What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour regarding Mason.

Alex28

Coach
he's a "show me the money" guy and would demand to be one of the 2 players that get the top up money from sponsors - sorry, Joey and Buderus have that covered. we will never have a hope of affording him while we have to pay a premium for Joey and Bedsy.

Lets get Luke Bailey instead!

Razor

Coach
We don't want Luke Bailey

He's the best prop in the game, but always injured. We have enough injury prone players, we don't need another one.

Doctor

Bench
If anything, a move by Mason to the Knights would only lower our image further. Mason has his own scandals to carry around with him, let alone burdening them on our own shreded reputation.

I can't see him moving back here, let alone at an affordable price to the Knights. If we can't keep Tahu and Kennedy, how do we expect to scrounge together $250,000 to $300,000 to buy Mason.

Need I remind you that he is currently injured -- at least until the second half of the year. I think if we've learned one thing from the past two years it's that we need fit players, not expensive injured ones. :idea:

antonius

Coach
Potato Head has been sucking up to Mason for the past eighteen months, my money is on him going to the goosters, no big loss, I wouldn't be happy for us to sign him, he would come with a capital "T" Trouble, he'd want too much money, there are better props than Mason around for less money, pity we missed half of them last year though.

Doctor

Bench
antonius said:
Potato Head has been sucking up to Mason for the past eighteen months, my money is on him going to the goosters, no big loss, I wouldn't be happy for us to sign him, he would come with a capital "T" Trouble, he'd want too much money, there are better props than Mason around for less money, pity we missed half of them last year though.

Mason has made it publicly known he is out to get as much money as he can -- he does not shy away from this objective. I'm not sure that it fits in with the club ethos here in Newcastle -- well, at least the ethos still being displayed by some. I dare say Buderus could earn $500,000 at other clubs if he really wanted to, but his loyalty is clear as day.

I'd suggest Mason has no loyalties except to himself and his family (the latter being quite noble of him).

Johns Magic

Referee
Oswin said:
antonius said:

Mason has made it publicly known he is out to get as much money as he can -- he does not shy away from this objective. I'm not sure that it fits in with the club ethos here in Newcastle -- well, at least the ethos still being displayed by some. I dare say Buderus could earn $500,000 at other clubs if he really wanted to, but his loyalty is clear as day.

I'd suggest Mason has no loyalties except to himself and his family (the latter being quite noble of him).

Don'y assume before he puts pen to paper ;-)

macavity

Referee
I would love to see him in our colours, but only at a reasonable price tag.

By the sounds of it that is about as likely as Mark Riddell soaring through the air.

I agree with those saying we need to go after a quality prop (or two)

How depressing is it that it is round 4 and we have basically written off this year.

Bring on '06.... :cry:

keeney

First Grade
The thing we have is, we have the players to make a good team an outstanding noe, Johns, Kidley, Simpson, Buderus etc etc. But we don't really have the components required to make a good team out of an average one. We run the team with a skeleton crew, so another big money player sucking up the resources we can use on depth is not what we need, an outside back, some props, pick up 3-4solid players, and a bunch of cheap spare parts players like Jesse Royal etc.

knights_maniac

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
Oswin said:
antonius said:

Don'y assume before he puts pen to paper ;-)
:( :( :( :( this is worrying. If management f**k this up...ill be on their door step...

BUDERUS

Juniors
I was talking with Buderus's dad Gus the other day he said if the Knights don't get major sponsor by the end of the year there will be NO Knights, So Buderus is not going to sign if situation does not improve by the end of the year. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Johns Magic

Referee
BUDERUS said:
I was talking with Buderus's dad Gus the other day he said if the Knights don't get major sponsor by the end of the year there will be NO Knights, So Buderus is not going to sign if situation does not improve by the end of the year. :cry: :cry: :cry:

So if we don't get a major sponsor by season's end the club will disband?

BUDERUS

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
BUDERUS said:

So if we don't get a major sponsor by season's end the club will disband?

Thats what Gus said

Latest posts