What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live - PS3 and XB360

Patorick

Staff member
Sorry to be that guy, my PS2 is on its last legs, but do you lot recommend I get a PS3 or XBOX for this (keep in mind the only games I play regularly are RL2 WCE, Cricket07, Fifa10 and Rugby08)?

Thanks.

Special K

Coach
I have both and even though I would play my 360 more(long story) I would advise getting a PS3.

Blue rays, no annual fee to go online and it is just so easy to do everything on it.

TiggaPlease

If you only want those games just get an xbox 360 (not the new model) they are dirt cheap at the moment.

Edit: that is assuming you only play them offline.

I've got both and they are both good consoles.

The game is over priced for what it is the screenshots look like they belong on a PS2, I'm willing to give it a chance but with a whole host of quality games being released from next month to december I won't be investing straight away I still get a kick out of ARL '96.

Yeah but, in general, which console do you reckons better?

Moving forward?

PS3 is the superior machine and the exclusive games are better plus you get a built in BluRay player and no need to pay for online play.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
The game is over priced for what it is the screenshots look like they belong on a PS2, I'm willing to give it a chance but with a whole host of quality games being released from next month to december I won't be investing straight away I still get a kick out of ARL '96.

PS3 is the superior machine and the exclusive games are better plus you get a built in BluRay player and no need to pay for online play.

exclusive games are better? :lol::lol::lol:

exclusive games are better? :lol::lol::lol:

Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Resistence 1 & 2, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, inFamous, Killzone 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword and the soon to be released GT 5, all better than the so called top Xbox exclusives.

The only game that Xbox have exclusively that should be on PS3 is Left 4 Dead otherwise the rest can stay inferior on the inferior console. Oh, and Geometry Wars, that is it.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Resistence 1 & 2, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, inFamous, Killzone 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword and the soon to be released GT 5, all better than the so called top Xbox exclusives.

The only game that Xbox have exclusively that should be on PS3 is Left 4 Dead otherwise the rest can stay inferior on the inferior console. Oh, and Geometry Wars, that is it.
Mass Effect 1 & 2, Forza, Halo, Fable, Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake, Gears of War (then some arcade games like Splosion Man, Shadow Complex and Trials HD)... But LOL @ including Ninja Gaiden Sigma, it's a remake of a game for the original xbox, and Ninja Gaiden 2 was released on 360. It's hardly revolutionarily different.

I'm not exactly sure how any of them are worse than what you listed. I'll believe the hype on GT5 when we see it, it's been delayed for what, 5 years now?

I own both, I probably find the "exclusives" on 360 more fun but I'm not into all the japanese style games and ME2 is probably the best game I've ever played, even better than uncharted 2.

As for the "superior" hardware, they both look pretty damn similar on a full hd tv. The only difference is blu ray. Xbox Live has it all over PSN for online play and services integration.

At the end of the day each person has their own preferences, each platform has it's pros and cons, and each console will have exclusives that appeal to different people. In terms of "western culture" games I'd say the 360 has a more diverse range, in terms of "japanese style" then the ps3 wins hands down.

Last edited:

DB

First Grade
Some of those aren't too bad, but 'View your first Video ref decision'...... lol.

Joker's Wild

Coach

:lol: no Halo = lose for PS3

DC Online is the only PS3 exclusive Id want to get my hands on but not at the expense of buying a PS3

Each to their own

cupid

Juniors
I have best of both worlds after a friend sold me his PS3 Silm for $100, best deal I have ever done.

Paullyboy

Coach
I didn't realise they were hoping to have it out by September 2. That's actually going to be great timing.

Latest posts