What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live - PS3 and XB360

bulldog

Bench
Cheers Firey Dragon, I knew I'd read something like that but couldn't remember who had a little inside knowledge back then. My expectations were already pretty low, but for one of the devs to be embarrassed about it is a worry.

perverse

Referee
Big Ant have been developing this for over 2 years now. I mentioned it in the Rugby League 3 thread, I mistakenly thought Rugby League 3 was this release from Big Ant,. I have a friend who worked on the project, he said it was riddled with poor management and lackluster developers, I haven't spoken to him in a while but I hope the situation has improved. He actually said he was embaressed that his name would be attached to it. I played a beta of it back in october last year, it was underwhelming to say the least.

It uses a generic game rendering engine called "Fire", he said that design decision alone has significantly impacted the capabilities of the project. The graphics and game logic have had some serious hurdles to face as a result.
sounds pretty sh*tty, unfortunately.

i thought Rugby League 3 was a solid, slightly unspectacular release. the gameplay improvements were very good. if the gameplay continues to improve, the depth in the metagame/management is worked on and made a bit deeper and more fulfilling and some online features are thrown in for good measure i could see Rugby League 4 being a real, genuine quality title. i hope Sidhe are allowed to continue evolving their series, tbh... because going off Rugby League 3, they aren't as far off the mark as the whingers would have you believe. for a franchise that would have a budget that could be measured as a tiny fraction of what a single FIFA games' budget would be - i think Sidhe have done really well.

bad luck to all the xbox360 and ps3 owners who are banking on this title being a quality game, i suppose. looks like your chances are pretty slim.

cracked

Juniors
Big Ant have been developing this for over 2 years now. I mentioned it in the Rugby League 3 thread, I mistakenly thought Rugby League 3 was this release from Big Ant,. I have a friend who worked on the project, he said it was riddled with poor management and lackluster developers, I haven't spoken to him in a while but I hope the situation has improved. He actually said he was embaressed that his name would be attached to it. I played a beta of it back in october last year, it was underwhelming to say the least.

It uses a generic game rendering engine called "Fire", he said that design decision alone has significantly impacted the capabilities of the project. The graphics and game logic have had some serious hurdles to face as a result.

I remember your posts from last time - just a big noting dickhead with nothing to add... first you said you were at Sidhe in Melbourne - they are in NZ - then didn't bother to apologise - then corrected yourself that it was Big Ant that you were at - don't you know where your friend works?!? Must be "real" close - then you thought you were playing the Wii version - such a dick that you can't tell the difference between a WiiMote and a NextGen controller - then you corrected yourslef to say you were playing "NextGen" and not Wii - then you say that it was a long time ago and you haven't spoken to your "mate" - do you think you were playing the version that will come out in September - you c**k!

Go and speak to your mate and get us some real info or just piss off!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I remember your posts from last time - just a big noting dickhead with nothing to add... first you said you were at Sidhe in Melbourne - they are in NZ - then didn't bother to apologise - then corrected yourself that it was Big Ant that you were at - don't you know where your friend works?!? Must be "real" close - then you thought you were playing the Wii version - such a dick that you can't tell the difference between a WiiMote and a NextGen controller - then you corrected yourslef to say you were playing "NextGen" and not Wii - then you say that it was a long time ago and you haven't spoken to your "mate" - do you think you were playing the version that will come out in September - you c**k!

Go and speak to your mate and get us some real info or just piss off!

I never said I was at Sidhe in Melbourne you moron. I also said I was playing a next gen release which was not a wii version... Re-read my posts in the thread you idiot. I played it on a 360 devkit if you must know. I knew it was being released on other platforms, I erroneously assumed Wii was included in that. All I'm doing is repeating what I heard and what I experienced. I have literally hundreds of people I've met in the industry, he is a good friend living in a different country to me now let alone another state. I'll make sure I take note of every job he undertakes in the future to appease you from now on, it's kind of hard to do given that he is a freelance developer who jumps from project to project at many different companies though :roll:

Mario from Sidhe also said he knew nothing of another rugby league release, but then conceded recently that they knew of the project from the start. The entire project lost nearly half of its developers halfway through the development cycle, it was actually scheduled to go gold in October last year.

Last edited:

bulldog

Bench
Yeah, nice first post, maybe you should go back to lurking wanker

Here's one of the posts in question where Firey "big notes" himself:

This studio was definitely working on a rugby league game, I've seen the game in development, even played an alpha version. If that is the case, I must have my wires crossed and there is another one coming out for other platforms. My apologies Mario, I thought this was the same development. The game in question is licensed by the NRL because it had all the official players. And yes it's correct the studio in question is releasing AFL 2010 this year.

Shame on you cracked, making a Doggies fan defend a Dragons fan.

