What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby league crisis not hitting WA interest

LESStar58

Referee
Good to hear, if you had the big red V on Lesstar it would have been an eventfull afternoon/evening/weekend with the gals. ;-)

That's what I'm saying. Most people will ask you about it if they see you in a Storm jersey. Even on the day of and after Origin I wore my Maroons jersey to work and had heaps of people ask me about the game, the code etc.

Mate, if you came down to Melbourne and wore a Saints jersey every merkin would ask you how the Swans are doing or mistake the Red V for a Swans jersey. I sh*t you not!

In the meantime, I'll be coming to take all the Red V wearing girls by Storm when I show up to Oki on August 31!

:lol:

_Johnsy

Referee
That's what I'm saying. Most people will ask you about it if they see you in a Storm jersey. Even on the day of and after Origin I wore my Maroons jersey to work and had heaps of people ask me about the game, the code etc.

Mate, if you came down to Melbourne and wore a Saints jersey every merkin would ask you how the Swans are doing or mistake the Red V for a Swans jersey. I sh*t you not!

In the meantime, I'll be coming to take all the Red V wearing girls by Storm when I show up to Oki on August 31!

:lol:

I will be doing all I can to get down for the saints v storm game in melbourne 2010. I'll buy the 1st beer before the game.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Dose anyone else get this feeling that Rugby League in Melbourne is about to have a massive growth spurt? It just seems that alof of momentum is building down ther efor Rugby League.

MsStorm

Bench
Dose anyone else get this feeling that Rugby League in Melbourne is about to have a massive growth spurt? It just seems that alof of momentum is building down ther efor Rugby League.

Hope your right..but I think moreso it was about the build up to Origin 1 and the Storm/Broncos game and the Swine Flu:D

Perth Red

Post Whore
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=147&ContentID=147428

Rabbitohs match on track for a sell-out

11th June 2009, 18:00 WST

Saturday night's NRL match in Perth represents a chance to turn around the league’s fortunes, according to South Sydney Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson.
Richardson flew into Perth this afternoon with the Rabbitohs squad, which is due to play Melbourne Storm at Members Equity Stadium.
He told press conference involving both teams at Forrest Place that the match was on track to be a sell-out, with more 13,000 tickets sold so far.
“This is a really a great exercise if we can sell out on Saturday night,” he said.
“It’s a positive and it’s been a fairly tough season so far, so hopefully it might turn the whole season around for everyone, including us.”
Richardson said the match represented a positive story amid publicity over player behaviour and the swine flu
The game is a home match for the Rabbitohs, which have flagged committing to playing two matches a year in Perth for the next three years if the fixture proves a success.
Richardson confirmed South Sydeny co-owner Russell Crowe was unlikely to attend the match because of being involved with filming in Wales for the feature film Robin Hood.
PERTH
DALE MILLER

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
13,000 sold and forcast is good, can't wait!

Shame Rusty wasn't in town, the Perthites love a celebrity and would have really given the game a huge profile boost.

Will this convince Sth's to commit to two games in perth a year? This is were the NRL could really help out, supporting Sth's to do that. In th egrand scheme of things would cost very little and is a cheap and easy way for the NRL to test WA's readiness for a team.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

Yeah agreed. The Storm started up in 1998, all those kids who were born in the late 90's are just turning ten. To re-use the AFL's Sydney propaganda "Melbourne is about to be hit by a RL tsunami".

Surely

Post Whore
Yeah agreed. The Storm started up in 1998, all those kids who were born in the late 90's are just turning ten. To re-use the AFL's Sydney propaganda "Melbourne is about to be hit by a RL tsunami".

Yeah right :lol:

There are about 6 people in melbourne who give a sh*t about league.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The West today had 2 full pages on RL. We are normally lucky to get 2inches on a Friday! What a difference having a NRL presence will make.

joshreading

Staff member
Yeah right :lol: There are about 6 people in melbourne who give a sh*t about league.

More people watched the State of Origin in Melbourne then are in the Shire. Also who has higher average crowds at present Melbourne or Sharks?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The WARL are confident tomorrow nights game will get over 15,000 WA RL fans attending. Great effort by all involved and thanks to Sth's for giving us an opportunity to provide evidence that Perth will be ready for an NRL team by 2013.

Today we had a Reds/Souths sportsman luncheon where the WA Reds bid team presented its plans for our submission and how we will go about convincing the NRL that Perth can not only support a team but how we will add value and expansion to the NRL and the code.

Here's to a good game and me not getting too drunk!

Last edited:

Latest posts