What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

jaseg

Juniors
I'd take Jordan Grant for sure. But if Satae didn't get a look in, Grant isn't going to either... so what's the f**king point?

Jordan Grant. Plays for the Dolphins, 25yo. f**king beast, no idea why he hasn't had a look at the NRL.

He had a first grade contract with the Tigers a year or two ago (maybe both years). Never made it into first grade though.

At hooker, I like Aaron Booth, but the poor f**ker is Roache v2.0. Can't stop picking up significant-to-major injuries. Most of the rest, as KTF mentioned, are retreads. Would love to get Harry Grant (or Brandon Smith) out of the Storm system, but I doubt they're giving either up (still unbelievable that they have C.Smith, B.Smith AND Grant on the books together at a time where quality hookers are at an absolute premium). I almost want to throw Hayze Perham in there and see if he can make a Cook-like conversion (both fullbacks with eye catching initial speed off the mark), since right now it looks like there is no place for him in the backs.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I have a feeling that Satae had his passport stamped regardless of performance.

Also my ideal scenario where we look at these type of players has Kearney f**king off so we can always hope.

Harry Grant is good. What C Smith does after next year will be massive. If he keeps going either B Smith or Grant are going to move on.

One Warrior

Bench
Ok so this is a rumour of a rumour, but this is the rumour thread, this comes from the other forum and is exactly as written there:
'Again I don't know how true any of this shit I'm about to say is, I'm only posting this because on off chance this is true, I feel we as NZ Warriors fans have right to know, but I just heard tonight at game from couple of people I know who are close to some people at club, that Auckland Rugby League acting as Carlaw Heritage Trust has just sold their remaining interest in NZ Warriors to Autex (our other owners) and that Autex is now new owner of NZ Warriors.'

Make of that what you will.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Backed up by a different poster....

Yea this is true. I just talked to my brother in law whose dad is heavily involved with the ARL. He had dinner with Cameron McGregor on Wednesday, they are all fighting amongst themselves with autex (about who is to blame for this year) and Cameron stood down as chairman of ARL. Apparently the club is in big trouble. The Partnership has lost around $1m in the deal and they were expecting to make $2m. Figures might not be 100% accurate but there is definitely some shit going down haha

Then more added by original poster....

Awesome. Thanks alot Dantheman for at least confirming some of the story to me as I wasn't completely confident that what it was I being told was true. Also apparently what I heard last night was only half of story as what I'm hearing now is that ARL (Carlaw Heritage Trust) has agreed to sell their remaining stake of club to Autex for only fraction of price that they initially had bought it for, which again if true (emphasis on 'If') is only going to infuriate a number of struggling Auckland rugby league clubs further as remember a large number of them were originally opposed to them buying NZ Warriors in first place ! Like Dantheman said, ARL has supposely lost alot of money investing in NZ Warriors and trying to make place into a pathway for rugby league in this country so it's going to be interesting to see what fall out will be if this eventually does all turn out to be true and they have decided to sell NZ Warriors than waste anymore money on it ...

We're such a f**king rabble...

MKEB...

Staff member
Can anybody actually tell me that Cams involvement would end well. I am certain that most of us here knew that shit would hit the fan.

One Warrior

Bench
We are supposed to be signing a hooker this week. Better not be McCullough
Wouldn't be surprised lol, the way he's suddenly been allowed to look elsewhere, Kearney's past association with the club, whose his manager? Otherwise it would probably be Danny Levi. Brandon Smith we can only dream about.

BLN2

Juniors
I'm not sure who I'd think is worse, Levi or McCullogh. Levi seems to have an attitude issue, and is hot and cold (mostly cold). Macca is way over the hill, it would be like signing Nathan Friend all over again as a defense only player.

If SK really think one of those guys will IMPROVE the team this year, he needs to go now. He built this roster. His one dimensional forward pack has all been signed under his watch. Adding a plodding hooker in the mix will reduce us further.

Would prefer Luke for another year TBH. Or Niko to 9 and CHT to 7, Green to 6.

Big Marn

Juniors
do we really want any more castoffs from the 0-58 Broncos? Think we have taken enough punishment with Blair on our books, and Kodi hasnt exactly set the world on fire either.

Latest posts