What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

BLN2

Juniors
Macca has had a massive performance dip the past couple seasons. Has picked up a lot of injuries.

Apparently we are going for Wayde Egan. Thank god.. He has potential and wouldn't break the bank.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
As we've all heard, seems like Capewell and Egan will be coming here.

Theres also alot of talent available at the moment, would be great if we were able to sign one or two of these under market value.

Someone like a Segeyaro for one year (to see if Roache comes good) could work great for us.

I'm really hoping Capewell is pushing for Papaliis spot, and then Burr over takes Blair towards the last half of the year.

A backrow of Tohu, Capewell and Burr looks much better than Tohu, Blair and Papalli

BLN2

Juniors
I'd tell him to piss off. (I'm not a big fan of him anyway.. Unless he's cheap which I doubt)

We'll fold. We wouldn't be signing a guy for $500k+ to sit on the bench, right?

I wish we backed someone like Ale to take the second row spot, but SK plugged the plodders Blair and Papa there all season, so tells me he thinks we don't have any other cattle worth even considering.

Why was Curran signed? So we have a 5th lock on the roster? Seriously.. Makes no sense unless they saw him as a second rower.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lol, I thought your place in a sports team was meant to be merit based

100% it should be, hate the way it has gone these days, Ryan Matterson the best recent example, he signed his deal, less than a year later decides he was worth more and makes the situation untenable at the Tigers

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
lol if that is one of his stipulations then piss off Kurt.

The only players that should be guaranteed a starting position next year are

1. Roger
5. Ken
12. Tohu

Everyone else fight for your place

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
lol if that is one of his stipulations then piss off Kurt.

The only players that should be guaranteed a starting position next year are

1. Roger
5. Ken
12. Tohu

Everyone else fight for your place

Really, we can't completely rebuild a team from nothing, so I think we have a few more locked in, and am happy to buoy around more.

1. Roger
3. Hiku
4. Herbert
5. Ken
8. Paasi
10. Ah Mau
12. Tohu

Those guys imo have shown enough heart and fight to be selected regardless.

Theres a few in the rung below them, like Bunty, Nikorima and Burr as long as they continue to develop ill be happy for them to be selected.

Hov

Juniors
Really, we can't completely rebuild a team from nothing, so I think we have a few more locked in, and am happy to buoy around more.

1. Roger
3. Hiku
4. Herbert
5. Ken
8. Paasi
10. Ah Mau
12. Tohu

Those guys imo have shown enough heart and fight to be selected regardless.

Theres a few in the rung below them, like Bunty, Nikorima and Burr as long as they continue to develop ill be happy for them to be selected.
Front row of Paasi and Ah Mau .... yeah nah. Not as starters together anyway.

Hiku yes but Herbert is definitely not a 100% lock in the centres. Nikorima is a 9 and the sooner he realises that he might actually be able to build a career instead of being seen a stopgap at best. I would genuinely be interested to see who thought he was our long term answer to our halves problem apart from SK.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Tbh much better than Blair for that money. Broncos would be doing wonderfully out of Kearney

Yeah, no question he'd be better than Blair.
But all these other players like Arrow, Lodge, Fifita being worth 800-1mil and we pick up the likes of McCullough for the same money?
Could be worse I guess