What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

I pretty much put all of the best real life potential players at Easts in to the team and got rid of most of the established players and created two young ones who weren't in the game for some reason so my team will stay the same for a few years

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Nene McDonald
3. Tautau Moga
4. Michael Jennings
5. Daniel Tupou
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Wearea-Hargreaves - C
9. Jake Friend
10. Kane Evans
11. Mitchell Aubusson
12. Sonny Bill Williams
13. Boyd Cordner

14. Aiden Guerra
15. Dylan Napa
16. Brandon Tago
17. Samisoni Langi

Henare Wells
Usaia O'Sullivan
Chris Taripo
Taane Mile (created)
Paul Rokolati
Tyler Cornish
Ryley Jacks
Nafe Seluini
John Asiata
Jokatama Dokonivalu
Isaac Liu
Shaquille Blair
Rhyse Martin
Willis Meehan (created)

Replaced Souffs too and brought in the North Sydney Bears :cool::cool:

Yeah they improve much more when they actually play.

Also depends on the training you give them and how much money you pumped into each area i.e. attack, defence, conditioning etc

I put medical on 1 star, attack on 2 stars, defense and endurance on 3. I think I'm missing one that is probably 2 stars. That's about all I could do tbh I guess the more bonuses I win I can put 4,5 stars on most categories?

Big Pete

Referee
Yow Yeh is a bit of a weapon in this.

Aye, it's definitely the Yow Yeh of 2011 in this game, not the version we're going to see run out in 2014. :(

On a similar note, you can tell this game isn't entirely realistic when Corey Norman plays like Brad Fittler. Extremely well rounded half who dominates the Dally Ms and really doesn't have any flaws. If I was basing my recruitment decisions on reality, I would have dumped his ass the first chance I had but he's just far too gun.

I also made Rivett into a gun back too but then he started demanding Yow Yeh money.

In saying all this, really can't wait until I can get through this season and start the recruiting period. That's the real fun of career mode IMO.

Liking some of the squads by the by. Belmore probably has the pick of the bunch, especially if he can develop Milford.

TT, surprised you haven't made Jackson Hastings yet? Regardless, I like how you're sticking with authentic juniors.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Is Hoppa Jr in there somewhere or did you have to make him?

I made him mate. Wasn't hard. Just a tall darker winger with short black hair. I put him on the wing because eels in the game have an abundance of centres that can be good after some building

natheel

Coach
I pretty much put all of the best real life potential players at Easts in to the team and got rid of most of the established players and created two young ones who weren't in the game for some reason so my team will stay the same for a few years

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Nene McDonald
3. Tautau Moga
4. Michael Jennings
5. Daniel Tupou
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Wearea-Hargreaves - C
9. Jake Friend
10. Kane Evans
11. Mitchell Aubusson
12. Sonny Bill Williams
13. Boyd Cordner

14. Aiden Guerra
15. Dylan Napa
16. Brandon Tago
17. Samisoni Langi

Henare Wells
Usaia O'Sullivan
Chris Taripo
Taane Mile (created)
Paul Rokolati
Tyler Cornish
Ryley Jacks
Nafe Seluini
John Asiata
Jokatama Dokonivalu
Isaac Liu
Shaquille Blair
Rhyse Martin
Willis Meehan (created)

Replaced Souffs too and brought in the North Sydney Bears :cool::cool:

I put medical on 1 star, attack on 2 stars, defense and endurance on 3. I think I'm missing one that is probably 2 stars. That's about all I could do tbh I guess the more bonuses I win I can put 4,5 stars on most categories?

I replaced storm with bears in one of my comps. Just transferred the storm roster to bears.

Walt Flanigan

Referee

Yeah you can go into negative money also, as long as get your bonus.

I'm on -300k but I'll be right as long as one of my guys gets Dally M.

TT, surprised you haven't made Jackson Hastings yet? Regardless, I like how you're sticking with authentic juniors.

I was going to make him but I don't know why I didn't tbh

When I play FIFA Career mode or football manager it's much fun and rewarding to build a team from the ground up. I plan to sign a few more 20's players. Mitch Mamary will be first signed.

I replaced storm with bears in one of my comps. Just transferred the storm roster to bears.

I do that a lot too. I replaced the entire league in one save and it in to an NSWRFL comp with Annandale et al. Good fun, they were a cool inclusion.

belmore.utd

Juniors
hi all.

1st post here thought i would start by posting my 2015 doggies team.

gunning for 3 straight gfs on 20 min legend.

1 j.hoffman
2 t sheck
3 t.lafai
4 j.morris
5 k.inu
6 j.reynolds
7 t.hodkinson
8 j.graham
9 j.romelo
10 s.kasiano
11 t.williams
12 j.papalii
13 s.burgess
14 g.eastwood
15 t.harris
16 l.ah mau
17 a.milford

rotation: t.simona, s.feki, m.congoo, s.pumipi, t.browne, m.tapau, d.klemmer, s.lousi, c.timu, p.pauli, h.alaalatoa

the players in bold seem to play above stats

salary cap bit me on the ass hard. but i did win 3 straight gf's with the above squad.

