What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live - PS3 and XB360

nöyd

Staff member
proof is in the pudding, although the devs must be pleased with the added shoulder charge feature, it only appears about 60 times in that short trailer...

Feej

First Grade
Saw the "coming soon" boxes at EB yesterday. Looks okay, but there's no way in hell they'll be getting $109 out of me for this game!

hellteam

First Grade
Just buy it for $110 at EB, play it for a few days, realise how sh*t it is, take it back and get a full refund.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
it looks okay, i think the tackles need some improving as it looks like there is only 5 or so tackle animations but to be honest Lomu rugby had some crap tackle animations but the game was awesome so as long as it plays fine ill be happy.

Gotta admit that it looks alot better then i expected.

Some people are hard to please.

Not a bad effort for a first crack at it imo, sure it still isn't the holy grail of Rugby League games but it looks much better than I was expecting.

Its worth it for $70/$80
as long as they are improving each new release then its good news,
rugby league gaming isnt going backwards so we can at least be happy with that
;-)

nöyd

Staff member
Check out this screen cap I took from the video:

vlcsnap-2010-08-14-00h50m22s220.png

if we freeze play here you'll see the player I've circled as well as the direction he appears to be running in, now just like previous games it looks as though you can hit a certain button (in this case the triangle or square) and pass to a player at least 30 metres away, even though you're running in the opposite direction.

Unless...

the button icons serve as some kind of combo, like pushing circle quickly followed by the triangle or square will send the ball out wide ala quick hands.

Or I could just be bored.

renouf

Juniors
IMO the graphics and gameplay look similar to RL2, with a couple of changes. The way the player kicks the goals is so RL2, it doesn't even look natural the way he walks up and kicks it. Simple sh*t like that should look real.

Chook Norris

First Grade
well it seems like they've placed a lot of emphasis on the defence and hits.... i'd prefer they focus on the fluency of the passing

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Looks pretty poor. The players have no weight to them, they hit those gaps so quickly it looks like they are ice skating.

McLovin

Staff member
I'll pass on this one...Was very disappointed with the first 2 and something tells me this is gonna be more of the same...