What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

dogslife

Coach
Does anyone here own the UK version?

Just wanna know if I buy the UK version will I still be able to download the latest patch from the Playstation store

natheel

Coach
Does anyone know if this is available as a full download on the PS store? I preordered my ps4 and don't want to lose this game

dev'o

Juniors
I think the one thing that annoys me is when you replace a team in the career mode, you end up playing your home games at that teams home stadium. E.g I replaced Cronulla with my West Coast Pirates team and they play all their games out of Shark Park! :(

natheel

Coach
My seasons as Eels
2013 - 7th knocked out by Warriors first final
2014 - 5th knocked out by Titans preliminary Finals
2015 - 4th premiers

2016 team

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Ken Sio
3. Cheyse Blair
4. Jamal Idris
5. Manu Vatuvai
6. Corey Norman
7. Me (bought from Dragons)
8. Tim Mannah
9. Nathan Peats
10. Lee Mossop
11. Pauli Pauli
12. Gareth Hock
13. Danny Washbrook (Wakefield)
14. Peni Terepo
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Sam Kasiano
17. Kenny Edwards

Frederick

Staff member
Pauli Pauli is a gun. I bought him for the knights and he quickly became a mainstay in the second row

On the flip side, Aaron woods is rubbish

natheel

Coach
Just won 2016 gf v manly 28-10
Down 10-0 half time but smashed them in the second

About to play Warrington in the world club challenge

3 major buys
Ryan James - Sharks
Michael Oldfield - Roosters
Ben Hunt - Broncos

3 major losses
Danny Washbrook - Raiders
Ken Sio - Warriors
Corey Norman - Broncos

Shady buy
Tim Natusch - Wynnum Manly

Still got a good team backs are strong but forwards are weak with the loss of washbrook. James is a downgrade

Up to 2016 season on highest difficulty as Roosters. Won the 2015 premiership but I was dumb and retained FPN without realising that RTS, Guerra, Cordner, Morts and LOD were off contract too. In all fairness I was probably going to let Cordner and LOD go due to the rapid rise of Langi and Evans but Guerra and RTS especially were massive losses given the investment I put into RTS.

My 2016 team:
1. Alofa Alofa (terrible)
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Michael Jennings
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Nafe Seluini (goes great on the wing, scored 11 tries by round 4 last year and 22 overall)
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce (C)
8. Jared Waerea Hargreaves
9. Jake friend
10. Sam Moa
11. Mitch Aubusson
12. Sonny Bill Williams
13. frank Paul Nuuausala

14. Martin Kennedy
15. Kane Evans
16. Samsoni Langi
17. Josh Ailaomai

With Issac Liu next in queue.

Really short on backs now with Brendan Elliott and Nene Macdonald next in queue but they're not strong enough yet. In the forwards I have Napa and Arona waiting.

BTW I only buy Junior Roosters/Jets players but that will have to change next year cause I need a fullback! Lost Oldfield, Moga, Minichiello, RTS and Henry over the years who were all great.

natheel

Coach
Up to 2016 season on highest difficulty as Roosters. Won the 2015 premiership but I was dumb and retained FPN without realising that RTS, Guerra, Cordner, Morts and LOD were off contract too. In all fairness I was probably going to let Cordner and LOD go due to the rapid rise of Langi and Evans but Guerra and RTS especially were massive losses given the investment I put into RTS.

My 2016 team:
1. Alofa Alofa (terrible)
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Michael Jennings
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Nafe Seluini (goes great on the wing, scored 11 tries by round 4 last year and 22 overall)
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce (C)
8. Jared Waerea Hargreaves
9. Jake friend
10. Sam Moa
11. Mitch Aubusson
12. Sonny Bill Williams
13. frank Paul Nuuausala

14. Martin Kennedy
15. Kane Evans
16. Samsoni Langi
17. Josh Ailaomai

With Issac Liu next in queue.

Really short on backs now with Brendan Elliott and Nene Macdonald next in queue but they're not strong enough yet. In the forwards I have Napa and Arona waiting.

BTW I only buy Junior Roosters/Jets players but that will have to change next year cause I need a fullback! Lost Oldfield, Moga, Minichiello, RTS and Henry over the years who were all great.

you will find the younger guys turn out to be some of the best forwards. Like Tanginoa and Pauli from Parra, Francis Fifita from Tigers.

The hardest youngsters to bring up imo are fullbacks because defence one on one isn't always that great to start off. I brought up Isiah Mosese from Eels under 20's and it took me a year to build him up to be a decent attacking fullback for cover for Hayne. 2 young 7's i bought were Tyler Cornish from Roosters and Ash Taylor from brisbane. Ash was going ok in trials but got injured so gave Cornish a go but turned him into a utility as his kicking isn't great.

I've started playing this game again for the first time this year since I moved house and don't have internet. Decided that I would just start on Legendary mode and try to get better at it by playing on hardest level.