2016 squad

1 j.hoffman
2 t.sheck
3 t.moga
4 j.morris
5 j.tafua
6 c.sironen
7 j.reynolds (c)
8 l.ah mau
9 j.romelo
10 s.kasiano
11 t.williams
12 j.papalii
13 s.burgess

14 g.eastwood
15 s.lousi
16 t.harris
17 a.milford

rotation: t.simona, s.feki, m.congoo, d.nafoaluma, s.verney, s.pumipi, t.burgess, r.james, c.timu, p.pauli. y.prior, w.lolo

players i miss
f.pritchard: shoulder charges at will
d.klemmer: never gets pushed back, unstoppable 10-20 metres out
t.lafai: breaks tackles at will with size and strength, also a handy goal kicker and plays 5/8
inu: runs over opp wingers, back up goal kicker.
t.hodkinson: huge boot great goal kicking.

okay okay so i am obviously missing the goal kicking options from last season and have left myself short in that department for this season. with reynolds being my best option

place kick accuracy: 64
kick distance: 87

training notes:

1st season: trained everyone on 5 star endurance and had 2 stars on medical. still reaping the benefits 4 seasons later.

so from this point on when i recruit i look for guys with moderate-decent stamina because i dont wont to spend money training for that for atleast a few seasons.

2nd season: had alot of spare cash. 5 stars def, 5 att, 5 speed, 1 end, 3 medical. so i know i spent alot of cash on def, but after a few games i wanted to rub out any weak passing links so i focused alot on attack with the excleption of a few who were lacking in defense (ie: j.morris one the weakest tackling centres in the game, da fuq!?!?!)

5 star speed has given most of my outside backs elite speed and acc. gaining on average 10 stat points each.

3rd season: stamina and defense appear to have great gains when 5 star, attack seems to come on a little slower. with that in mind i recruit players based on their attacking capabilities and continue working on that while they are young and make better gains. recruiting young forwards with size strength fend and young backs with speed acceleration agility.

5 star defense, 5 attack 2 endurance, 1 speed, 2 medical.

4th season: i now have alot of new recruits. the established players i have bought in already have great stamina and/or defense. i have been working those guys over in attack.
the young players i have bought have average stamina, defense or both. but i am determined to get their attack right.

5 star defense, 5 star attack, 1 endurance, 1 speed, 2 medical.

most of my squad gets trained in attack the rest on balanced. having 5 stars on def & att allows for the biggest gains if training players on balanced i believe.

natheel

Coach
Parramatta Eels 2014

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Jorge Tafua
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Dean Whare
5. Will Hopoate
6. Corey Norman
7. Zach Docker-Clay
8. Tim Mannah
9. Nathan Peats
10. Lee Mossop
11. Kelepi Tanginoa
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jacob Loko
14. Fui Fui Moi Moi
15. Junior Paulo
16. Matt Ryan
17. Taniela Lasalo

Bazzi

First Grade
Just started playing this game again.

New career with the Dragons on legend. Just beat the Knights in round 1, 18-19, courtesy of a Jamie Soward field goal from 45m out right on the stroke of full-time.

Amadaca

Juniors
Is there any way you can upload images saved on your PS3 & implement them into the game (ie sponsors, emblems & jersey templates)? Basically what you can do in Pro Evo is what I want.

joshie

Live Update Team
Made it to the Prelims as Minor Prem, got knocked out by wests 14-12 as Melbourne Storm in year 3, after throwing an intercept.

The Eagle

Juniors
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Keiran Foran
7 DCE
8 Dave Taylor
9 Matt Ballin
10 Tom Leroyd-Lars
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Tony Williams
13 Glenn Stewart

14 Jamie Buhrer
15 James Cunningham
16 George Rose
17 Darcy Lussick

This is in year 5 with original squads because I haven't started again yet, I've won each Grand final bar 2013 in a loss to f**king Wests solely from poor play on legend with 10 minute halves

I've been dropping players with a red form until it goes blue again so atm Tony Williams has been replaced by Micheal Oldfield in about round 4

Raudonikis

Juniors
i finished my first season with the world cup edition and at the negotiation stage there are multiple players with same name being signed by other teams,how do you eliminate this problem?thanks

Big Pete

Referee
Because the game wants to punish you for playing touch football or deceive you into thinking that it's a challenge, when really it's just a broken game.

joshie

Live Update Team
I still really enjoy it, even if it has its down falls. But f**k me, that is one thing that needs to be sorted. others aren't so forgiving.

Big Pete

Referee
One small thing they need to fix, and it'd make a huge difference is being able to choose your defensive player.

Just about everytime it always defaulted to the marker and this became particularly troublesome when I needed to defend against the bomb or ensure the game didn't kick one of those glitchy sideline kicks where the AI decides that your fullback is going to run over the sideline.

Parra Pride

Coach
I don't even bother chasing anymore, if Jarryd Hayne can't run down George Rose, there's no point trying to chase down anyone else.

Big Pete

Referee
Plus, those long range intercepts take a massive chunk out of your players stamina metre, making the game even more broken than it is.

joshie

Live Update Team
I find if you use the player chasing the hardest he will
Come no where near the attacker but my outside backs normally make inroads allowing me to switch and save a try and or tackle him but sometimes they score.

What's the best way to defuse bombs? My players always walk away from the circle