danish

Referee
What problems are there with the current game??

I've clocked up hours on it so far and haven't encountered a single glitch.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
What problems are there with the current game??

I've clocked up hours on it so far and haven't encountered a single glitch.

i wouldnt say they have major glitches or bugs but there is issues with the AI, such as fullbacks running away from grubbers, props dropping abck to guard against 40/20's, your kickers not being where you want them to be, players with good passing ratings chucking the ball over the sideline from the kick off even when there are players in a good position to catch the ball...

occasionally in the defensive line players will only bother retreating back about 5m and stop (both comp and player teams). they'll do this even if there's a slow play the ball, i dunno whetehr its emant to represent them as tired...but they'll stand there and blow their nose :lol:

so they've based all models off Feleti Mateo then lol
and inu...

played NQ the other night and bowen blitzed me everytime he got into any space, little bastard scored 4 tries

Danish

Referee
I've noticed the nose blowing thing... assume its a fatigue thing too.

Some of the little animations they make them do are a little puzzling, although some are also downright awesome. Nothing better than seeing your player streaking away after a particularly good move and to then see him raise his arm in victory as you are about to cross the try line :D

nöyd

Staff member
finally picked it up this arvo with a GC controller (which I've never even held before much less used), first game on 2nd lowest difficulty - Eels vs. Knights, Knights up 6-0 with time running out, Inu runs 90 metres and scores, 20 out from touch. Burt misses the conversion :(

Second game was an Origin friendly, I wiped QLD like a dirty ass 38 to 18, so I thought it was time to crank up the AI and start a franchise.

Playing on Legend and the Warriors tanned me 48-0.

Not as easy as RL1 and 2 methinks. Will get stuck back in to it tonight.

mortz

i love the game, have racked up so many hours.
for the next game i would like this to happen....
in franchise, full control of your club, including toyota cup and nw cup. i flick the the standing and see the toyota cup is being played but cant access teams or players, some of the players in the tc i would like to sign so this should be available.
have all 3 grades, have the appropriate 3 salary caps to manage as well.
i would like to also negotiate with different sponsors ala fifa... and every couple or years be able to change jerseys. i would also like little things like season ticket holders and access to finances in it.

on the nsw cup, i would like that in the next game, and full access to play and control your feeder team. would like the qld cup in it as well.

i dont understand why they put div 1 and 2 in the superleague in it and not be able to play in them. my cousin plays for the keighley cougars and i would have loved the challenge of trying to get them promoted.

with the toyota cup, and having full access in it, i would like a my player situation in it like the nba 2k10, where you play games and if you win, you can stat out the toyota cup players in you top 25 and apprentice squad so you can build the stars of the future from your club.

anyone else had these thoughts or anything like it?

other than that i like the game play and everything else....

natheel

Coach
yeh those add ons would be great mortz would make it more interesting to play for longer periods for me, im having a break from it atm haha