What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 3 for Wii

Gregbyday

Juniors
I think it would be the only game I would play..

I don't get that much down time. So when I do it would be great to play a Rugby League game.

Thanks for the advice.

What about Rugby games. Are they as boring as the real thing.. Because I did enjoy lomus rugby and would look at another platform if a union game was really good.

Cheers GBD

Ausguy

Coach
not enough money to be made in aleague game so we will never ever get one as good as say madden or fifa.... shame really cos it would be awesome.

you can try rugby by EA but at the end of the day its union and it well sux.

MattYg1

Bench
not enough money to be made in aleague game so we will never ever get one as good as say madden or fifa.... shame really cos it would be awesome.

you can try rugby by EA but at the end of the day its union and it well sux.

Yes your right, that is a good summary for the market now, however Sidhe and HES have surprised me somewhat strategically... and it could work particularly well with just how great a season the NRL has had this year...

While I think with the finals series and all they have dropped the ball marketing wise... why there aren't trailers released for say both last weeks qualifying finals match and another for the grand final I can only imagine that its due to some publishing issues I know that HES are going through...

But strategically making this game on the Wii is quite a clever move cost wise for the short term and in future versions of the game for the long term... If they can show off that they can make a good league game that plays well then the sky could be the limit...

To say we will never get one as good as madden or fifa isn't entirely true, it will take a lot of time and truely depend on how well this next one sells SO Gregbyday if you want to go out and buy a Wii for this one game I say do it... Everybody should... you want a good league game to come out consistently the only way thats going to happen is to support the ones we have coming out now... which are few and far between, but that could all change ;-)

ByRd

First Grade
Why wouldnt you release it during rugby league season, i know Christmas is a busy time but there are more people thinking about league during the season so it would be smarter to release it then

Simo

First Grade
Why wouldnt you release it during rugby league season, i know Christmas is a busy time but there are more people thinking about league during the season so it would be smarter to release it then

Disagree, in a niche market they need to maximise sales and Christmas time will do that. People do not instantly forget what RL is over summer, and the pre season will be in full swing shortly after.

Advertising would be great if its not ready to ship in the finals time, but a release primmed for the Chrissy rush is a proven winner.

PJ Marshal

Coach
I do not own any platform ATM..
Actually not since my Pot smokin days.. Used to play Lomu's rugby heaps with a mate. We used to comment how good would it be if it was league.

But even though I am not a gamer anymore I will buy Wii just for this game...

No matter how good. Just to get me through the off season.

lomu rugby was awesome, the palming abilities of lomu were sensational i cud wipe out qhole teams with him

huge garry owens

beave

Coach
i played RL2 last week for a couple of hours, man that game is terrible.

In one game,I missed a penalty goal but the opposition caught it in the in-goal on the full with my players charging through looking for blood, but instead of it being play on, the pricks got a 20m tap.......................WTF?????????

Geohood

Bench
Australian cover art they've released:

attachment.php

I'm intrigued to see the control, to see if they'll actually use motion (for kicks maybe)?

Or am I thinking wayyyyy too far ahead?

Alex Krycek

Juniors
Rugby league 2 did have a game slider system, it was in customise game.
BUT it was basically useless, because you couldn't make the slider values different for humans and CPUs. Other games like Madden etc. have a slider for humans and CPUs, which allows you to modify the difficulty to suit your skill level.

Latest posts