What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

Tigers1986

Juniors
Well it's in the second quarter of the year when they said it'd be released and there's absolutely nothing new other than patchy screenshots. Not inspiring news or anything to get excited about.

Someone

Bench
all they had to do is set realistic expectations and then if they beat them it would be a pleasant surprise.

instead we have another letdown. f**k me dead...

Parra Pride

Coach
Disregarding their estimated release date, the promotion of the game as a whole just seems really amateurish. Fallout 4 was announced what, two weeks ago? And we already have a ton more information about that than we do Rugby League. The same can be said of most other games that will be releasing before the end of the year.

With this we've had what, a demo of the play creator and six screenshots?

Jono078

Referee
Tru Blu are stuck in the year 2000 when it comes to releasing information/media of upcoming games.

I remember back then E3 would be on and you'd be hanging to get home and connect the dial-up internet and wait 2 minutes for a hi-res screenshot to load that had just been released.

Comparing Fallout 4 to RLL3 isn't going to do much. Fallout 4's budget would be 100x RLL3's.

TruBlu are really sloppy though.

Parra Pride

Coach
It doesn't take a massive budget to put the information out there. It would cost them nothing to mock up a trailer and put it on youtube. It's the extra flash on top that the much bigger budget would bring, like their E3 conference.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors

Zoidberg

First Grade
While these screenshots don't look too great, I think what we want is just a graphical update of the last game with some improvements in a few areas of gameplay. We know what we're gonna get pretty much, it's a rugby league game, most of us are already sold if it is anywhere close to being good.

Last Week

Bench
Disregarding their estimated release date, the promotion of the game as a whole just seems really amateurish. Fallout 4 was announced what, two weeks ago? And we already have a ton more information about that than we do Rugby League. The same can be said of most other games that will be releasing before the end of the year.

With this we've had what, a demo of the play creator and six screenshots?

I must have missed this bit. What? Where?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
It's the fan hub.

Basically the developer shifting the face models to the consumer to complete themselves haha. It was the most random demo ever.

Here try our create a player that you cannot use..I don't mind the tactic but they should have just come out and said the budget was limited and the users could save them the $$$

Rhyno

First Grade
This game has cost me a 1,000 cause I went out and bought a ps4 and extra controllers just for this game and the game itself will cost $100 so it better be a bloody good game

alien

Referee
This game has cost me a 1,000 cause I went out and bought a ps4 and extra controllers just for this game and the game itself will cost $100 so it better be a bloody good game

at eb games until tuesday, the ps4 is $498 with 3 games (the last of us - remastered, gta 5, the order - 1886). i'm thinking of getting it

It's the fan hub.

Basically the developer shifting the face models to the consumer to complete themselves haha. It was the most random demo ever.

Here try our create a player that you cannot use..I don't mind the tactic but they should have just come out and said the budget was limited and the users could save them the $$$
I don't think TruBlu are that clever and even if they were why would they come out and say that.

It would be an awful PR move.

I think these games are decent, the fact that it's a league game makes me gloss over a lot of things though and I also enjoy it more because I actually follow the sport.

Last Week

Bench
Slightly off topic but I'm playing a rugby league manager game at the moment. Bought it off steam ($35. Way over priced)

It's pretty in depth and has a couple of hundred teams you can control. The interface is a bit awkward and there's a couple of errors, but it's probably the best management game for rugby league out there.

DB

First Grade
Surprise, surprise....

https://www.facebook.com/rugbyleaguelivegame/posts/383693168500115 said:
Contrary to previous announcements whereby we stated that Rugby League Live 3 would release in 2nd quarter 2015, this will no longer be the case as the release date has now been delayed.
We are working extremely close with Big Ant Studio to try and complete the game as soon as possible and to try and provide you with a revised release date.
My sincerest apologies to all the eager fans which support our games.
Sebastian Giompaolo MD Tru Blu Entertainment.

Someone

Bench
f**king classic.

it will be released in the first week of December again so by the time you get into the game and get a feel for it 2016 has rolled around and all the squads have changed. and then they will expect you to pay for the DLC which contains updated squads and a 'fix' for some of the bugs the game will inevitably have.

seriously just perfect the mechanics, update the squads and release it in march or april next year.

Front-Rower

First Grade
f**king classic.

it will be released in the first week of December again so by the time you get into the game and get a feel for it 2016 has rolled around and all the squads have changed. and then they will expect you to pay for the DLC which contains updated squads and a 'fix' for some of the bugs the game will inevitably have.

seriously just perfect the mechanics, update the squads and release it in march or april next year.

Fully agree with you but that will stop mum and dad buyers from giving the game to little Johnnie for Christmas ;-)