There's a few more posts in that thread too, basically Firey defending himself from being called a liar by all and sundry.

cracked

Juniors
I never said I was at Sidhe in Melbourne you moron. I also said I was playing a next gen release which was not a wii version... Re-read my posts in the thread you idiot. I played it on a 360 devkit if you must know. I knew it was being released on other platforms, I erroneously assumed Wii was included in that. All I'm doing is repeating what I heard and what I experienced. I have literally hundreds of people I've met in the industry, he is a good friend living in a different country to me now let alone another state. I'll make sure I take note of every job he undertakes in the future to appease you from now on, it's kind of hard to do given that he is a freelance developer who jumps from project to project at many different companies though :roll:

Mario from Sidhe also said he knew nothing of another rugby league release, but then conceded recently that they knew of the project from the start. The entire project lost nearly half of its developers halfway through the development cycle, it was actually scheduled to go gold in October last year.

Sure he does, moves all over the industry working on f?cked games.... good arse covering.... sounds more like you know someone who knows someone who told you something but of course you have no current news.... which is what everyone wants...

Pierced Soul

First Grade

...like an arrow through the heart :(

you've just killed off my hopes..... :fist:

f**k me if someone working on it is embarressed.....

anyone rememebr the old EA versions of rugby league on the megadrive? i used to love running into the posts to ehar the noise and see the player go flying backwards.

i used to play teamates with my brother id run backwards holding the kick button, he'd go sprinting up field and i'd boot it to him. since the comp didnt seem to recognise offsides this was a greatw ay to advance up field :p

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Sure he does, moves all over the industry working on f?cked games.... good arse covering.... sounds more like you know someone who knows someone who told you something but of course you have no current news.... which is what everyone wants...

Yeah damn you got me, what will I ever do now? I've been totally burned. I said there was a game in development for PS3 and 360 when no one had heard of it, gave details about the developer, and details about the project. Now the information has come out and I'm the guy who knows nothing? Ouch, you've got me.

The project may have matured significantly since I received information on it, I do know the project was in shambles early this year though.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
...like an arrow through the heart :(

you've just killed off my hopes..... :fist:

f**k me if someone working on it is embarressed.....

anyone rememebr the old EA versions of rugby league on the megadrive? i used to love running into the posts to ehar the noise and see the player go flying backwards.

i used to play teamates with my brother id run backwards holding the kick button, he'd go sprinting up field and i'd boot it to him. since the comp didnt seem to recognise offsides this was a greatw ay to advance up field :p

It's been at least 3 months since I spoke to my mate, the situation may have improved. I wouldn't write it off just yet, game projects tend to all fall into place in the last few months of development. Deadlines weren't met and there was a high turnover of staff though, so who knows how it will turn out.

cracked

Juniors
Yeah damn you got me, what will I ever do now? I've been totally burned. I said there was a game in development for PS3 and 360 when no one had heard of it, gave details about the developer, and details about the project. Now the information has come out and I'm the guy who knows nothing? Ouch, you've got me.

The project may have matured significantly since I received information on it, I do know the project was in shambles early this year though.

Didn't say you didn't know anything - just said that given the errors in your reporting the "facts" that you heard it third hand.... the guy you know on the inside, and apparently you know literally hundreds of them, has disapeared..... give us a break.... anyone can overhear someone else talking in a pub or hear what a mate says to a mate says to a mate - give us something new!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Didn't say you didn't know anything - just said that given the errors in your reporting the "facts" that you heard it third hand.... the guy you know on the inside, and apparently you know literally hundreds of them, has disapeared..... give us a break.... anyone can overhear someone else talking in a pub or hear what a mate says to a mate says to a mate - give us something new!
Why should I give you anything new? I was abused last time I posted information. I can assure you the guy who told me information is well and truly in the know... He was a lead development consultant on the project, he's worked on some massive games worldwide.

I met him while I was doing freelance work for THQ in the US. The history is irrelevant though, what I say is also irrelevant.

You've completely and utterly been pointed out as a moron, but carry on arguing if you wish. You need to boost that post count on that new account of yours.

cracked

Juniors
Why should I give you anything new? I was abused last time I posted information. I can assure you the guy who told me information is well and truly in the know... He was a lead development consultant on the project, he's worked on some massive games worldwide.

I met him while I was doing freelance work for THQ in the US. The history is irrelevant though, what I say is also irrelevant.

You've completely and utterly been pointed out as a moron, but carry on arguing if you wish. You need to boost that post count on that new account of yours.

As I thought... one trick pony... nothing new because you actually don't have a direct source...

love your post count - obviously don't have a real life... I think your mum's calling you for dinner....

Firey_Dragon

Coach
As I thought... one trick pony... nothing new because you actually don't have a direct source...

love your post count - obviously don't have a real life... I think your mum's calling you for dinner....

It's a bit late for dinner here mate given it's 11:30PM but yes I overheard it all in a local pub, you caught me out.

cupid

Juniors

I can tell you now the engine they are using is the PhyreEngine

DB

First Grade
As much of a bagging it will get, I will probably end up getting. The only way to get better RL games is to up the sales, and to create a market for the bigger companies.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah.

I'm just super stoked about the release date, it's just a few months away.

I hope they market it heavily in that time.

Really hoping it plays alright though. I'll get it no doubt, just hope it's playable.

Latest posts