What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Ausguy

Coach
So the game is better yes, but need more time with it to fully grasp its new depth?.

Absolutely Radman...

that is exactly what i mean. Anyoen worried about intercepts or small glitches needs not worry. As a first instalment this is a huge PASS. Once you add career into what ive seen tonight it will become much better.

Put it this way, i didnt see one thing that made me think... gawd why did i waste my time coming here for.

Danish

Referee
Is it important to get the forwards making hitups to lay a platform for the backs, or are they ineffective like in every League game?

From the limited game time I got, and the other games I watched, forwards we're much better at bashing their way through the line and fending people off. This made it much easier gaining ground out of your own end.

If you try to swing it every tackle (which most people did) you often found yourself on the last tackle and having made bugger all ground.

I think with more game time hey could be very effective at bashing through the line then popping a pass,

Ausguy

Coach
Can you make quick play the balls?

I asked this... yes you can by hitting A repeatedly (think it was A), however if the opposition is hitting Y they hold you down so there is a balance, hold down too long penalty,dont hold down at all they get a quick play the ball

Repeated high shots or infringments = BIN TIME

Absolutely Radman...

that is exactly what i mean. Anyoen worried about intercepts or small glitches needs not worry. As a first instalment this is a huge PASS. Once you add career into what ive seen tonight it will become much better.

Put it this way, i didnt see one thing that made me think... gawd why did i waste my time coming here for.
Thanks mate, legend.:)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I asked this... yes you can by hitting A repeatedly (think it was A), however if the opposition is hitting Y they hold you down so there is a balance, hold down too long penalty,dont hold down at all they get a quick play the ball

I like the sound of that actually.

Ausguy

Coach
If that's all they want they could have released it. :D

Just on the release, at the end of the night Sabastian (head honcho that was there) spoek of the release date and said he wishes it was out 6 months ago, however he expects the game to be finished within the next 2 days.

Then it goes for approval at sony and microsoft which can take between 2 weeks and 3 months (he believes that wont be the case) and from there production takes around 6 weeks however this could be shorter...

long story short he actually cant give a release date cos he doesnt have one, apoligised for that and said if he could speed it up he would.

There are issues with holding it off until the start of next season as NRL wont permit it and he also doesnt believe it will be as long a wait as christmas.... so take that as you will.

The wait will be worth it IMO.

natheel

Coach
No and No. Sorry they simply just wanted people to play

No worries just thought they may have had a q and a type thing prior. On player likenesses who were you most impressed with? And any players that didn't look like themselves in real life?

Ausguy

Coach
No worries just thought they may have had a q and a type thing prior. On player likenesses who were you most impressed with? And any players that didn't look like themselves in real life?

All good mate...

Player liknesses, well as i played from end view up high it wasnt really obvious however some i remember...

Barba, carney, thaiday, soward, farah, benji were all standouts... very good. Others were just as good but i cant remember them all...

Animations for a first up effort were good, carney kicks a goal, and bothers to pick up the kicking tee... a nice touch.

Ausguy

Coach
Have any of you three played rugby challenge? If so, comparisons to gameplay?

Very positive info. Thanks for sharing.

NO mate i havent... i heard people talking about comparisons but mostly it was "we learnt this from RC and we changed this to avoid it" kind of conversations. Example being apparently there were issues with RC where you couldnt play 2 teams in perth or it would crash? anyway... thats it

NO mate i havent... i heard people talking about comparisons but mostly it was "we learnt this from RC and we changed this to avoid it" kind of conversations. Example being apparently there were issues with RC where you couldnt play 2 teams in perth or it would crash? anyway... thats it

All good. Thanks for the info but I wish I hadn't read it now I am too keen for the game :lol:

Parra Pride

Referee
Just on the release, at the end of the night Sabastian (head honcho that was there) spoek of the release date and said he wishes it was out 6 months ago, however he expects the game to be finished within the next 2 days.

Then it goes for approval at sony and microsoft which can take between 2 weeks and 3 months (he believes that wont be the case) and from there production takes around 6 weeks however this could be shorter...

long story short he actually cant give a release date cos he doesnt have one, apoligised for that and said if he could speed it up he would.

There are issues with holding it off until the start of next season as NRL wont permit it and he also doesnt believe it will be as long a wait as christmas.... so take that as you will.

The wait will be worth it IMO.

I just wish someone hadn't said it will be out in the finals when they still had all this to go through. Hopefully mid October at the latest, just so I have some time to sink into this before Halo.

Dragon

Coach
Ok dont wanna be too pessimistic but some of the comments on the sidhe forums arent sounding very good. Too many intercepts, balls into the crowd, forwards on the wing etc.

And once again Trublu will miss the perfect release window of the finals and this is going to hurt their sales. You would think they'd adjust their f*cking dev cycle based on past experience. If i were in charge i'd be inclined to delay release to March 2013, update the squads, iron out the bugs and promote the hell out of it leading into the new season. Buuuut i have a feelin that isnt gonna happen

Thanks for the feedback guys