What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

One Warrior

Bench
Cheers Mix

Intriguing about losing another second rower. My immediate thought was Murchie because he's off contract, but at the Warriors forum earlier this week George said 4 players had asked for releases before the 1st August deadline so maybe there's someone else unhappy we're not aware of.

Although if BMM wants to leave I wouldn't stand in his way.
I'm thinking it's either BMM or Sironen, this is ok with me.

BLN2

Juniors
Siro won't be in the team next year at full strength with the current 2023 roster, we have second rowers and locks for days. He just doesn't offer much for us. Him and BMM are both dispensable IMO. I know Siro is well liked in the side though. We would ideally see Ale come through to take a spot in the squad.

There are articles in Sydney saying Ice's manager calling the Tigs and saying we'll see you in November.

I wonder if we'll keep Murchie, he runs good lines and has a decent motor. Would hope we keep him and Asi on a 25-30 contract. Asi could go well at 1 I reckon.

Grizzman

Juniors
I see Asi may/will not be offered a contract next year. I know we seem to have a plethora of playmakers next year with TMM, Volkman, Johnson and Metcalf ... but he offers something different from all the others. He's a big hard running five eighth with a huge boot and could cover centre and conceivably full back as well. He's done more than a decent job on the few occasions he's been selected and if he goes (which looks more than possible), I can see us rueing that lost opportunity as much as the Katoa one.

Izz

Bench
I see Asi may/will not be offered a contract next year. I know we seem to have a plethora of playmakers next year with TMM, Volkman, Johnson and Metcalf ... but he offers something different from all the others. He's a big hard running five eighth with a huge boot and could cover centre and conceivably full back as well. He's done more than a decent job on the few occasions he's been selected and if he goes (which looks more than possible), I can see us rueing that lost opportunity as much as the Katoa one.
Agreed. Asi's got something special about him

JJ

Immortal
Not sure why you’d not want Asi, obviously he’s not in the same league, but plenty of quality 5/8 started their career at centre- Daley, Fittler and Burton most obviously, and plenty played centre at the highest level- Kenny, Wighton, and others….

and of course our centres are woeful… not to mention Asi looks ok at 6

BLN2

Juniors
Not sure why you’d not want Asi, obviously he’s not in the same league, but plenty of quality 5/8 started their career at centre- Daley, Fittler and Burton most obviously, and plenty played centre at the highest level- Kenny, Wighton, and others….

and of course our centres are woeful… not to mention Asi looks ok at 6

Yeah seems a handy squad player to me too. Would be a good pick up for the Phins, when they found out Nikorima is terrible.

In terms of centres - I think Vailea is starting to show us his talent. He was a handful against the dogs, and before he got injured had a few really good games. Obviously early days, but he's one to preserve with IMO. Berry has been carving in QLD cup lately also, he's finally getting some consistent game time and starting to shine. One of those 2 with CNK at centre, I think we'll be a step up in that area next season.

Izz

Bench
With Nikorima, it's literally like coaches, teams etc only watch the highlights, lol
WB must think he can get the best out of Nikorima like he's done with lots of others. Might've met his match this time, tho...

JJ

Immortal
WB must think he can get the best out of Nikorima like he's done with lots of others. Might've met his match this time, tho...
to be fair he's had experience with him at the Broncos, was it him that let him go too

Latest posts