What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: Sam Williams signed for 2 years a

hardbaby

Coach
We'll get someone. The issue - is it for this season or next? If they jag Williams I think it will be for that reason. They want it now and they'll pay for it. Rangi would be next year at best.

bileduct

Coach
Canberra Times journo reckons Williams was offered a contract to join the Dragons before June 30 but the Raiders refused to let him go.

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
Raiders are looking to make sure they have some halves depth in case of injuries, particularly around finals time. If Campese goes again they would desperately need Williams. Given they don't have Duges on the books anymore there is no salary cap pressure so I can't see Furner releasing Williams early.

nrlnrl

First Grade
If it happens, it won't be this season. Canberra will be reluctant to let him go, especially to the Dragons. They won't admit it publicly, but the Dugan episode will hurt them every time he plays well. ( even though Reece Robinson is going very well at fullback ).

possm

Coach
We need a halfback for the remainder of this year. For 2014 we have Widdop and possibly Rangi Chase.

BennyV

Referee
If it happens, it won't be this season. Canberra will be reluctant to let him go, especially to the Dragons. They won't admit it publicly, but the Dugan episode will hurt them every time he plays well. ( even though Reece Robinson is going very well at fullback ).

Bunch of sooks!

If it's next season though, I'd prefer Rangi Chase over Williams. He's a more skillful player, definitely more X-factor about him, plus he's got more experience that he can pass on to the young halves...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Quinlan FFS!

I reckon there's something special about him, but he doesn't fit the paint by numbers types that clubs drool over these days.

Play him at 6. Our attack would explode*.

* Relatively speaking.

jenninga

First Grade
Quinlan FFS!

I reckon there's something special about him, but he doesn't fit the paint by numbers types that clubs drool over these days.

* Relatively speaking.
This is a guy with an x-factor,gives us an air of unpredictability,something Soward USED to give us.
I agree with you ,put him at 6.

TheRev

Coach
Yeah heard that rumour too, Quinlan to #6, its just got me angry that it didnt happen a month ago before we got to this point.. in any case after last weekends match it was obvious to me that he could do a lot more damage than Chase can, forget size, Quin will carve them and will provide a good alternative to Fien.

But if he plays for Cutters @6 this week, thats another round of Chevy Chase in the halves..

BennyV

Referee
I reckon he'll only need 1 game to show what he can do, then he may get the call up after the bye...

Yeah heard that rumour too, Quinlan to #6, its just got me angry that it didnt happen a month ago before we got to this point.. in any case after last weekends match it was obvious to me that he could do a lot more damage than Chase can, forget size, Quin will carve them and will provide a good alternative to Fien.

But if he plays for Cutters @6 this week, thats another round of Chevy Chase in the halves..

A month ago we were just getting The Dugan integrated into the side.
Dumping Soward to NSW Cup at that time would have been seen as poor timing, as Duges was no cert to work out as well as it seems to have. Price would have copped it for sure.

karuah6

Juniors
A month ago we were just getting The Dugan integrated into the side.
Dumping Soward to NSW Cup at that time would have been seen as poor timing, as Duges was no cert to work out as well as it seems to have. Price would have copped it for sure.

He still cops it:crazy::crazy::crazy:

TheRev

Coach
Soward will need to find a new home by the weekend in order for Quinlan to play 6 for the Cutters
Yep this.. Soward got named again this weekend for the Cutters but I dont think it means much based on previous weeks team announcements, they dont seem to put much thought into it, just decide during the week.

Father Ted

First Grade
Yep this.. Soward got named again this weekend for the Cutters but I dont think it means much based on previous weeks team announcements, they dont seem to put much thought into it, just decide during the week.

If you're a cutter and you know it and you really want to show it , If you're a Cutter and you know it , suck you're feet.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Quinlan FFS!

* Relatively speaking.

After a brilliant first touch against the Titans he looked spooked for the rest of the game. Sorry but I think he's too small & wouldn't last at 5/8 in the NRL

Latest posts