What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: Sam Williams signed for 2 years a

nrlnrl

First Grade

thanks for the facts. I'll be happy to be proved wrong if he makes it in the NRL, but in the Charity Shield & the game against the Titans he looked uncomfortable because of his lack of size. I realise that's only 2 games & nerves will play a part, but smaller players tend to either slot in straight away or can't cope.

bottle

Coach
thanks for the facts. I'll be happy to be proved wrong if he makes it in the NRL, but in the Charity Shield & the game against the Titans he looked uncomfortable because of his lack of size. I realise that's only 2 games & nerves will play a part, but smaller players tend to either slot in straight away or can't cope.

Defence would be the issue. Opposition teams would send everything they have his way.

j0nesy

Bench

Ive seen that stat before, and never believed it. If Jamie is truly 177cm, the ill give up my left testicle. I think they measured him with his headgear resting on top of his head.

Paul Gallen is listed as 180cm and 103kg. No way Jamie is only 3cm shorter though.

Last edited:

dragondonar1

Juniors
Chad townsend signed by warriors I guess that leaves williams rangi or johnson who is keep hearing rumour of falling out with elliott. I hoping these rumours are true.

redbreed

Juniors

bottle

Coach
Soward carries that extra kg's in his arse cheeks and gut lol. Don't think height really matters either some of the greats of the game weren't tall. It comes down to toughness something Jamie lacks in I'm afraid.
I'm with you my man.
Running out onto a footy field when you're a little bloke and getting the shit belted out of you week after week by blokes that have 20 kgs on you has nothing to do with being tough.
These clowns should try sitting behind a keyboard and being experts on all things NRL like us. Now that's a tough gig. You've got to be made of stern stuff to do that.
Weaklings.

redbreed

Juniors
Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What is Toovey's weight and height? He seemed to do allright against the big fellas.

After watching Toovey play it proved size does not matter. He was pretty freakish defensive wise.

nrlnrl

First Grade
What is Toovey's weight and height? He seemed to do allright against the big fellas.

After watching Toovey play it proved size does not matter. He was pretty freakish defensive wise.

yeah, toughness is the key ingredient. A number of other smaller blokes in the last 25 years have overcome size such as Langer, Campbell & Bowen. Some of them are comfortable mixing it with any of the players on the field, while others just can't cope & have to be hidden / helped in defence or avoid being tackled at all costs. Not having a go at him because he's leaving, but Soward has been terribly guilty of this last point - especially in the last 2 years. ( worried about being tackled & throwing passes of any type to a teammate )

With Quinlan, from what I've seen this year he didn't seem confident of being able to get involved in defence or attack ( after a great first pass for a try )

Last edited:

Latest posts