What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 4 confirmation

Eelementary

Post Whore
The problem with RLL4 is people cut them slack because they aren't a AAA developer

My argument is the merkins are charging AAA money so they should be held to a similar standard

I agree.

My point was that a AAA title still has shit AI, despite being a big name title.

edabomb

First Grade
The problem with RLL4 is people cut them slack because they aren't a AAA developer

My argument is the merkins are charging AAA money so they should be held to a similar standard

And from past experience they don't deliver a gradable product. You'd get to the end of the alphabet before you assigned a grade.

And from past experience they don't deliver a gradable product. You'd get to the end of the alphabet before you assigned a grade.
I loved Bradman 14

Bradman 17 is f**king shit you can't ever bat with confidence and that's not how cricket works

I think RLL2 was their best league title but it was buggy too

But really the whole company should be shut down for fraud

Zoidberg

First Grade
I just played the demo for Fifa 18 and am now understanding what people mean by polish. I've not played any sports games for quite a few years so didn't really get how good they can be now.
Would love for a league game to have that kind of polish.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I just played the demo for Fifa 18 and am now understanding what people mean by polish. I've not played any sports games for quite a few years so didn't really get how good they can be now.
Would love for a league game to have that kind of polish.

In our dreams. The NRL barely gives a shit about the real game, let alone the virtual one

edabomb

First Grade
The general view on this game series over the years was if you spend a solid amount of time (20-30 hours?) playing it became much more enjoyable. A game has failed if you need to put in a working week for it to become fun.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I loved Bradman 14

Bradman 17 is f**king shit you can't ever bat with confidence and that's not how cricket works

I think RLL2 was their best league title but it was buggy too

But really the whole company should be shut down for fraud
I still play Bradman 14. In 11th year of career mode and bat at no.4.

Test Avg from 74innings is like 46.7. 27 50's and 3 100's.

T20avg is insane like 52.

One day Avg is about 38.

I still have Bradman 17 but after the first week I have never played it again...... it's a joke.

I still play Bradman 14. In 11th year of career mode and bat at no.4.

Test Avg from 74innings is like 46.7. 27 50's and 3 100's.

T20avg is insane like 52.

One day Avg is about 38.

I still have Bradman 17 but after the first week I have never played it again...... it's a joke.
Trade the merkin sports games aren't bad for value holding

Last Week

Bench
Yeah, I've had this for a couple of days now and it's just frustrating to play. Switching between players is not consistent at all. When you switch to a player in the defensive line who is supposed to be the closest to the attacking player, he stops moving and the attacking player just runs straight passed him. By the time your player has reacted, he has to chase 10 meters to get to him. One of the buttons (L1 or R1 I think) is supposed to select the closest player to the ball, but it just doesn't. Maybe on the third time you press it.

I also find kicking in play horse shit. No accuracy at all and the ball doesn't carry much momentum when kicked.
When putting up a bomb, what is the point in catching it? Your player will come down with it and stand still waiting to be tackled.
In about 10 matches I've played, only once has a grubber kicked given me a positive result, a try at that. Every other time, the opposition come up with it.

Also, another thing off the top of my head, sin bins. It's great that they're used, but it's so predictable that one is coming. As soon as you hear the 'final warning' for what ever infringement, a sin bin IS coming. It's unavoidable. Whether it's you or the AI. I played a game against Melbourne where 2 of them were binned in the one game. One of them was Cameron Smith, obviously complete bullshit. That would never happen.

I'm trading this in for Madden 18.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
:lol: :lol:

Glad I've avoided this.

Don Bradman 14 was their only game that I've enjoyed and even that has flaws.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah, I've had this for a couple of days now and it's just frustrating to play. Switching between players is not consistent at all. When you switch to a player in the defensive line who is supposed to be the closest to the attacking player, he stops moving and the attacking player just runs straight passed him. By the time your player has reacted, he has to chase 10 meters to get to him. One of the buttons (L1 or R1 I think) is supposed to select the closest player to the ball, but it just doesn't. Maybe on the third time you press it.

I also find kicking in play horse shit. No accuracy at all and the ball doesn't carry much momentum when kicked.
When putting up a bomb, what is the point in catching it? Your player will come down with it and stand still waiting to be tackled.
In about 10 matches I've played, only once has a grubber kicked given me a positive result, a try at that. Every other time, the opposition come up with it.

Also, another thing off the top of my head, sin bins. It's great that they're used, but it's so predictable that one is coming. As soon as you hear the 'final warning' for what ever infringement, a sin bin IS coming. It's unavoidable. Whether it's you or the AI. I played a game against Melbourne where 2 of them were binned in the one game. One of them was Cameron Smith, obviously complete bullshit. That would never happen.

I'm trading this in for Madden 18.

Tbh, mate - Madden 18 is Rugby League Live 4 with a prettier face.

Madden 18 is total gash.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Compared to 16 and 17?

I'd rather 16 and 17, tbh.

18 is just...it's really shit.

The AI is awful, All Madden just means "let's injure your preferred receiver, and give more penalties against you (instead of actually making the game harder)"...

EA should have a good, long, hard look at themselves after this effort, tbh.