What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'll still buy the game but I think leaving out the ability to update squads in Franchise mode is really sh*tty.

Gotta love the people on FB getting all defensive of the company and calling everyone whingers etc..

If no one complains then how will they know to fix it down the track? It's called feeback. Most companies appreciate it, weather it's good or bad.

That said. Glad that there's finally a release date.

MattYg1

Bench
I'll still buy the game but I think leaving out the ability to update squads in Franchise mode is really sh*tty.

Gotta love the people on FB getting all defensive of the company and calling everyone whingers etc..

If no one complains then how will they know to fix it down the track? It's called feeback. Most companies appreciate it, weather it's good or bad.

Spot on... i was attacked slightly on the Sidhe forums for questioning the lack of official footage compared to the iphone footage.

And I think with some of the features and the way that RLL2 steps it up from RLL1 shows that Big Ant do listen to peoples concerns...

Possible patch perhaps? not likely but at the very least it will be rectified in RLL3... that i am more then sure of...

natheel

Coach

Agree they can see its a mistake and have admitted fault. Like I said what's done is done and they're confident every aspect of the game will outweigh that one detail brin left out

natheel

Coach
For the 2 comps can we have a trade block for the next 3 weeks? We all put some players on the trade block and we sort out trades with other sides. Then we just customize our team accordingly for when we play eachother?

azsportza

Live Update Team
For the 2 comps can we have a trade block for the next 3 weeks? We all put some players on the trade block and we sort out trades with other sides. Then we just customize our team accordingly for when we play eachother?

That is an option I think what we need to do is have a look at exact what online options we have with the game before we make a decision.

saints4ever

First Grade
Same as most on here, cant believe they wouldnt allow custom players in franchise. The fact that they said it was a mistake means it wouldve been up for discussion at some point and dismissed. Why? Was really looking forward to creating me and my mates and taking them through a career. As I'm sure most were.

Anyway, hopefully they get it right with the next one. Disappointing.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Started playing RLL1 again. Forgot how woeful that game is. And forgot how woeful i am at it.

It's half time, the sausage rolls are here!

Who said you still can't play franchise? There is still every NRL, ESL, NYC, NSW/QLD cup player to play with... There is online too.

I say. The game is already out of date and there's no way to change it in franchise mode. I don't care for online mode it's full of nerds who rage quit to protect stats and spam cheap shit.

Parra Pride

Referee
Does anyone else like the idea of creating our own custom teams in the 360 and PS3 comps, and working out some kind of draft to avoid any double up players? It would certainly help to avoid having two or more of the same team.

Iafeta

Referee
Looking at the gameplay video... defence looks poor like in past games.. it looks easy to offload again and it seems as if defence is a series of wrestling belly to belly holds... it just looks unnatural.

Big Pete

Referee
I say organise it after the first season.

Inevitably some players will drop off leaving only the diehards and by then we'll all be familiar with the overall value of each player.

Looking at the gameplay video... defence looks poor like in past games.. it looks easy to offload again and it seems as if defence is a series of wrestling belly to belly holds... it just looks unnatural.
All of the videos are being played on easy difficulty. In no way are they representative of how the game will play in more experienced hands.

If you want to wait, there will be plenty of better gameplay vids put up around and after release so keep an eye out and make your mind up then.

This game has lots of depth that is going to show when the game is better understood and when our experience levels rise.

This game is deffinitely no pick up n play, you have to go through the tutorials and practice to get good at it.

I will still buy this even though we cant have custom players/teams in franchise at least we will be able to play with 2013 squads in competition/online. Looking forward to this one though since the last 1 was shithouse last best rugby league game i played was rl2!

MattYg1

Bench
More amateur footage uploaded on the sidhe forums last night...

Whats the bet that the "official" footage released is a psuedo montage/slideshow of the actual event they threw last night mostly showing peoples reactions to playing the game...