What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

adamkungl

Immortal
To those excusing Sidhe for pumping out sh*te because they don't have much money:

I can understand not putting the game on 360 and PS3 due to the rather larger development costs - although RL was on both PS2 and Xbox last gen, which were the premier consoles at the time, so I'm not entirely sure how much truth there is to this excuse. But whatever, doesn't particular bother me, as long as the game is good.

However, good solid gameplay is only marginally dependant on money - perhaps a few weeks more time going into testing and bugfixing. The big money goes into massive teams doing amazing high res graphics - which is not going to happen on Wii.

Money is no excuse for stupid bugs, rules being wrong. Even worse, in RL1 and 2, even ignoring the bugs the gameplay just hasn't been very good compared to other sports games on the market. There is no depth or real strategy. Just pass it to the player with good stats, run at the line and press the sidestep button. RL1, 2, and WC have all failed from a design perspective.

beave

Coach
I agree Adam, having the wrong rules is just plain lazy and shows a complete lack of respect to the users that pay their hard earned $$$$$$$ for the steaming pile of turd.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I can understand not putting the game on 360 and PS3 due to the rather larger development costs - although RL was on both PS2 and Xbox last gen, which were the premier consoles at the time, so I'm not entirely sure how much truth there is to this excuse.

Cost of development gets cheaper every year on a console from the year it's lauched and both RL games came later in the PS2/Xbox lifespan so it's a fair argument.

But you're right, good basic mechanics don't cost millions. Sidhe are just useless at what they do.

Geohood

Bench
New screenshots they added:

RL3_screenshot0013.jpg

RL3_screenshot0014.jpg

RL3_screenshot0016.jpg

RL3_screenshot0017.jpg

Simo

First Grade
looks good enough, who cares about fancy graphics, we need some gameplay! I dont care if it is stick rugby league as long as the gameplay is top of the list.

Phillips

Referee
lomu rugby was awesome, the palming abilities of lomu were sensational i cud wipe out qhole teams with him

huge garry owens

was an awesome game.

but lost my first copy of it when i leant it to someone in high school.. so glad i found another copy last year when i was in alice springs though.

LESStar58

Referee
What sh*ts me most about the RL games that Sidhe bought out is that they bring them out when the season is FINISHED! Surely they can time it a bit better and bring it out at the start of the season with all the rosters in tact? cutie will be in this game but shouldn't be and really... who wants him there?

Big Pete

Referee
Me. :)

And probably the odd jaded fan, edit his stats to 0 so they can potentially cripple him on the field. ;-)

Special K

Coach
They should really hold it back and release it with the NRL season.

Surely the trade off from the x-mas market for the potential promotion they could do is a good trade off. Then again they probably have no marketing money..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Geniuses. Put Olympic Park in when it's no longer used for RL :lol:

Simo

First Grade
Fair Call

agree, the last thing I would bitch about when thinking of a footy game, just hope to god it has some gameplay, I wouldnt care if it was a generic stadium like ETs n ARL and had comodore 64 graphics as long as the bloody game is playable!

Latest posts