I came 12th in my first season. But the highlight of the season was the origin series. I won game 1 13-12 in Golden Point. NSW won game 2 18-6. Then in Game 3, NSW was winning 12-6 with one play remaining, I was still 80 metres away from the tryline. What QLD needed was a miracle on the level of Mark Coyne. What we got was what would be the most amazing play ever. I passed to the middle hoping to pass to Cherry Evans. Who did the ball go to?....Matt Scott. :( Still, I went with it, charged at the line and just before i reached the line i did a chip and chase, Scott regathers, only the fullback to beat, Scott chips over Dugan...beats him to the ball and scores under the posts! Then I won in Golden Point.

Season 2 I started well but then faded during the origin period, but then after origin, i only lost once and finished 3rd. Beat the Tigers in first week of the finals and moved onto the Prelim final. Beat the Storm in the PF and met Bulldogs in the Grand Final. Despite taking an early lead, the Bulldogs beat me 24-12.

Season 3 was my best. Despite losing origin 3-0. I won the minor premiership and then backed up to take the premiership in an all QLD GF against the Cowboys.

My team is:

1. Barba
2. Hurrell
3. Jennings
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Reynolds
7. Wallace
8. Tamou
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Gillett
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Hala
15. Lui
16. Bukuya
17. some youth guy from another club called Bergin

Also have Tautau Moga in reserves who is pretty good

Sean7

Juniors
Playing on the hardest difficulty as Parramatta (20min games), just finished my 3rd season. I won the grand final 46-12 against Souths despite being down 12-0 halfway through the first half. Won the final 58-6 against the Cowboys. I'm pretty much demolishing everyone now, winning by an average of about 25-30. In my first season I won one game all year. The next season I won the grand final easily.

A couple of things:

3 seasons in and the cpu has never missed a conversion.

Intercepts are completely faked about 80% of the time. What I mean by that is that the cpu defender is not even in position to take the intercept. He's just somewhere in the general vicinity of the ball and he just ends up with it. Often he'll take the intercept while he's on the other side of the receiver. I once had the marker intercept one of my passes.

The cpu is terrible on attack. They basically only ever score off intercepts or knock-ons (and bombs). They throw an enormous amount of forward passes. They get caught for a lot of them, though they get away with a lot too.

Passing to the player next to you is a problem. A lot of the intercepts I throw are from trying to pass to a player next to me who is running into a gap, but the pass cuts him out even though I don't press the cut out buttons.

Players still (after all these years), run for balls near the sideline and just run out or even worse, the ball is already over the sideline/dead-ball line and they touch it before it hits the ground.

Players overrun the play way too often. Sometimes I'll go through entire sets where it's hard to pass to a teammate because they're all 5-10 metres in front of me.

Bombs. I diffuse them quite often, but I also let in tries from them. I get in position, press the correct button and... sometimes the player just does nothing, sometimes he'll jump and contest the ball, other times he'll jump at the same time as the opponent, but the opponent will have taken the ball, planted it down for a try and stood upright again before my player has even come back down to the ground, like it was a slow motion jump. The replays show this up particularly badly.

Oh yes, the replays. My god, I can't believe a game that's not more than 15 years old doesn't have proper replays. Score a great try, but only get to see the player run across the try-line.

And then there's the cpu player's slow motion dives for tries. You'll have your defenders in positon and then the cpu decides it's slow motion try time and they'll just (very slowly) over the line straight through your defenders who aren't allowed to do anything about it.

I could go on. I know it's probably all been said before... but not by me.:D

Parra Pride

Coach
The intercepts are the worst because 90% of the time the pass shouldn't be intercepted. I'm sick of pulling off a nice cut out pass, that should be a player into a gap, only for a prop who is on the outside of my attacker to magically catch the ball, and then out sprint my entire team to score. George Rose or Matt Scott out sprinting Jarryd Hayne is simply annoying.

I still don't understand how some people overlook the glaringly large flaws in this game and say its good.

natheel

Coach
Those intercepts annoy me where its caught outside your player by a forward. Some times I let it go and say ah well but sometimes when I get an intercept by say Hayne or a winger he always gets run down.

Prometheus

Juniors
Changes according to Tru Blu Entertainment-

PS3
Player stats and team rosters updated
Super League jersey numbers are now player specific rather than role specific
Fixed crash when reaching 2 million experience points.
Rank display in accomplishments flow fixed.
Fixed non-progression in Career mode related to State of Origin players being unavailable.
Exposed jersey number, primary hand/foot and role to player creator/editor.
Exposed whether team uses numbers for player or role to team creator/editor.
Updated jersey numbers
Fixed HDD space issue related to upgrading profile saves
Fixed NMA when accepting invite at cloud stats arbitration screen

Xbox 360
Player stats and team rosters updated
Super League jersey numbers are now player specific rather than role specific
Fixed crash when reaching 2 million experience points.
Fixed crash when downloading Title Update to non-HDD storage device when DLC was already present on console.
Rank display in accomplishments flow is fixed.
Fixed non-progression in Career mode related to State of Origin players being unavailable.
Can select jersey number, primary hand/foot and role to 'Player creator/editor'.
Can select whether team uses numbers for player or role to 'Team creator/editor'.
Updated player's jersey numbers.

Apparently people are also noticing that the bug that makes it near impossible to catch bombs has been fixed and you can't hold players down as long on Professional mode.